• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to bring their fried chicken taco shell nationwide in late January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not gonna lie I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't any beef inside the actual chalupa itself. Having just veggies and stuff in the shell doesn't seem right.

I ate the Double Down once to try it, God knows my fat American ass will try this too.

And then cry on the toilet after.

Razzorn34

jSxKEFkh.jpg

I keep seeing this, but nfc what it stems from. What is the basis of this meme?

Wait, theres no meat filling? I thought this thing was a chalupa just with chicken instead of bread? wtf just lettuce on the inside. Forget that. You know the teens putting it together are going to make it look like trash. Picture the sad excuse for lettuce/cheese/tomoato you get on a typical TB taco, then picture that in the chicken shell. I bet it just all spills out in the bag. No thanks.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
i dunno about this one. the shell seems fine but basically just a lettuce taco? hm.

The shell's supposed to provide most of the meat, so yes the filling's mainly other stuff:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Taco-Bell-is-going-national-with-fried-chicken-10850551.php

Taco Bell says the shell of the Naked Chicken Chalupa is made up of all-white seasoned chicken. The rest of the taco is packed with lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and avocado ranch sauce.

The fast food chain says the taco tested well in markets in Bakersfield, California, and Kansas City, Missouri, over the past two years.

It will be available at Taco Bells across the country on Jan. 26.

3Ehmv4m.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm always a fan of replacing things with fried chicken. Still doesn't beat the KFC Double Down though.

635578715458371905-AP-KFC-Double-Down.jpg

Atlas157

Last time I ate Taco Bell I got extremely sick, and I said I'd never eat Taco Bell again.

Trying this is very tempting though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom