• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target 10/30-11/5: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Video Games (board games also)

KingV

Best Buy with the Gamers Club comes out to about $20 more expensive for the three games. I'm tempted to partake in this sale, the only thing that gives me pause is that I get points from Best Buy when I buy from there.

It really depends on the games. If you're going for bf1, tf2, and cod, all three of those are also $10 certificate preorders at Best Buy and you'd be ahead by getting them there.

Persona7

Banned
Last year they removed about half the Nintendo stock from the shelves at my two local stores and then when the sale was over they put it back. I only noticed because I was checking the Nintendo section for amiibos a lot.

Persona7

Banned
So I can get 2 cheapo trash games and get one good new release? Sounds good to me.

The cheapest game is free. You can't buy buy two 19.99 games and then get a 59.99 game for free. The system will automatically make one of the 19.99 games free.

Why do people always think this is how it works.

It really depends on the games. If you're going for bf1, tf2, and cod, all three of those are also $10 certificate preorders at Best Buy and you'd be ahead by getting them there.
Target Red card offsets that plus you get the discount immediately.

Dragun619

I might jump in this to grab World of Final Fantasy.

Any good combo suggestions? Thinking Dragon Quest builders or maybe Star Ocean but im not sure if either are available at target.

last year they removed like half the Nintendo stock from the shelves at my two local stores and then when the sale was over they put it back. fucking stupid

I honestly think that they may have done that at mine as well. They had tons of games the day before the sale and I was there at opening on Sunday and couldn't find most of the stuff I wanted.

Their loss, literally, since I just ordered them all online using coupons/gift registry discounts I found in the thread about the deal at Cheapassgamer. I ended up getting everything I wanted and Target made less money off of me.

Persona7

Banned
I honestly think that they may have done that at mine as well. They had tons of games the day before the sale and I was there at opening on Sunday and couldn't find most of the stuff I wanted.

Their loss, literally, since I just ordered them all online using coupons/gift registry discounts I found in the thread about the deal at Cheapassgamer. I ended up getting everything I wanted and Target made less money off of me.

Certain publishers probably don't want to participate. The same exact thing happened to me. The night before the sale I checked out what I wanted to get the next morning and I woke up and got there super early and was the only one there and like half my list suddenly disappeared overnight.

joebruin

would be nice for some vr games. how does the pro-rating work again?

so if i bought three psvr games for $20/ea and returned the third one...what would be final tally per game be? or i guess i could try and sell the third one. too

Dranakin

Don't forget that GCU no longer stacks with BF prices, so this may be a better deal in some cases (though obviously, we don't know what BF listings are yet).

would be nice for some vr games. how does the pro-rating work again?

so if i bought three psvr games for $20/ea and returned the third one...what would be final tally per game be? or i guess i could try and sell the third one. too
$13.33 per game or $12.66 with a red card. If you return one, your total would be $26.66 or $25.32 for the two remaining games.

KingV

Target Red card offsets that plus you get the discount immediately.

3 games with target red card = $114 or $38 apiece

That's the same as buying a game at Best Buy with the reward certificate (assuming you value reward certificates as "money"). If you have a Best Buy credit card that also gives you 5% back in rewards points for Best Buy purchases + you get an additional 2% back in rewards points from my Best Buy and the gcu bonus (and double that if you are elite) and you get the game on release day.

Which is a better deal is going to depend on how you value those rewards points and getting games on release day. I preorder and tradein to Best Buy frequently using gcu, and it can be a very good deal when you get on a roll with it.

I'll wait for Black Friday. The only new release I'm interested paying any where near full price for is Battlefield 1 and it will be $40 by then.

Damn, figured there would be more.

Guess ill grab driveclub, rigs, and battlezone.

Don't do that combo. Make sure you buy three games of the same price and then return what you don't want. Otherwise, you're wasting the discount. In that scenario, you'd only save $40 which means you're only saving 26% instead of 33%

I think there are more.

There's not much more, especially at Target. There's probably Tomb Raider and that's about it. Physical releases are pretty slim for VR.

I'll wait for Black Friday. The only new release I'm interested paying any where near full price for is Battlefield 1 and it will be $40 by then.

No reason to wait. Buy during the sale to lock in the price and then buy during Black Friday to return whatever ends up being cheaper. Black Friday is November 25th, so as long as you buy sometime after October 27th, you'll be able to return it on Saturday, the 26th. Heck, most sales come out at least a week a head of Black Friday, you'll be able to return before then if needed.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Don't do that combo. Make sure you buy three games of the same price and then return what you don't want. Otherwise, you're wasting the discount. In that scenario, you'd only save $40 which means you're only saving 26% instead of 33%
I see. Well i already have vr worlds, until dawn and batman.

Maybe i'll grab cod:iw or bf1. Should look nice on the pro.

Got in a mail a 5 dollar coupon when you spend 10 bucks, doesnt offer any exclusions..the games that I want to get are Paper Mario Color Splash, Battlefield 1, and Gears of War 4

Minions

Unfortunately the 3 games I want come out later in November and December. Oh well. Guess I'll sit this one out. (FF15, TLG, DR4)

Top Bottom