• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

frontieruk

How good is COOP without a mic? Because i have a pair of tritton 720s and the mic broke awhile back and since i live in an apartment with paper thin walls headphones are my source of audio and until i can afford a new pair of cans w/ a mic i am without a mic.

Will i be shunned out of public coop for not having one?

No, as long as you play as a team member ie reboots breaches etc you'll be good at least that's my experience on live

-PXG-

Waiting for the impressions of PC-gaf. Was looking forward to this but alas...

No pc-demo = no day 1 purchase

If, run of the mill console port = day never purchase
This.

I love Starbreeze, but not enough to deal with Origin. Ugh.

frontieruk

@Syndicate Are the PC graphics better/worse/same as the consoles? I'd be fine with same.

@YashAluru We've optimized it for each systems :) Will you be getting it for PC?
19 Feb

Sounds promising for pc at least.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Not rally sure what that means, Skyrimwas a good port from Console to PC as is the alan wake port, pc got the definitive versions of both.

Definite port is a relative term if you ask me but that's beside the point, I'd kill for an Alan Wake-esque level of pc version rather than Skyrim which I have unbelievably large issues with.

Truant

Tried the demo. Everything felt really choppy, even the fmv sequences. Like, microstuttering. Maybe my 360 is dying.

Anyway, I had no idea what was going on. Found out I could heal people, so just did that. What's the point of the detective mode? Found no real use for it.

wabo

Banned
Tried the demo. Everything felt really choppy, even the fmv sequences. Like, microstuttering. Maybe my 360 is dying.

Anyway, I had no idea what was going on. Found out I could heal people, so just did that. What's the point of the detective mode? Found no real use for it.

To know where are enemies and mates. And yes, probably your 360 is dying (hope you live to tel the story), played it on PS3 and had no problem aside from horrible 2006-like graphics.

Extremely fun coop, to the point I didn't even consider it and now is day 1.

The idea behind is go fast, go wise, go help.

L2 button for health care and unlocking/activating is your friend.

S1kkZ

your 360 is fine. the game has microstuttering because the framerate is sub 30 (also on ps3). many people just dont notice it.

sfedai0

Banned
I really enjoy the 4-man team aspect but I must be playing with some COD dudebros cause I cant get a fucking reboot if I screamed in to their ears. I seem to do all the healing.

soultron

Banned

DART vision (depending on your upgrades, IIRC) allows you to do more damage. In SP it also has a slight time dilation effect.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Meh sounds like the usual bullshit. Call me jaded but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have more than a few resolution options at release.

Same, I've been burnt too many times by devs going " oh we've put care into the pc version" which sadly more often than not translates to " oh we've put in mouse control in the pc version".

As posted in another thread, decided to go with 360 version at the last minute. Got a good friend who wants to coop.
Just a few more days!

dreamfall

Very, very excited! Decided 360 version, to play co-op with a friend. The demo really was incredible- and I heart Starbreeze.

owlbeak

Never really heard of this remake. I played the original Bullfrog game years ago and stumbled upon this demo last night on XBL with a friend and played it and god damn it was awesome.

It locked up three times on me and him once though, requiring a hard system reset each time. Hope they fix that, but otherwise it was really fun.

frontieruk

Never really heard of this remake. I played the original Bullfrog game years ago and stumbled upon this demo last night on XBL with a friend and played it and god damn it was awesome.

It locked up three times on me and him once though, requiring a hard system reset each time. Hope they fix that, but otherwise it was really fun.

I must be really lucky, I've racked up a silly amount of time in demo and never had any of the bugs others have bumped into :-/ I do wonder if the lock ups are down to the EA servers rather than the actual game code though.

I know! I'll be buying more games that week than I think I have ever before. In my entire life.

You operate a far to sensible purchasing procedure for my liking... but then again I've still got games in their plastic wrappers so you may be onto something lol.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Has there been any word if your co-op stats are cross-platform? I played the 360 demo a lot and plan on getting this on the PC. I hope so.

soultron

Banned
I must be really lucky, I've racked up a silly amount of time in demo and never had any of the bugs others have bumped into :-/ I do wonder if the lock ups are down to the EA servers rather than the actual game code though.

You operate a far to sensible purchasing procedure for my liking... but then again I've still got games in their plastic wrappers so you may be onto something lol.

I used to work at EB Games when I was a teenager and I had out-of-control spending habits when it came to games. Haha.

But now, as a 24-year-old, I don't have the time or the money. Thinking about buying that many games in a week is intimidating to me now. Haha.

Mechazawa

Don't read too much into this, but there's a review out in the wild. Maybe the embargo lifts in a few minutes? Maybe the website ignored whatever embargo is set in place? Maybe pirates?

Says basically fuck all about the gameplay that we don't already know, but there are couple of interesting claims:

The game will take you around 6-8 hours to finish on normal difficulty. It’s a little disappointing that I can’t reply the game again from the start with the upgrades I have already unlocked. I only got seven or eight upgrades from the seventeen upgrades available in the game in my play through. The game deserves a second play through just to try a different approach.

Don't read too much into this, but there's a review out in the wild. Maybe the embargo lifts in a few minutes? Maybe the website ignored whatever embargo is set in place? Maybe pirates?

Says basically fuck all about the gameplay that we don't already know, but there are couple of interesting claims:

I've heard that they were selling it early in UAE so the reviewer may very well have gotten a retail copy last week. Swedish Gamereactor said that their review would go up on Tuesday so that's probably when the embargo ends.

Still have my pre-order in at Amazon for the $20 credit, but the total lack of any reviews or even any general chatter has me worried I'm going to still be paying $60 for a bomb. Also, it's in "shipping soon" status, so cancellation will soon no longer be an option. FINGERS CROSSED!

Still have my pre-order in at Amazon for the $20 credit, but the total lack of any reviews or even any general chatter has me worried I'm going to still be paying $60 for a bomb. Also, it's in "shipping soon" status, so cancellation will soon no longer be an option. FINGERS CROSSED!

Why do you have it preordered then? Are you afraid they will run out of copies or what? :)

Top Bottom