• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment |OT| Re:translated and Re:mastered

Ennosuke

Can I get my vita savegame on the ps4?

Despite the fact that I love my vita, I imagine this game even more fun on the big screen and currently I have nothing rpg like to play.

Ryan_

hi all,

just bought this game since I'm a huge SOA fan. SO far I really like it but it's a bit overwehelming. Any tips? Also, what's up with the chat function. I feel like I can't get the happiness very high.

hi all,

just bought this game since I'm a huge SOA fan. SO far I really like it but it's a bit overwehelming. Any tips? Also, what's up with the chat function. I feel like I can't get the happiness very high.

Just got this game with the pre-order of Lost Song and am also curious about some pointers to make playing the game smoother. Also what's the estimated playtime for this game including dlc?

Hikami

hi all,

If you're lost just bring up the event list, can't remember where it is but it's in one of the menus. I think the touchpad one. That should give you an idea of what to do next.

The chat thing is weird, if you want to get it up quick just bring your partner to your room or the fountain outside and keep replying with R.
Just got this game with the pre-order of Lost Song and am also curious about some pointers to make playing the game smoother. Also what's the estimated playtime for this game including dlc?
Depends on how much stuff you do. I tried to do almost everything and it took me ~100 hours. (on Vita, would've taken less on PS4 since some stuff is less grindy now)

Jolkien

Just started playing, ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

Do I need to level everyone on my friend list ? So far I leveled Sinon and Lisbeth to 106 by exploring the hollow area, pretty fast with the bonus xp and xp transfer buff activated. I thought leveling Lisbeth would increase the odd of upgrading my equipment but it doesn't look like it.

Hikami

Just started playing, ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

Do I need to level everyone on my friend list ? So far I leveled Sinon and Lisbeth to 106 by exploring the hollow area, pretty fast with the bonus xp and xp transfer buff activated. I thought leveling Lisbeth would increase the odd of upgrading my equipment but it doesn't look like it.

You only need to level up partners you want to use really. As for the other NPCs on the list, they sometime send you messages asking for help. If you help them, they level up/or get stronger.. something like that. Which increases their survival rate for the floor bosses.

Lisbeth's weapon upgrade chance gets increased as the story progresses. You'll have to do certain events with her that'll pop up in the event list at certain floors.

desmax

I'm interested in the game, but I heard the platinum is impossible to get due to some glitched trophies.

Did they ever fixed that? That plat image is really pretty

Hikami

Does the PS4 release have a physical edition?
Nope, there's no physical PS4 version of this anywhere I believe.

Japan got this: (or is getting, still isn't out yet I think)
485e1022c2.png

That comes with Lost Song and Re:Hollow Fragment, but Re:HF is still just a digital code apparently.

I'm interested in the game, but I heard the platinum is impossible to get due to some glitched trophies.

Did they ever fixed that? That plat image is really pretty

They did for the EU version, not sure if the NA version is fixed yet. It's the reason I stopped playing as well..
Bandai Namco is aware though and said they'd fix it a while back.

Would I enjoy this game if I generally enjoy RPGs but have never seen nor played anything about Sword Art Online ever before?

The screenshots make it kind of look what I remember about the one Star Ocean game I played (and loved).

desmax

They did for the EU version, not sure if the NA version is fixed yet. It's the reason I stopped playing as well..
Bandai Namco is aware though and said they'd fix it a while back.

So, theorically, if I pick the european one, I shoudn't have to worry?

And when did they say that again? Was it recently?

Hikami

Would I enjoy this game if I generally enjoy RPGs but have never seen nor played anything about Sword Art Online ever before?

The screenshots make it kind of look what I remember about the one Star Ocean game I played (and loved).

Yeah, the RPG gameplay is definitely pretty good on its own. There's a decent recap to catch you up with the story at the beginning of the game. You'd just be completely lost on who the characters are. The game doesn't really introduce you to them since you're expected to have watched up to around episode ~14 of the show for all the character development and such.
Definitely recommend watching a gameplay video first though since the combat system can be pretty hit/miss with people.
So, theorically, if I pick the european one, I shoudn't have to worry?

And when did they say that again? Was it recently?
Yep, people have gotten the platinum already on the EU version so it's definitely working there.
They said this earlier this month if you emailed/contacted them about:
Thank you for contacting Bandai Namco's Technical Support and Warranty Department.

We have been informed that the development team is planning on releasing an update for this title but there is currently no ETA on when this will be released or what other issues will be address in this update aside from the Implementation issue that this patch will be addressing. We recommend periodically starting the game up from time to time to see if it went live.

Please note that under normal circumstances, this service does not receive updates for unannounced updates and this is an exception as we reported your crashing and freezing issues to the development team.
edit: This too
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Bandai Namco Entertainment America's customer support department.

Yes, the Memories and Debug trophies will be patched for Re:Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, as well as some other details. We have not been given a release date nor any specific problems beyond the trophies. I hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Customer Support

Haven't even started it up this month so I'll check if it has a patch or something now.
edit: Nope, nothing. Still version 1.00 and no updates available so the NA version is still glitched at the moment.

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the stand alone EU version or the U.S bundle. Can someone please explain what the trophy glitches are? I can't say for sure that I'd have the time to dedicate to the platinum, but I want to have the option. If there are glitches that prevent trophies from unlocking correctly in either version, it might sway my decision.

Hikami

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the stand alone EU version or the U.S bundle. Can someone please explain what the trophy glitches are? I can't say for sure that I'd have the time to dedicate to the platinum, but I want to have the option. If there are glitches that prevent trophies from unlocking correctly in either version, it might sway my decision.

The US version has 2 trophies that are glitched. Meaning even if you do what they say, they won't unlock. The EU version doesn't have this problem.

Bandai Namco says they're going to fix it though so you'd be able to get it eventually.. whenever they decide to actually patch it. Who knows when that'll even be though, we still haven't even gotten all the DLC from the Vita version that they said would be available after launch.

The US version has 2 trophies that are glitched. Meaning even if you do what they say, they won't unlock. The EU version doesn't have this problem.

Bandai Namco says they're going to fix it though so you'd be able to get it eventually.. whenever they decide to actually patch it. Who knows when that'll even be though, we still haven't even gotten all the DLC from the Vita version that they said would be available after launch.

Is this specific to the U.S. version again?

Thanks for clarifying the trophy glitches. I think I might go with the EU version.

Jolkien

Do you need to complete the friend request like for example to bring them to defeat some hollow mission then take them to the garden ? I completed two and I didn't notice any special reward for doing so.

Sora_N

How's remote play on this? Just wondering because I can't decide which version of Lost Song to buy next month.

Hikami

Well that's some bad timing..
I want to actually play it now but I'm busy with Disgaea 5 and Zestiria is out next week.

anderedna

Patch 1.01 is up for both NA and EU.

"Debug complete" is fixed and memories should be too.

Can confirm. I got "Memories" trophy once I started the game and pick up gallery option.
"Debug complete" popped up once I complete a hollow mission.

Platinum trophy acquired :)

Time to start D5, got my P/O today.

Lost Song is up for pre-order on the EU store. If you pre-order before 13/11 and own Re: Hollow Fragment, a discount will be applied. Can anyone in EU with Re: Hollow Fragment check what the discounted price is?

Senoculum

I just go this game; and I'm enjoying it so far - I love the meta MMORPG angle.

Just came off Dark Cloud PS4, Elder Scrolls Online, and probably a few other dungeon crawlers that I'm forgetting. I'm 3 hours into the game, and I still don't know what to do.

I mean, the maps aren't helping me; the combat seems very complex to me, and I'm slowly figuring out. Perhaps I haven't crossed a certain threshold where they reveal all the intricacies of battle - but I just found it really confusing when I button mash and win.

A part me almost appreciates that they throw you in there with a full set of features and abilities - ala Dark Souls, kind of - but I really want to get better at the battle system! Especially now I'm running through the Hollow map in co-op.

This is $5.00 right now.

Can anyone recommend a good video or two to watch to see if this is worth $5.00? I've heard really bad things, and even though I'm a big fan of the anime I've been steering clear of this and Lost song.

A good review that is optimistic and shows gameplay/story/co op bits would be good to push me over.

Sora_N

This is $5.00 right now.

Can anyone recommend a good video or two to watch to see if this is worth $5.00? I've heard really bad things, and even though I'm a big fan of the anime I've been steering clear of this and Lost song.

A good review that is optimistic and shows gameplay/story/co op bits would be good to push me over.

I'd say it's worth $5 to try out, but I honestly hated the Vita version's shit translation and I paid $40. I didn't get very far in the Vita version though, it's hard to tell if you'd like it really, but it's $5 now only. That's like 2-3 coffees.

I'm gonna rebuy for $5 cuz why not. I wouldn't have spent $20.

OmegaDL50

I just picked this game up from the Namco-Bandai sale.

It's not bad at all, and kind of reminds me a bit of the .hack games on the PS2, with the premise of being stuck inside an MMO game with AI helpers.

Although I'm familiar with the source material having watched both Season 1 and 2 of the Anime.

Although there are some minor performance issues like slowdown when there are too many characters on screen at once but it's nothing too significant to detract from the overall experience.

Just starting the game mechanics and things to learn can be somewhat overwhelming, so I suggest reading and not simply skimming over the in-game tutorials. There is a ton of information to take in regards to Weapons, Skills, Implements, not to mention the two different areas and managing your party to make survival easier when the Floor Bosses as well explorations in the Hollow Area quests.

I put about 8 hours into the game and I find it rather enjoyable, but I know there is a bit of a grind and it can take nearly 200 hours to do everything, so I'll just pace myself and digest the content of this game slowly without being overwhelmed by the experience.

Ups, picked up the PS4 version during the sale but just realized I've been posting in the Vita version OT.

I'm not sure what I'm doing lol, enemies die so fast it doesn't give me time to figure things out, just mashing circle.
Is there a way to turn off the fastest running speed? It looks so janky and I find it really disorienting.

Just tried it with remote play and it's nice to have the best of both worlds, portability and all the improvements of the PS4 version.

Only played a bit but I hope I enjoy it.

Z3M0G

I purchased the Vita version some time ago and only just started playing it last week or so... then this sale happens so I upgraded to the PS4 version for $5. Feel so bad for not waiting... but wow! What an upgrade!

I also purchased Lost Song on both platforms for cross-play and am playing in parallel with Hollow Fragment. Funny how I don't feel like I'm missing ANYTHING by doing this... It's like the gang of characters are jumping between games with me and just playing two MMO's. lol

Edit: OOPS, posted this comment in the thread for the other game by mistake:

This game is a great steal for $5... combat system is fun once you get the hang of it, and is more enjoyable than combat in the 2nd game, IMO.

Tip: disable the "burst" (?) or whatever option on your sword art skill that auto-launches at the end of your O-O-O-O combo... and manually launch them instead by holding L and hitting a face button. (This wouldn't be so bad on PS4 where sword arts are on a cool-down instead of burning your SP gauge like on Vita, but I still find it stupid.)

This is a PSP > Vita > PS4 port... and it runs so silky smooth on PS4 I could swear it is above 60fps.

Top Bottom