• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Innocence [DS] trailer

Akai

lostzenfound said:
What the hell ever happened to the other DS Tales game? Tales of the Tempest right?
It was 3D and had a pretty sexy look to it, yet we never saw it; so why should we expect this one?
I'm hoping it's just because even Namco realized the game was really bad...

Durante

lostzenfound said:
What the hell ever happened to the other DS Tales game? Tales of the Tempest right?
Apparently it sucked, so you're not missing much. (I'm only relaying information I got from the huge Tales game thread)

Been a while since I heard a male main char that sounded so obviously like the girl who voice acted him.

Other than that, the trailer was overall a disappointment to someone who didn't expect much anyway. I'm just not diggin' the atmosphere so far.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks nice. I don't know about the rest of you but I love the whole PS1 style graphics on DS, reminds me of all the cool RPGs on it back then :D

kiryogi

Banned
DarknessTear said:
Been a while since I heard a male main char that sounded so obviously like the girl who voice acted him.

Other than that, the trailer was overall a disappointment to someone who didn't expect much anyway. I'm just not diggin' the atmosphere so far.

Haha, she was also Rockman's voice in Rockman.EXE.

kiryogi said:
Haha, she was also Rockman's voice in Rockman.EXE.

Rockman sounded at least a little more like a boy though.

Darji said:
he is a 15 years old he cant sound like Macus Phoenix...

You're talking to someone who watches too much anime here. I know how it works and even then he still sounds absurdly girly.

Scenester

speedpop said:
Looks nice. I don't know about the rest of you but I love the whole PS1 style graphics on DS, reminds me of all the cool RPGs on it back then :D

Yeah, the look of this one reminds me of Legend of Legaia. Looks like this will be worth getting

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Not bad. Other than the air-walking & weird "monsters getting hit" animations, this game seems to deliver. The production value give it the allure of an console game. Hell, seems that the game will have a full VA treatment! Oh, and the battle animations for the main characters looks really nice.

Jiggy

Thoughts:

-Well, that trailer is the quick way to catapult to being my fourth most wanted game just a couple days after being announced. Potential for third, even.

-So judging by voices and all that vague personality info released before, it seems we've got a wussy male protagonist and an assertive or perhaps domineering female. This is fine by me, and actually probably more than fine--I like the idea.

-The overworld and towns look close to Tales of Symphonia, to me. Great job. Battles, though, not so much. Of course, in the heat of a good battle (whether in an RPG or fighting game or anything else) I tend to not notice graphics anyway, so it might be a moot point.

-Love the music, but I hope the overall game isn't quite as serious as this one theme would suggest. I'm guessing it won't be, considering we're dealing with two 15-year-old protagonists, but eh... Serious plots tend to fall apart for me much more often than not, unless the game they're in has Baten Kaitos in the title.

Monkaii

king zell said:
http://namco-ch.net/talesofinnocence/index.php

Direct link :

mms://wmt9-od.stream.ne.jp/vod11/bngi/toi_pv.wmv

019.gif

I pity the fool who isnt hyped by this trailer

While it isnt quite as stellar as the DQIX announcement and screens, but it sure got me excited. Hopefully the battle system is as smooth to control as they made us believe in the trailer; more important than damage animations imo.

Yes! This is the best looking game on DS so far, as far as I'm concerned. Those towns look amazing, and the world map is as good as Symphonias (which did admittedly look like a PSone map :p).

This'd better get translated!

Sagitario

Looks nice!
AS is the developer, and everybody seems to like TotW... so... it has a good chance of being good :) ...

The battles effects need improvement though, maybe they could use 2D pictures/sprites [like SSBM] for the attacks' effects so they look better...

If the game isn't using the second screen, maybe it could achieve 60fps so the animation looks better...

BTW, is it confirmed that Sakuraba is not working on this? I mean, he even worked on Tales of the Tempest [without Tamura]... and that's one of the few positive things I've read about the game [if any :p ]...

Great trailer. Loved the music, the characters seem ok and the battles looked nice, but a bit bare bones. There seems to be a bit of voice there and more importantly it seems to have much more budget going into it than Tempest, all in all, very nice, Graphics look great.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Yeah, it's nice, but the character models are not that great.

Some of the best we've seen on the DS so far I'd say.

rakka

Looks good. Puts the Wii version to shame.

(it looks like a DS game whereas the ToS Wii looks like a crappy DC game)

Sharp said:
Wow, this looks really good for DS. I didn't realize it was coming out this year, though. That seems remarkably quick for a game that was just announced yesterday.
Tales games tend to get announced months before their release.

madhtr

Magicpaint said:
Tales games tend to get announced months before their release.
Yeah, I don't remember where I heard it, probably here somewhere, but Alfa Systems started working on this game around the same time as they started developing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Android18a said:
Yes! This is the best looking game on DS so far, as far as I'm concerned. Those towns look amazing, and the world map is as good as Symphonias (which did admittedly look like a PSone map :p).

This'd better get translated!

Yeah, it looks good but nowhere near as good as Dragon Quest 9...imo :)

Ichigo has a point there, the other two sounded better!

But meh, we've had crappy names since ever. Only a couple of them sound good to me. No biggie.

Kreed

Very nice trailer. The game looks a lot better than it in those screen shots from the other thread and the 3D has improved from the last 3D DS title. Now we just need a Tales of Symphonia 2 trailer.

Awesdome trailer but i also remmeber saying awesome to Tales of the Tempest and look how that turned out :lol

At least the towns and the battle system seems to be much more better in terms of presentation, graphics and overall effort.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Indeed, next one better be Vesperia though.
Well, I also wouldn't mind Valoria, but the 'ia' thing is getting old.

Tales of Strife plz! By Team Symphonia for the 360/PS3.

flipping_heck said:
At least the towns and the battle system seems to be much more better in terms of presentation, graphics and overall effort.

Yeah, Tempest never looked this good. Heck it didn't get such a neat promotional video, it was very near its release that we finally got a decent length (but showed little in the way of battle and actual gameplay, just a mish mash of some short scenes) but it was overshadowed by the Destiny remake hype. This on the other hand isn't ashamed to show up cool towns, cutscenes, character interaction, voice acting and battles, it'll undoubtedly be the superior of the two, by a fair margin I'd say.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Rezbit said:
Graphics look good. But generic 15 year old kid with big ass sword having to save the world? ZzzZZzzZzzz.

it`s a j-rpg ;-)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Android18a said:
The next one is a Sega/Namco co-production called Tales of Arcadia ;)
That would be so awesome (provided it wasn't a DS game).

I really want to see that world make a come back.

I really can't stand the main character design, silver hair, big ass sword and a girly voice. Although the Zoro like guy seemed cool.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Yeah, it's nice, but the character models are not that great.

The character models are visibly better than DQM:J, Final Fantasy 3, Chocobo Tales, and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and I'd say roughly on par with what we've seen of Final Fantasy IV so far and probably just a shade less good looking than DQ9 (largely due to art style)

I guess you could make the argument that all DS titles don't have great character models, but besides that, this is top calibre for the DS.

AniHawk

dark10x said:
That would be so awesome (provided it wasn't a DS game).

I really want to see that world make a come back.

Skies of Arcadia is never coming back. Sega had Phoenix Rie last work on Altered Beast. The PS2 has officially ruined gaming.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
AniHawk said:
Skies of Arcadia is never coming back. Sega has Phoenix Rie doing the PSP brain games supposedly. The PSP has officially ruined gaming.
That's just typical Sega, though.

Of course, do you really think they'd be doing Brain games if it weren't for the DS? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Top Bottom