• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - Release date, price, etc announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
From Gematsu which is from Famitsu. lol

Takes 50 hours to clear. 100 hours with side quests, etc.
High degree of freedom.
However it might not be easy to understand without playing the previous title.
In the first week, Ludger doesn’t have very many spoken lines.
It felt like earning gold might be difficult, but if you do quests and level up you can earn it.
The flexibility of battles has increased.
Personally, I liked that paying back debt was relevant in the scenarios, but some people may not care.
The previous title is summarized by the digest movies, but I want to play it in advance.
I was able to drop in without progressing the story, even if the conditions to do so were met.
There are a lot of random choices.
The battle style introduction is the most refreshing so far.
I felt that many of the choices you make are reflected in the story.
In the early stages, I was concerned it was a bit monotonous, but the scenarios and characters were charming.
Since the character’s were drawn with so much care, it’s easy to become attached to them.
I felt that a limit of 5 quests at a time was too small.
I think it’d be easy for an inexperienced player to pick up, but they might be perplexed in the early stages.
There is a lot of room to fight in battles.
The option to make a choice appears everywhere, which raises the degree of empathy for the characters.
The contents fulfill the expectations of fans.
Players who haven’t experienced the previous title can enjoy it, but they’d enjoy it even more if they played it.

This doesn't sound like a 35/40 title....

Bladenic

Higher or lower? Lol I can't tell. But yeah who cares about Famitsu scores lol

Ludger's whole few lines deal remains very perplexing, and 5 quest limit? How silly and strange.

A.E Suggs

Going to feel bad for Ludger for getting crappy character costumes.
Gaius looks awesome and Musee looks ok-ish?

In addition, there's also gonna be sports theme DLC outfits for all the characters as well as swimsuits for the three new ones.

From the scans:

Ludger: Basketball
Jude: American Football
Milla: Tennis
Leia: Soccer
Alvin: Baseball
Elise: Gymnastics
Rowen: Archery
Gaius: Judo
Musee: Swimming

Ludger's swimsuit looks pretty good as well. And Musee's pretty skimpy~

I'm for sure getting all the sports costumes in this game. Love the Jude,Leia,Alvin,Milla and Musee the most. Musee hasn't gotten any bad costumes yet and Ludger just continues to get meh costumes for cameos smh.

I wonder if we will ever again see a Tales game with in game costumes.... Sigh

Tales of innocense for vita had a nice number of in game costumes and this game according to famitsu is supposed to have some in game as well. I just hope the ones you can earn aren't just the color swaps.

I'm for sure getting all the sports costumes in this game. Love the Jude,Leia,Alvin,Milla and Musee the most. Musee hasn't gotten any bad costumes yet and Ludger just continues to get meh costumes for cameos smh.
This is funny ludger get 2 costumes from the most winny characters of the entire tales saga ( ruca & emil )

is this a sign ?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Famitsu's commentary means nothing, kayos. You know that. Edit: nvm, totally misread.

These, in particular show the kind of waffling that famitsu can do.
There are a lot of random choices.
I felt that many of the choices you make are reflected in the story.
Since the character’s were drawn with so much care, it’s easy to become attached to them.
The contents fulfill the expectations of fans.
k. They aren't a review magazine. They're a Sears Wishbook (um... does the US still get these? because we still do) which comes with codes and nonsense.

i also know that ...
both are basicly the same character ( with some light personality changes )
I suppose the reason why this thing had a ? symbol for so long indicated that they were waiting to reveal that particular character.

kayos90

Famitsu's commentary means nothing, kayos. You know that. Edit: nvm, totally misread.

These, in particular show the kind of waffling that famitsu can do.

k. They aren't a review magazine. They're a Sears Wishbook (um... does the US still get these? because we still do) which comes with codes and nonsense.

I suppose the reason why this thing had a ? symbol for so long indicated that they were waiting to reveal that particular character.

That outfit is pretty sick. Awesome.

Rpgmonkey

The tracklist to the soundtrack is out, one could get some confirmations and I guess also some spoilers from it if one reads between the lines.

The last few tracks seem to suggest what kinds of content will be in the game.

Unless it's some kind metaphor, two of the songs confirm that there's a Spa town/event in the game, something the last game was missing. That probably also adds one more in-game costume set.

Those two are the only really obvious ones though. The very last song suggests that Sakuraba did another one of those cameo battle remix tracks, as the title is about people who've crossed dimensions, but there's other possibilities there I guess.

kayos90

So... what're the chances that there's going to be a third Xillia title and it's going to be called Ludger Returns: Tales of Xillia.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wouldn't mind that one because I actually like Milla.

And I really like silent protagonists when they're handled extremely well (ex: excellent character animations/expressions, good interaction with others, etc). There aren't a lot of games that do that, though. Mother does it well, Suikoden does it well, Skyward Sword/The Wind Waker did it well, etc.

Did we learn who Ludger's seiyuu was?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How did I keep missing that? -_-

The only thing I know him from is probably Record of Agarest War. *shrug* I still think it's a little disappointing that they aren't letting you toggle the voice on/off.

kayos90

I hope Ludger dies in this game. But most importantly Jude MUST die. If he doesn't I don't know what I'll do.

And I really like silent protagonists when they're handled extremely well (ex: excellent character animations/expressions, good interaction with others, etc). There aren't a lot of games that do that, though. Mother does it well, Suikoden does it well, Skyward Sword/The Wind Waker did it well, etc.

I completely agree. Another good example would be those games on the Sega Genesis with the name Sonic the Hedgehog. :p

Aexact

Well, they're more entertaining to watch then blank slates. But with that level of animation, it just feels really weird. Like the characters are already talking and everyone in the game can hear them, but the player can't. They have personalities and (mute) voices so they're already not player avatars, so what difference is it if they have a voice too?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But they aren't directly talking a lot of the time, and a lot of how they're feeling and what they're expressing is translated into their body language. Body language generally goes a long way in terms of communication for me, I guess. *shrug* I feel like people communicate more via body language and facial expressions than they ever could via direct speech. I have a personal reason for feeling that way though.

Obviously not everyone's going to feel the same. Sometimes I outright prefer silent protagonists and others I like it if they speak. It just depends on how they're handled in the narrative, and how good the casting of the spoken voice is.

Spirit Icana said:
I completely agree. Another good example would be those games on the Sega Genesis with the name Sonic the Hedgehog. :p
Hahaha. Mostly Sonic 3&K narrative-wise. Otherwise...

In Sonic CD he verbalizes that he's annoyed.

Edit: I just saw Ludger's original design and I like it soooo much better
because he has glasses ヾ(´・∀・)ノ
why didn't they stick with that aaaaaahhhh

Milla's got a Sharapova thing going on. I approve (not six goddamn dollar approve, but approve).

But they aren't directly talking a lot of the time, and a lot of how they're feeling and what they're expressing is translated into their body language. Body language generally goes a long way in terms of communication for me, I guess. *shrug* I feel like people communicate more via body language and facial expressions than they ever could via direct speech. I have a personal reason for feeling that way though.

Obviously not everyone's going to feel the same. Sometimes I outright prefer silent protagonists and others I like it if they speak. It just depends on how they're handled in the narrative, and how good the casting of the spoken voice is.

Hahaha. Mostly Sonic 3&K narrative-wise. Otherwise...

In Sonic CD he verbalizes that he's annoyed.

That's why the P4 MC was so good at that type, lots of body language and nuance via the "train of thought" color commentary text.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I know :( Maybe there will be an accessory or some type of costume DLC for it.

I like the glasses, but I prefer the outfit they went with in his final design.

I wish they would of just switched Ludger and Julius's roles though.

Sagitario

Dammit! I kinda want to purchase some of those costumes, even though I said I wouldn't do it.

Grune costume, missed opportunity indeed. Sheena doesn't fit her.

Gunloc said:
Gaius' swimsuit is pretty hot, except for that damn tattoo. (Wish he had gotten some speedos though.)

We will always have Malik...
iFeBHrn62EMc8.gif

Torraz

Dammit! I kinda want to purchase some of those costumes, even though I said I wouldn't do it.

Grune costume, missed opportunity indeed. Sheena doesn't fit her.

We will always have Malik...
iFeBHrn62EMc8.gif

Now they've gone too far! In-game advertising, and for a shitty product like the shakeweight? :p

Datschge

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm pretty curious about those, particularly the writing, background design, and battle bits. Very curious about the battle design if it comes from the NDX dude.

Thanks for the stuff, Datschge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom