• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tamales Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
captmcblack said:
Tamales are great. I'm sorry whatever crap you're getting from coworkers sucks, though.

Fuck dude, whether it's juices or foods or cities or pizza or clothes (still AMAZED that people can argue against suits at formal occasions at WEDDINGS), GAF is wrong about virtually everything all the time.

WrongGAF should be used as the tag for all threads along those lines.

I like this idea, kind of like ManGaf.

(mostly because I have also seen a couple threads where people were angry that someone would wear a suit)

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Ulairi said:
Can you be more white? Why ruin perfectly good pizza with ranch dress. Bleck.
You are wrong. Pizza and ranch is a superior combination

SUPREME1

Banned
I feel bad for you for not having ever tasted a good tamale. :D

Seriously though, there are some fucking delicious ones out there and some really horrible ones. I've come to realize that most are simply meh and that you have to go through a ton of shitty ones before finding that one good one.

:D

joelseph

methos75 said:
I live in Colorado which is like Mexican central and I have never seen Tamales served at X-Mas, Chili on the other hand

I am sorry but Colorado is not Mexican central. If you lived anywhere with a large Mexican population you would see tamales being sold on the street each and every day along with elote and mango w/ chili.

Ulairi

Banned
ImperialConquest said:
I feel bad for you for not having ever tasted a good tamale. :D

Seriously though, there are some fucking delicious ones out there and some really horrible ones. I've come to realize that most are simply meh and that you have to go through a ton of shitty ones before finding that one good one.

:D

The tamales could be great for all we know. Let's not blame some perfectly good tamales for human imperfection. It's like my mother-in-law made me some amazing traditional chinese food for my works Christmas party and a lot of the people were weirded out by it because the chicken had bones and it wasn't deep fried and covered in a corn syrup sauce.

Alucrid

Banned
captmcblack said:
Tamales are great. I'm sorry whatever crap you're getting from coworkers sucks, though.

Fuck dude, whether it's juices or foods or cities or pizza or clothes (still AMAZED that people can argue against suits at formal occasions at WEDDINGS), GAF is wrong about virtually everything all the time.

WrongGAF should be used as the tag for all threads along those lines.

What? There was a big suit defense force in that thread dude.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Green Sauce Oaxaca style (banana leaf) chicken tamales is where is at. Corn leaf-style are better served inside a bolillo, for a guajolota. Mmm...

*reads thread title*

ng4ifk_th.gif

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
KingOfKong said:
At least this is what my hispanic co-workers tell me.
They are more common at February 2. The winners of the little kids dolls inside the Rosca de Reyes (January 5) have to invite. :p

Alucrid said:
What? There was a big suit defense force in that thread dude.

Of course there was - I was part of it, like any sane and rational man.
But there were people that actually defended and agreed with not wearing a suit. One person even argued that suits were "played out" and "old-fashioned".

People on GAF will defend and do the most perfectly incorrect things. Some people would defend Hitler via technicalities. :lol

WRONGGAF IS WRONG

methos75 said:
I live in Colorado which is like Mexican central and I have never seen Tamales served at X-Mas, Chili on the other hand

Colorado is like Mexican central? When did Colorado become a synonym for Mexico City? Or even in the sense of the US, a border state?

Anyways, shit yeah I love me some tamales at Christmas, OP is a damn moron. Our favorite Mexican place down the street makes the best fucking tamales ever.

captmcblack said:
Of course there was - I was part of it, like any sane and rational man.
But there were people that actually defended and agreed with not wearing a suit. One person even argued that suits were "played out" and "old-fashioned".

People on GAF will defend and do the most perfectly incorrect things. Some people would defend Hitler via technicalities. :lol

WRONGGAF IS WRONG

High five, my suit wearing brother!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Regulus Tera said:
I'm eating tamales rojos right now.

DEAL WITH IT.
I don't like rojos. Mole is too bitter for me. The slight acid taste of green sauce is much better. That being said, Mango tamales do sound awfull, along with those crazy Central American combination of fish and cheese tamales. Green sauce filled with chicken or Pork are the only real tamales.

Jobiensis

thomaser said:
I don't even know what tamales is. Is it like a burrito? Why is it eaten at Christmas? Yes I saw the picture but still don't understand, and don't want to look it up.

No they aren't like burritos, burritos are delicious. Imagine eating a corn turd with some meat in the center, that is a tamale.

It is a Christmas tradition to force tamales on all your friends and co-workers.

methos75

Banned
joelseph said:
I am sorry but Colorado is not Mexican central. If you lived anywhere with a large Mexican population you would see tamales being sold on the street each and every day along with elote and mango w/ chili.

LOL where I live its like almost all Mexicans, seriously, guess you never been to Colorado. And yes there are roadside stands everywhere here, but nobody brings them to work like others here are having done where they are.

Jobiensis

methos75 said:
but nobody brings them to work like others here are having done where they are.

Personally, from what I've seen this is what happens.

1) Have a big party, they make tamales while drinking and being merry.
2) Everybody gets drunk, much fun and happiness follows, while they make even more tamales.
3) Everyone passes out.
4) They wake up the next morning hung over with about 5 tons of tamales.
5) The tamales don't taste as good as they did last night when they were blitzed.
6) Bring tamales into work and force them on friends and co-workers so you don't have to eat them.

Regulus Tera said:
Y eso que a mí me dicen el malinchista en el tema del fútbol. :mad:
I don't speak any spanish at all....lol....though I did recognize the word 'futbol'.

Am a fan of soccer/football though.

joelseph

methos75 said:
LOL where I live its like almost all Mexicans, seriously, guess you never been to Colorado. And yes there are roadside stands everywhere here, but nobody brings them to work like others here are having done where they are.

Been to Colorado many a time friend, it is not "Mexican central". Come to my beautiful city of Chicago when you want to experience Mexican cuisine. =)

rc213

Sounds like your co-workers don't like you very much and are giving you junk.

Tamales are a tradition because they fucking rock!

methos75

Banned
joelseph said:
Been to Colorado many a time friend, it is not "Mexican central". Come to my beautiful city of Chicago when you want to experience Mexican cuisine. =)

My town according to the census is 67% Hispanic

SaintZ

EraldoCoil said:
I despise tamales, and mexican food in general......i'm mexican too.
Oh mi dios! Muy mal.

I want some tamales now. Tamales de Rajas *drools* I don't eat them often enough :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
EraldoCoil said:
I don't speak any spanish at all....lol....though I did recognize the word 'futbol'.

Am a fan of soccer/football though.

You are Mexican but don't speak Spanish?

There's nothing wrong with that, but it surprises me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Corn husk wrapped tamales = bad.

Banana leaf wrapped tamales = good.

Costa Rican or Peruvian style with with Salsa Lisano.... So good.

What the hell? A guy from Chicago and a guy from Colorado arguing which is "Mexican central"?

That argument is reserved for California and Texas, friends. Arizona and New Mexico can't because they're too small to count.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ConfusingJazz said:
What the hell? A guy from Chicago and a guy from Colorado arguing which is "Mexican central"?

That argument is reserved for California and Texas, friends. Arizona and New Mexico can't because they're too small to count.

The Mexican central is Mexico.

Regulus Tera said:

My parents speak both spanish and english.

My grandparents only spoke spanish, so I never really talked to them. I just never bothered to learn.

But I do agree with op, everytime I say I don't like tamales it's always the same Fucking response, " you haven't tried (insert some relative)'s tamales! They are the best!"

I hate that shit.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
ConfusingJazz said:

Hard to get real Mexican even here in Texas. Its mostly gross Tex-Mex crap which is the same sludge thrown together almost everywhere.

SaintZ

Regulus Tera said:
Tamales de elote and Tamales de fresa are the best dessert EVER.
Fresa? First time I hear about those (and I'm not sure I would like them). Tamales de coco y piña FTW.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
EraldoCoil said:
My parents speak both spanish and english.

My grandparents only spoke spanish, so I never really talked to them. I just never bothered to learn.

But I do agree with op, everytime I say I don't like tamales it's always the same Fucking response, " you haven't tried (insert some relative)'s tamales! They are the best!"

I hate that shit.

Where are you from? I think we have a different definition of Mexican.

methos75

Banned
ConfusingJazz said:

Colorado and Texas are equal according to the latest census in the number of Illegal Mexicans they have so........

kIdMuScLe

wtf? tamales are an xmas tradition? my family make this shit every couple of months. fuck sugar tamales!!! pork tamales are the best!!!

methos75

Banned
Regulus Tera said:

I am technically Hispanic but cannot speak Spanish either, but I am fourth Generation so its too be expected I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom