• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales Channel+ counting down to Tales of series’ 20th anniversary

Soriku

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/tales-channel-counting-down-tales-series-20th-anniversary

Tales-Channel-Plus-Countdown-Launched_11-29-15.jpg

Tales Channel+, the official Tales of series web portal, has begun a new countdown—counting down the days left “until something happens”—featuring the protagonists of the series.

The 16th day started (and passed) with Sorey from Tales of Zestiria, and is counting down the protagonists from there. (Games Talk managed to get a hold of the countdown images up until eight days remain.) For example:

Day 15 – Ludger from Tales of Xillia 2
Day 14 – Jude and Milla from Tales of Xillia
Day 13 – Asbel from Tales of Graces
Day 12 – Kor from Tales of Hearts
Day 11 – Yuri from Tales of Vesperia
Day 10 – Emil from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Day 9 – Luca from Tales of Innocence
Day 8 – Caius from Tales of the Tempest

The countdown ends on December 15, the 20th anniversary of the Tales of series. (The first game, Tales of Phantasia, launched for Super Famicom on December 15, 1995.)

Probably Berseria info and...whatever else.

Heyt

Banned
I think they're going to hold on to Berseria for now, it's still very early. I think we're going to see Tales of the Best announced as the second 20th annyversary celebration that will end with the Zestiria animation next year.

Soriku

Wasn't there a trademark application that people suggested could be for HD Remasters?

Tales of the Best thingy

I think they're going to hold on to Berseria for now, it's still very early. I think we're going to see Tales of the Best announced as the second 20th annyversary celebration that will end with the Zestiria animation next year.

The game was announced in June. I think some more preliminary info needs to come out, especially since it's the only mainline title they have in the pipeline.

Takao

Banned
Given it's the 20th Anniversary of the franchise, Tales of the Best could also be another crossover game. If it is, it's probably mobile.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Tales of the best for PS4/PC comprising of Vesperia? I'd take sub only for that

Heyt

Banned
The game was announced in June. I think some more preliminary info needs to come out, especially since it's the only mainline title they have in the pipeline.

I don't think they're showing anything. It was at 10% at Tales of Festival and I think they were being pretty optimistic. If anything they'll comment on it but for now it looks like it will be a 2017 title.

They'll just fill 2016 with the animation and the re-releases/ports and that's it while hyping up Berseria from the second half of the year up to a early 2017 release like Zestiria had.

Faustek

It's going to be a 2D tales and we'll see if that tag is real or just all around disappointing.
Probably not though.

Sigh need to finish up Zesteria :/
No time tho.

FSLink

Banned
Please look forward to another Tales of Phantasia remake.

I'm okay with it if it's actually more than just a PS1 Phantasia with some changes, and if it gets localized.

Or shoot, even if it's just Phantasia X, bring that over with Narikiri Dungeon X. >_>

Tales of the best seems likely...or a remake of and old one. Been awhile since weve gotten one of those, right? Last one being Tales of hearts on Vita I think.

A new Tales of World game would be nice, own the first and loved the little that I got to play of the sequel. Doubtful since they never brought the rest of the games over here.... :(

Also I have a bad feeling about Bearseria for some reason....

RPGCrazied

What ever happened with that Tales of The Best? Want to know what that is. I still want them to HD Legendia and Abyss.

Please look forward to another Tales of Phantasia remake.

In all fairness the west never received an official decent release of Phantasia (GBA version was poor). Even today it probably has the best story in the entire series and it would be amazing with a Graces style battle system. So I don't think that would be a bad thing.

Actually ToZ isn't bad, but the skill/equipment sure is. Whoever thought that was a good idea.

People who love the shit out of grinding probably enjoy it a lot. Like one LP I saw of the game, at about the 1/3 point of the game he had the same equipment I was using near end game. Not only that he had 16 hours in the game before even getting to Ladylake just because he was grinding for battle talents lol.

I'm going to guess we'll get more Berseria info (they've been marketing it as the second stage of the series' 20th anniversary). Wouldn't mind a Tempest R, but I'd be surprised if it ever happened after the lukewarm reception of Innocence and Hearts R in Japan.

Truth. It's a bit tiring to see Vesperia PS3 come up every thread, especially when Namco has been pretty clear about its fate overseas.

I think Innocence R had a bit better reception than Hearts R did (at least with mk2 reviews), just because it was generally considered an upgrade from it's original unlike Hearts. Although I also think that the presentation of the games had a lot to do with their poor sales, it was very obviously a low budgeted title and that probably had people deciding to pass on them even before they came out. It does blow my mind sometimes that Bamco is giving more budget and press to something like SAO than their own flagship RPG series.

Fou-Lu

Hey I'll take older Tales on PS4 over new crappy Tales. Zestiria and both Xillias sucked. Vesperia was the last good one.

Graces was amazing!
Dat, battle system.

I even didn't mind the story/characters. >_>

Both Xillias are terrible, but I like Zestiria, somewhat.

Weiss

Banned
The important thing we can all agree to is that Symphonia is best and everything else is trash.

fite me

I do feel like a better way to celebrate the anniversary of the series would have been to make a new entry in the Aselia series, something in the same world as Symphonia and Phantasia. I think I would have been more excited for that than Zestiria. I know its probably better that they tried to stay more original by making a new setting again, but I feel the Aselia one is still the most interesting to me.

kewlmyc

We'll definitely get some Berseria and Zestiria anime news. Please, please take your time with Berseria, Bamco. Last thing we need is more rushed and sloppy Tales games.

Hey I'll take older Tales on PS4 over new crappy Tales. Zestiria and both Xillias sucked. Vesperia was the last good one.

The story and MC's gameplay for Xillia 2 were good at least. It's a shame all the reused assets and debt system ruin me recommending it to anyone.

I have no words to defend Zestiria and Xillia with. Xillia was mediocre and rushed and Zestiria is experimental and nearly everything other than the music is mediocre to bad.

Clearly it's a new tales of phantasia version. It's due hasn't been one since 2013's ios/android one. Gotta catch up with FF4 for most unnecessary remakes/ports

I think Innocence R had a bit better reception than Hearts R did (at least with mk2 reviews), just because it was generally considered an upgrade from it's original unlike Hearts. Although I also think that the presentation of the games had a lot to do with their poor sales, it was very obviously a low budgeted title and that probably had people deciding to pass on them even before they came out. It does blow my mind sometimes that Bamco is giving more budget and press to something like SAO than their own flagship RPG series.

I can't help but to think that Innocence R in particular was a PSP project originally.

Some Nobody

This could be a bunch of things. Hopefully Tales of the Best is a convenient collection of Tales games for PS4, and Tales of Berseria has a markedly better appearance with more info, characters, and gameplay.

I'd rather them finally put out a new, good game unlike the last three or four we've got and I had to accept due to stockholm syndrome for the series but y'know.

Top Bottom