• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii U Version for Nov 21 (JP)

From Shinobi via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/sinobintage/status/377603715982561280
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-11611160699.html

Wii U GamePad play, up to 4 players.

Features the opening theme from popular morning drama 'Amachan'.

-Can use drums/sticks from Wii version
-Compatible with drums/sticks, Wii Remotes, GamePad
-Off-TV play (buttons only in this mode, touch when on TV)
-New Baton Touch Performance Mode for 2-4 players.
-Mario & Luigi masks
-Features songs from AKB48, Exile, Ikimonogakari, One Piece, Toricco, & Pokemon X&Y

Who didn't call it?

I figured this was going to be announced alongside Puyo, was tempted to make that prediction lol. XD

Someone said they wanted that to be so in fact, well, there ya go!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The first significant Wii U Japanese 3rd party game since DQX or possibly MH 3G HD.

So we not only have the first HD Taiko, but it's also the first 8th-gen console Taiko. lol

Refreshing to finally see a JP-made Wii U exclusive. Sonic is, but the series definitely seems more skewed towards the west than Japan nowadays, for obvious reasons as said.

Oh and Family Party is as well, but that's... Family Party, plus it's also another western-skewed IP pretty much, :p

squall23

Features the opening theme from popular morning drama 'Amachan'.

-Can use drums/sticks from Wii version
-Compatible with drums/sticks, Wii Remotes, GamePad
-Off-TV play (buttons only in this mode, touch when on TV)
-New Baton Touch Performance Mode for 2-4 players.
-Mario & Luigi masks
-Features songs from AKB48, Exile, Ikimonogakari, One Piece, Toricco, & Pokemon X&Y
lol, of course there is. What was the last Taiko without an Ikimonogakari song? Probably Taiko DS2.

For those who aren't aware, the latest Wii version of this game has sold more than 550,000 units in Japan, quite a feat for Wii third-party games.

Prelude.

For those who aren't aware, the latest Wii version of this game has sold more than 550,000 units, quite a feat for Wii third-party games.
And that's the problem with these kind of games. They already have their Taiko on their Wii, it doesn't mean that it will sell the same on Wii U.

And that's the problem with these kind of games. They already have their Taiko on their Wii, it doesn't mean that it will sell the same on Wii U.

But sales of Taiko 3DS contradict this statement. I don't think the Wii U one will sell as good as Taiko Wii, but it should at least give it a little boost.

For Poke-nerds like me, the game will feature a medley of the Pokemon XY battle theme.

This is awesome.

No chance. J Pop and anime OPs/EDs are essentially ingrained to this franchise at this point.

Didn't stop Nintendo from replacing virtually every song in the Konga series when localizing them, hell they're by the Taiko team! :O

I love pretending Taiko is the successor to Donkey Konga lol. XD

I wouldn't object to a NA-exclusive DK reskin, hell, imagine if the DK skin literally just had DK characters in the crazy Japanese Taiko style, that would be hilarious! XD

squall23

Nice it's already getting XY music. How long did it take for BW music to be in Taiko games after BW's release?
There is no Pokemon music medley prior to this one in a Taiko game. All the past Pokemon music were anime OPs.
For those who aren't aware, the latest Wii version of this game has sold more than 550,000 units in Japan, quite a feat for Wii third-party games.
It better have sold 500k+ considering it was the best console Taiko ever made and that it was the final Wii Taiko and that it was advertised as such.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Better game than Project Diva. Bring this over instead.

Kidding. But seriously. I assume you don't even have to bring over accessories.

Better game than Project Diva. Bring this over instead.

Kidding. But seriously. I assume you don't even have to bring over accessories.

But the drum is the DK Bongo 2.0!

Hey, why couldn't they have used that for Jungle Beat Wii or Barrel Blast ha ha. :p

Probably more awkward than necessary. :p

Mask

I saw "Tatsujin" and immediately thought TRUXTON. I'll never learn.

Same. Still hoping for a PSN/XBLA release of the two arcade Truxtons.

I've always wanted to play Taiko no Tatsujin with the actual arcade drums, but had to settle for importing the PSP and DS
versions instead. The DS games were pretty good with the stylus drum though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yakuza 5 has a Taiko machine in it.

Would have been the first Taiko 'official' release since PS2 in the US if the game got localized. Everybody wins.

squall23

Same. Still hoping for a PSN/XBLA release of the two arcade Truxtons.

I've always wanted to play Taiko no Tatsujin with the actual arcade drums, but had to settle for importing the PSP and DS
versions instead. The DS games were pretty good with the stylus drum though.
A piece of advice if/when you do. Bring your own drumsticks. The ones that come with the machine are sooooo heavey.

zroid

Banned
...... :(
Well, I guess I'll have to get the Wii games until homebrewers get past the region lock, or break down and buy a Japanese Wii U...

image.php

I could've sworn taiko games were platformers or some shit I just never bothered to look it up

So its basically a rhythm game with instruments?

rpmurphy

Oh wow that looks really fun. I'm guessing none of the games released in the west?
There was one localized version for North America on the PS2 almost 10 years ago (Taiko Drum Master)... but that's it. For any of the newer releases, you're better off importing.

This is a taiko, btw. Unlike the GH/RB fad, TnT has been around and still going strong. The arcade units are super fun.

squall23

If I actually own a Japanese Wii U, I might actually wait for the 2nd or 3rd iteration before I get one of these games.

The final Wii one was honestly really REALLY good.

kitsuneyo

Hope it comes to the eShop at least.

The latest Wii version sells so well, it's in the Media Create top 20 so often, this could actually be a Japanese system seller.

Top Bottom