• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taito SJ comes to MiSTer FPGA; Elevator Action and so much more

VGEsoterica

I wasn't technically alive when these games came to arcades...but when I was a kid our local arcade had an Elevator Action cabinet and I was hooked on it. Such a simple premise yet it just had everything you needed; awesome music, great gameplay and challenge that was easy to learn, hard to master. And I realize not everyone is my exact age and for a lot of people these games might be some of their fondest arcade memories from growing up.

Which is why it's awesome we now have an FPGA core for most of the Taito SJ games. Stuff like Elevator Action and Jungle King...those early Taito hits that are still a ton of fun to play today. And considering the arcade cabinets arent getting any more common its great to see them get recreated in FPGA for more people to enjoy that way.

But I am curious GAF...who WAS alive during the early 80s arcade days? I always assume my age is everyone elses...which I just straight up know isn't true. lol

Top Bottom