• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - Release date, price, etc announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpgmonkey

I have a preorder from amiami, the Japanese version.

I'm doing the OT, I should have it posted by next weekend. They should be done revealing new info by then too.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I've avoided most of the recent videos about ToX2, rather not see any more until I get the game (probably a week to two weeks after the release due to importing and all)
Ah, I'm not the only one getting this slightly later than immediately after the release date then. I did end up paying for a slightly faster shipping speed so I hope I get it in 1-2 weeks.

Rpgmonkey said:
-The party's default costumes from Xillia 1, and palette-swapped versions of their new outfits, can be obtained in the game.
I'm guessing that if you already have the DLC for the palette swaps, it's going to be imported in with your clear file?

Aeana

I gave up on trying to save a few dollars on shipping long ago, because once a game is out, I always want it right away. That and the standard shipping options from places like P-A are wildly unpredictable; can take anywhere from 1-6+ weeks. Now I just pay the ~$15 and get it on the Friday morning of the release week.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I gave up on trying to save a few dollars on shipping long ago, because once a game is out, I always want it right away. That and the standard shipping options from places like P-A are wildly unpredictable; can take anywhere from 1-6+ weeks. Now I just pay the ~$15 and get it on the Friday morning of the release week.

Yup. That's what I'm gonna do. I thought you weren't going to get the game though...

I'm guessing that if you already have the DLC for the palette swaps, it's going to be imported in with your clear file?

Either that or Xillia 2 will just read the DLC file.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Add in the time for customs and you've got fun wait times. I got Ys Celceta earlier this week and it was the worst timing ever since I don't have time for it at all (both this week and next week).

I figured that since a ton of stuff comes out at the end of this month, I'd be busy with catching up on those so Xillia 2 could wait a bit. It'd be great if I got it early and then I could drop Assassin's Creed 3 in favour of playing it instead, but I'm not counting my chickens.

Ah, I'm not the only one getting this slightly later than immediately after the release date then. I did end up paying for a slightly faster shipping speed so I hope I get it in 1-2 weeks.
Will get mine 5 to 10 days after release date ( that's fast for me )

That's wishfull thinking ... watch them use the palette swaps as a sub-plot device..!!

Mieu

I hope this time there will be a colliseum battle ala Vesperia and Graces F. ToX1 didn't show them but it was a fun ride anyway.

Magical Teepo!!

Rpgmonkey

Think we're at about the home stretch for info now:

-As kayos said, it's confirmed that other Tales characters will make appearances in the game.

-The arena has a tag-team mode and a party mode.

-I guess the palette swap DLC from the last game can't be brought over for some reason, as both those and the characters' old outfits can be found in the game, with the reason given being that those outfits can't be carried over from the last game.

-There's palette swaps of the new outfits too, not sure if they're DLC like last time or if you find them in the game.

-It looks like they're using both Graces and Xillia 1's methods of making artes stronger. Besides the bonuses gained by "relearning" them in the growth system, artes are also improved and become more complex as you continue to use them.

kayos90

-As kayos said, it's confirmed that other Tales characters will show up.

-I guess the palette swap DLC from the last game can't be brought over for some reason, as both those and the characters' old outfits can be found in the game, with the reason given being that those outfits can't be carried over from the last game.

-There's palette swaps of the new outfits too, not sure if they're DLC like last time or if you find them in the game.

-It looks like they're using both Graces and Xillia 1's methods of making artes stronger. Besides the bonuses gained by "relearning" them in the growth system, artes are also improved and become more complex as you continue to use them.

Sounds good. Wondering what other characters will be in it. I hope Yuri is.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I hope the arena's more fun than the Xillia's.

And wow, this is starting to sound like an authentic 15th anniversary game with most of the works. Well, 16th now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
kayos90 said:
That cleaved 15th anniversary project. LOLOLOLOLOL.
It's totally the second half considering (Xillia endgame spoilers)
oh lawd, Act 4 was rushed to all hell where we couldn't explore Elenpios at all and lol that wasn't a final dungeon.

I'm sort of hoping that Rowen isn't super-broken this time around. Yesterday I ended up writing up notes with my left hand and pressing X with my right (no turbo controller v_v) to cast Splash over and over with 1-Damage+Risky Ring+Spell End+Quick Spell equipped in an effort to take advantage of the hit bonus for XP (while having the BGM volume down, thank goodness). While it's cool and stuff, it feels very cheap and unfun.

Aeana

It's totally the second half considering (Xillia endgame spoilers)
oh lawd, Act 4 was rushed to all hell where we couldn't explore Elenpios at all and lol that wasn't a final dungeon.

I'm sort of hoping that Rowen isn't super-broken this time around. Yesterday I ended up writing up notes with my left hand and pressing X with my right (no turbo controller v_v) to cast Splash over and over with 1-Damage+Risky Ring+Spell End+Quick Spell equipped in an effort to take advantage of the hit bonus for XP (while having the BGM volume down, thank goodness). While it's cool and stuff, it feels very cheap and unfun.
I dunno if that's better or worse than spamming Rita's Tidal Wave in Vesperia.

blahblahblah

Sagitario

Do you pay any extra for importing? Like custom/import taxes?

Aeana

Do you pay any extra for importing? Like custom/import taxes?

I've never had to pay extra outside of P-A's usual markup for anything from them delivered to the US via FedEx. Never had anything stuck in customs, never had to pay any customs fees.

Bladenic

Wait Rowen was broken? Had no idea. I doubt he can top Rita though. She'll forever remain the most broken and OP Mage in the series.

I need to try and stop reading info about the game considering I haven't played the first one yet. But everything so far sounds awesome, it'll be funny it this turns out to be a true anniversary project with everything cut from Xillia and more.

Sagitario

I love broken characters, and most of the time is totally optional.

I've never had to pay extra outside of P-A's usual markup for anything from them delivered to the US via FedEx. Never had anything stuck in customs, never had to pay any customs fees.
Lucky you. If I use FedEx, I have to pay 16% of the package cost on taxes (besides the expensive shipping).

At least Rutee finally gets to shine after being cut from Symphonia.
She was supposed to be a cameo in ToS?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I dunno if that's better or worse than spamming Rita's Tidal Wave in Vesperia.

blahblahblah
Difference is that he doesn't have to be in OVL to do it, so I think that's a smidge worse. He just casts and casts.

It's probably worse than Milla's (er, Xillia endgame spoilers again, I guess?)
Sylph or Undine
which you may also easily spam with Risky Ring+1 Damage+Combo Mental Supply, but you have a small chance of enemies guarding or being knocked down to end the combo (this is also true of O,O,O, Negative Holder ad nauseam). Splash has a slightly longer animation, so I feel like it's preferable to max out the hits or go for an overflow error.

She was supposed to be a cameo in ToS?

Dig enough into the files for ToS, and you can find a working Rutee model. She was probably going to be the fourth member of the cameo battle before they decided it would unfair to pit 4 vs. 3 or they changed the arena into only allowing three members for team battle.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Wait Rowen was broken? Had no idea. I doubt he can top Rita though. She'll forever remain the most broken and OP Mage in the series.
Almost everyone is broken in Xillia.

-You can easily solo the game on Unknown with Jude because of his special skill which dodges everything and he can heal himself anyway + recover TP very very fast.
-You can spam a few choice skills later in the game or do an O,O,O combo + Negative Holder with Milla earlier on for lots of hits. Or Lunatic Sting.
-Rowen is broken as hell, even moreso than Rita because he doesn't have to OVL to cast repeatedly.
-Leia can get a 100 hit combo herself with Chirisazame (sword rain). Edit: You could probably do it with a Kasshinkon Enbu spam because that's partially how I got the 100 hits while linked with Milla.
-If you pull off status attacks with Tipo Off, then you can solo play Elise on higher difficulties with an easier time. Tipo Senkou can help you out a lot. But she's more of a healer character anyway. She isn't broken, but she's capable of being a character you can solo with.

The only person I haven't thoroughly experimented with is Alvin, and I feel like he doesn't have a lot of things to exploit. You could probably turn out a 100 hit combo with him, but I feel like he would need other characters to help him out via link artes.

Bladenic

Almost everyone is broken in Xillia.

-You can easily solo the game on Unknown with Jude because of his special skill which dodges everything and he can heal himself anyway + recover TP very very fast.
-You can spam a few choice skills later in the game or do an O,O,O combo + Negative Holder with Milla earlier on for lots of hits. Or Lunatic Sting.
-Rowen is broken as hell, even moreso than Rita because he doesn't have to OVL to cast repeatedly.
-Leia can get a 100 hit combo herself with Chirisazame (sword rain).
-If you pull off status attacks with Tipo Off, then you can solo play Elise on higher difficulties with an easier time. Tipo Senkou can help you out a lot. But she's more of a healer character anyway. She isn't broken, but she's capable of being a character you can solo with.

The only person I haven't thoroughly experimented with is Alvin, and I feel like he doesn't have a lot of things to exploit. You could probably turn out a 100 hit combo with him, but I feel like he would need other characters to help him out via link artes.

Sounds awesome haha. Can't wait to play as Jude, he looks amazing to play as. I could tell he would be broken given his speed and insta healing arte.

kayos90

Sounds awesome haha. Can't wait to play as Jude, he looks amazing to play as. I could tell he would be broken given his speed and insta healing arte.

If it wasn't for the fact that you have to use Link Artes to charge your OL and use OL, Jude would probably be as broken if not more broken than Yuri.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sometimes I feel like they made the bosses hi-ougi and OVL whenever they wanted all the time because Jude can easily dodge everything.

I hope that isn't an issue in Xillia 2. It was annoying in the first game.

kayos90

Sometimes I feel like they make bosses hi-ougi and OVL all the time because Jude can easily dodge everything.

I hope that isn't an issue in Xillia 2. It was annoying in the first game.

LOL. Not true. *Dodge Hadou Meppu* You forget that there's an attack animation that hits behind after it finishes. *Gets Hit* Byaku MAJINOUKEN! *dead*

A.E Suggs

-As kayos said, it's confirmed that other Tales characters will make appearances in the game.

Sounds good, can't wait for this.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
LOL. Not true. *Dodge Hadou Meppu* You forget that there's an attack animation that hits behind after it finishes. *Gets Hit* Byaku MAJINOUKEN! *dead*
And this is why you stay away from OVL people. :p

Aha, Gaius with Risky Ring would be a rather broken combination if you could easily pull it off repeatedly without a long recovery time after every arte.

Risky Ring ruins everything.

Why would it get nerfed? I don't think I've ever seen something get nerfed or buffed in an online update from a Tales game.

Because it's another game ? Anyway i'll always comes with low expectations about something i hope to abuse later.. that's how i look forward to some things in xillia 2

Torraz

I love broken characters, and most of the time is totally optional.

Lucky you. If I use FedEx, I have to pay 16% of the package cost on taxes (besides the expensive shipping).

Here it's around 19% + an extra 15-20ish bucks for the "priviledge" of having the courier "pre-pay" the customs bill for you... In some cases this can easily add 50 to the price of a game.

Netto-kun

New scans shows brand new sport customes coupled with additional swimsuit and Tales costumes For Ludger, Gaius and Musee.

Sport costumes: Ludger (basketball), Jude (American football), Milla (tennis), Leia (football), Alvin (baseball), Elise (artistic gymnastics?), Rowen (yabusame, mounted archery), Gaius (judo), Musee (swimming)

Tales costumes:
Ludger: Ruca Milda from Innocence (R). It'll change to Asras when Ludger changes into the Corpse Shell form.
Gaius: Dymlos Timber from Destiny. Quite fitting since Ryôtarô Okiayu also voiced that character.
Musee: Shiina Fujibayashi from Symphonia.

Each costume: 300 yen ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Edit: Added some more.

New scan shows Tales costumes.

Ludger: Ruca from Innocence (R). It'll change to Asura when Ludger changes into the Corpse Shell form.
Gaius: Dymlos from Destiny. Quite fitting since Ryôtarô Okiayu also voiced that character.
Musee: Shiina from Symphonia.

Going to feel bad for Ludger for getting crappy character costumes.
Gaius looks awesome and Musee looks ok-ish?

In addition, there's also gonna be sports theme DLC outfits for all the characters as well as swimsuits for the three new ones.

From the scans:

Ludger: Basketball
Jude: American Football
Milla: Tennis
Leia: Soccer
Alvin: Baseball
Elise: Gymnastics
Rowen: Archery
Gaius: Judo
Musee: Swimming

Ludger's swimsuit looks pretty good as well. And Musee's pretty skimpy~

Shiina costume is nice, but I think a Grune costume for Musee would be a lot better.

Ludger's swimsuit looks pretty good as well. And Musee's pretty skimpy~

7y5cS.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Leia gets a footy kit? Best costume. It's going to be DLC I'm not gonna buy, isn't it? Of course, what was I thinking? This shit ain't free anymore.

Why is Ludger getting costumes from not-so-great characters?

kayos90

Leia gets a footy kit? Best costume. It's going to be DLC I'm not gonna buy, isn't it? Of course, what was I thinking? This shit ain't free anymore.

Why is Ludger getting costumes from not-so-great characters?

Well. I'm rofling. Just less now...

EDIT: more new

Game can be beaten in 50 hours for the main story and can take 100 hours for completion. So... it translates to... 30 hours of main story and 50 hours to beat everything in the game. sound about right? yeah.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Game can be beaten in 50 hours for the main story and can take 100 hours for completion. So... it translates to... 30 hours of main story and 50 hours to beat everything in the game. sound about right? yeah.
Depends on the trophy set.

Please be more creative. Please be more creative. Please be more creative. Please be more creative. Please be more creative. Please be more creative. Please be more creative.

PS: More like Graces because that is the one that I had patience for. Less like Vesperia/Innocence R's.

Rpgmonkey

35 in Famitsu. Last game got 39.

Bamco not putting up as much money I guess.

Well. I'm rofling. Just less now...

I think these are the reviewer's times though, not Baba's crazy ones, so maybe they're closer to reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom