• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - Release date, price, etc announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearer details on that debt system:

• Because of some debt, Ludger owes around 20 million Gald.
  • Through his GHS, they keep track of where Ludger is, and to prevent him from running off they limit the places he can go.
  • As Ludger pays this debt back, they'll increase the range of places he can go to freely.
  • The debt has a fixed amount each time that has to be paid. When the money in your possession exceeds the currently asked amount, you'll get a request for the money. If you're ignoring it, they may try to take it by force.
  • You pay back the debt to Nova, Ludger's former classmate who now works at the bank. To help you out, she'll give you quests where you can earn money.
  • In addition to the money (and probably other rewards) earned from quests, you also get Merit Points, which are used to acquire titles. As you get higher ranking titles, you gain access to more difficult quests.

It kinda seems like you can ignore the debt if you want to, but you'll get some resistance if you try to blow it off and do whatever you want.
This sounds intresting to say the least.
I can get behind this kind of system i think

Rpgmonkey

The ports, lol.

And unless they're randomly reusing music, that's the Ru Londo port, so maybe we are going to be jumping between both worlds.

Rpgmonkey

Some new info: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201208/01018886.html

They intend to make a demo for the game (I think in locations across Japan, not on PSN), and they're asking fans to pick which demo they'd like to play out of two choices. The first demo is a dungeon in the game, a food-production factory. The other demo is a town and field area, where you can try out various aspects of the game systems, like quests.

It also looks like they're bringing back the Giganto Monsters, as they mention you may be able to fight one while on the field in the second demo.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Some new info: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201208/01018886.html

They intend to make a demo for the game (I think in locations across Japan, not on PSN), and they're asking fans to pick which demo they'd like to play out of two choices. The first demo is a dungeon in the game, a food-production factory. The other demo is a town and field area, where you can try out various aspects of the game systems, like quests.

It also looks like they're bringing back the Giganto Monsters, as they mention you may be able to fight one while on the field in the second demo.

There Gigantos in the first one too so this isn't anything new I guess...

So did we ever find out if Ludger actually talks or is a silent protagonist? All the footage everyone seems to talk around him with him just looking around.

Aeana

So did we ever find out if Ludger actually talks or is a silent protagonist? All the footage everyone seems to talk around him with him just looking around.
Characters are way too important in Tales for a mothership title to have a silent protagonist. Don't worry about it.

Characters are way too important in Tales for a mothership title to have a silent protagonist. Don't worry about it.

That was my mind set when the speculation first popped up, but I don't understand why NB is trying so hard to keep Ludger's voice hidden. How many Japanese seiyu are that big that they'd keep the voice secret for this long?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
BanNam with their insane pricing as usual...

My guess is most retailers will have it for around 7k. Places like Amazon 6.5k

That was my mind set when the speculation first popped up, but I don't understand why NB is trying so hard to keep Ludger's voice hidden. How many Japanese seiyu are that big that they'd keep the voice secret for this long?

they still need a voice for screaming artes & skills ..

BUt you're right it's odd that they kept this information away

LuuKyK

Not sure if these were posted already. But they look sooo good!

BhuOb.jpg
Hz4Sp.jpg

LIXdL.jpg
67ra8.jpg

Edit: They were on the link Rpgmonkey posted actually.

Shouta

I finally got saw Alvin and Leia and wow, I like their new designs, could go without the little flairs on Leia's costume but Alvin is pretty awesome.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Man, I want some artes/gameplay videos of this now. Too bad that demo they're talking about isn't going to be on PSN.

Ugh, they teased us so badly with that first trailer. :/

Netto-kun

(From V Jump, I guess?).

Elise, Tipo and Rowen are returning, and a new character named ビズリー・カルシ・バクー(leaving the romanization to someone else since I am terribad with that), voiced by Tsutomu Isobe. He is CEO of Clanspia Corporation.

Edit: I like Rowen's new design.

Rpgmonkey

I like the designs. The very small number of playable new characters so far is a little disappointing though.

Hopefully they're adding or changing enough things with the skills, game mechanics, and movelists that the old characters will at least feel pretty new and different. But I don't think most of the characters got the level of depth and polish they needed in the first game anyway, so some changes and additions may go a long way.

kayos90

(From V Jump, I guess?).

Elise, Tipo and Rowen are returning, and a new character named ビズリー・カルシ・バクー(leaving the romanization to someone else since I am terribad with that), voiced by Tsutomu Isobe. He is CEO of Clanspia Corporation.

Edit: I like Rowen's new design.

Just saw Rowen. What a badasssssss. Elise looks like crap.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't think Rowen looks that bad, but perhaps a better visual would be more enlightening.

Not sure what to make out of Elise's new design, though it's certainly much different. Glad Tipo's returning though.

I really like Rowan's new look. It's better than his original IMO. Elise I'm not sure about. I think I'll know how I feel when I have more insight on her character arc from the first game.

The new character looks cool too, though he's probably evil. Julius better be playable.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The CEO guy's name is Beasley Kalush Baku. He kinda looks bad-ass.

For some reason, the guys here look kinda badass (namely Julius, Rowen, and Beasley).

StuBurns

Banned
Those screens look great, I hope we see it outside of Japan. The one shot looks a lot like the center of Galbadia Garden.

kayos90

Oh my gosh, they're adding a temporal element to the story. Oh no... Oh no.... Are you freaking kidding me.... WTF?!!!!!!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Because Time Travel is in style lately, remember? But listen to this:

As battle progresses, a gauge will fill up. Press L3 and R3 when the gauge as filled, and Ludger will transform and pull all enemies into a separate dimension. While Ludger is on his own in this dimension, there's no concept of HP, TP and AC.
Why hello there. This is like casting X-Zone and pulling yourself into there too, and doing a bunch of cool shit.

At least... it sounds cool to me... >.>

kayos90

Because Time Travel is in style lately, remember? But listen to this:

Why hello there. This is like casting X-Zone and pulling yourself into there too, and doing a bunch of cool shit.

No... this doesn't sound cool to me at all. I just... I get that they want to do cool stuff but... I can only see things going totally wrong right now. Perhaps when the game comes out, I play, review it, and I might feel differently but... Oh man.... T_T Why.... This is another XIII-2 situation waiting to happen.

ED Cantu

I agree, it sounds cool now I want to see it in action.
Until now the battle system didn't seem too interesting for me (from what we've seen so far) but this may change that.

2San

So why aren't "tales of" games coming on the 360? Is it simply not worth it? While I'm no major fan, I do think they're worth it for around 20 euro.

kayos90

So why aren't "tales of" games coming on the 360? Is it simply not worth it? While I'm no major fan, I do think they're worth it for around 20 euro.

Because the audience isn't there. All the Tales consumers are essentially on the PS3 and sales have proven it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
No... this doesn't sound cool to me at all. I just... I get that they want to do cool stuff but... I can only see things going totally wrong right now. Perhaps when the game comes out, I play, review it, and I might feel differently but... Oh man.... T_T Why.... This is another XIII-2 situation waiting to happen.
I can see this being somewhat logical in that
there's a form of Elenpios that's lush and green in another timeline or something
. Tales has done alternate worlds and stuff before, so I don't see them screwing this up in a colossal fashion at the moment. They just probably wouldn't develop it a ton.

Well, I guess now the title logo makes sense.

I agree, it sounds cool now I want to see it in action.
Until now the battle system didn't seem too interesting for me (from what we've seen so far) but this may change that.
I want to see a HP/TP/AC-less version of that battle footage in the announcement trailer. I just want to see some combat footage from the new characters and returning characters now.

kayos90

I want to see a HP/TP/AC-less version of that battle footage in the announcement trailer. I just want to see some combat footage from the new characters and returning characters now.

They're getting ready to make DMC. I'm telling you.

Was hoping the 360 audience was at least big enough to warrant a port.
Well they first tried 360 and then wii .. it doesn't work ..don't expect a chance anytime soon.
I can see this being somewhat logical in that
there's a form of Elenpios that's lush and green in another timeline or something
. Tales has done alternate worlds and stuff before, so I don't see them screwing this up in a colossal fashion at the moment. They just probably wouldn't develop it a ton.

Well, I guess now the title logo makes sense.

The quote during teasers also make sense now.
I agree on everything you said more or less .. but i'm still instreted on how they will put rules to prevent the character from doing too much . but as of now going crazy for a limited time sound alright ...

thanks for the info provided

Rpgmonkey

I think it sounds pretty cool. It almost feels like they're combining Eleth Rise and Accel Mode into one thing. I thought Xillia 1 had a pretty bland battle system, so I like these new ideas and enhancements so far. With all of your limitations removed I'm really curious to see how fluid and fast it's going to be when you're in that state.

And more details:

-Elise is visiting Elympios on a peace mission. She brought Tipo along with her (still in a doll state), and upon meeting Ludger Tipo comes back to life. She's trying to join the current fad in Elympios, which is to make friends you communicate with via messages on your GHS.

-Rowen is the Prime Minister of Rieze Maxia, working on peace negotiations between it and Elympios, though some people oppose this plan.

-In this alternate history world characters that are dead on the "normal" timeline may still be alive. They show an example of this with Wingull.

I'm very, very glad Elise didn't intentionally revive Tipo.

I'm very, very glad Elise didn't intentionally revive Tipo.

So true , putting tipo in the box and moving on was a nice closure for her ..and i can't help but think that travelling with tipo is the least worst escuse they could get to continue with her ..

So she moved on but she still can't let the doll go ? Seems fishy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom