• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of the Shire - Official Announcement Trailer | PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, and PC

I thought this was a Tales of game

Color me disappointed
Sorry to disappoint you, senpai.

tales-of-arise-shionne-tales-of-arise-video-game-art-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Last edited:
Good concept but man does it look rough. Like that nice art in the thumbnail compared to the in-game graphics is hilarious, they didn't even get the art style right.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Shovelware fucking trash. LOTR deserves better than shit like this and Rings of Power.
Return of the King and War in the North still the best LotR games to date. Honorable mention to LotR Online.

The Monolith games are good but ultimately RotK and WitN take the cake for me.

Lots of garbage being made for LotR these days. Tolkien must be chuckling with the other Maiar at this point.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
A Shire farming sim could be dope, but I don't trust them to put much effort into this. The worst thing they could do is just use Hobbit imagery instead of the actual personality and lore Tolkien used. I expect complex family relations, gossip and a tinge of xenophobia. Not just "these guys are small furry cute things."

Dunno why they just didnt team up with stardew valley guy to make a shire themed expansion or stand alone…

Dont need to reinvent the wheel people.

The budget clearly wasnt enough for a good looking 3d game

Last edited:

Kerotan

TLOTR: Gollum for the Elven-kings under the sky.

TLOTR: Return to Maria for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone.

Tales of the shire for Mortal Men, doomed to die.

But they were all of them deceived, for another game was made. In the land of Mordor, in the studios of Mount Doom, the Dark Developer Sauron forged in secret, a master game, to control all gamers.

And into this game he poured all his wokeness, his MTX and his will to dominate all gamers. One game to rule them all. One by one, the free gamers of Middle Earth fell to the power of the transactions...

A NEW AGE IS UPON US!

Last edited:
Those indoor scenes are rough - nothing casts shadows, nothing receives shadows, and it doesn't have any sort of global illumination. Looks fucking terrible. Needs more time in the oven.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It looks almost identical in style to the recently struggling Palia.

But it all depends on what type or game it turns out to be, if it's single player and therefore not there to try and shove "Micro"transactions down your throat, it could he intresting.

Top Bottom