• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales announcement next Tuesday

It's almost becoming the norm now for namco to announce a new Tales game before a previously announced one is even released.

mutsu

Already another one coming? Release Tales of the Tempest first!

I bet it's another one for the PS2.

loosus

Banned
What are most of the Tales games like? I had Symphonia, but God, that game sucked. But from the 3 minutes that I've played of Phantasia, it didn't seem all that much like Symphonia -- which is a good thing.

Emotions

loosus said:
What are most of the Tales games like? I had Symphonia, but God, that game sucked. But from the 3 minutes that I've played of Phantasia, it didn't seem all that much like Symphonia -- which is a good thing.

Symphonia & Phantasia rock, IMHO.

Himuro said:
Oh please. Why even bring Suikoden into this? Suikoden is another rpg series that needs to fine tune itself and fast.

Long live ATLUS. No other rpg series really matters these days to me. They're all average. Other rpg games this gen don't matter unless they're called Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy X, and Dragon Quarter. Hopefully Final Fantasy XII fits the bill as well.

I disagree, there's a lot of good RPG's out there, appart from those.

Jonnyram said:
I'm relieved... I worried for a while that they might be ending the series ;)

Joke?

Every installment sells big time.

Edit: In Japan, that is. (Although Symphonia did remarkably well in the USA)

Emotions

Himuro said:
That's because GC doesn't have any rpgs and Nintendards would take any rpg that hit that console as that was their only option.

Not true, I own more than a GC and i enjoyed Symphonia a lot, same with Baten Kaitos and Paper Mario, very cool RPG's, IMHO.

Emotions

Himuro said:
I was talking about it's sales. That is the reason Symphonia sold so well. GC had such an rpg drought people were going to take anything they could get.

Oh, understood then. It deserved good sales, though.

duckroll

Oh I heard about this some time ago. It's Tales of Frame City, the first modern day Tales game ever. It's developed on the Unreal Engine 3.0 and will be for the Xbox360.

Mau ®

Mashing said:
Tales of Sabotage for X360... JAPAN EXCLUSIVE!

MS will probably get a 5 minute exclusivity annoucement ala GTA4!

Tales of the Fabula Nova Milkanis is where its at!

Oh I heard about this some time ago. It's Tales of Frame City, the first modern day Tales game ever. It's developed on the Unreal Engine 3.0 and will be for the Xbox360.

Complete with bad art, lack of fashionable JRPG hair and FPS battle system. It'll flop hard in Japan but the series will finally get some street creed in America!

john tv

Maybe a final Tempest date or some new feature or whatever?

It would be a little discourteous to fans IMO if they go and announce a new one after having delayed Tempest so many times...

duckroll

john tv said:
Maybe a final Tempest date or some new feature or whatever?

It would be a little discourteous to fans IMO if they go and announce a new one after having delayed Tempest so many times...

Namco? Discourteous to fans? You don't say!

neo2046

if this is a hint, there will be more than one "Tales of" titles to be announced

from the rumor column in one issue of Famitsu

the company that merged recently,
its famous RPG, which has action element in the battle, will have an announcement recently
around 5 port/remix/new titles are planned in this year
and likely that only one announced and delayed title will also have a solid release day

Emotions

neo2046 said:
if this is a hint, there will be more than one "Tales of" titles to be announced

Tales of Multiplatform.
Xbox360= Tales of Maturia
PS3= Tales of Normalia
Wii= Tales of Kiddia.
+ Solid release date for ToTT.

Top Bottom