• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target: BOGO 50% off all PS, Xbox, PC software 3/29-4/4. PS4/TLOU with $50 Gift Card

Did a search didn't see anything.

http://www.freestufffinder.com/ads/target-ad-preview-329-44/#more-5295
Scroll down to the video game section.

So screw that Amazon Bloodborne bundle. Buy the PS4/TLOU bundle for base $400 and get the $50 GC and buy Bloodborne with that. Save money.

With the 50% off BOGO you can buy FFType 0 or Hardline or whatever else. You'll be getting Bloodborne or whatever 2 games for ~$90. But $50 of that is from the Gift Card...so you are getting TLOU, and 2 games of your choice(when you use the gift card) for essentially $440+tax...around the same price amazon is charging for their Bloodborne bundle with TLOU.

Uh...very strange no one is posting in this thread. Maybe people don't know the acronym BOGO(Buy one get one...50% off) and thus bypass the thread. Well, don't say you weren't warned before purchasing elsewhere.

dedhead54

I will use this to buy Bloodborne and something else. Maybe Hardline because my friends got it and I certainly don't want to pay full retail for it.

Thanks!

It's a good deal, but it's only slightly better than the every day price at Best Buy if you're a GCU member ($48/game), which I think a lot of GAFers have started to take advantage of lately.

That having been said...if you're not a GCU member at Best Buy, get on this!

Muzy72

Banned
It's a good deal, but it's only slightly better than the every day price at Best Buy if you're a GCU member ($48/game), which I think a lot of GAFers have started to take advantage of lately.

Yeah, I'd only be saving $6 with this deal.

Hopefully Best Buy does a BOGO 50% off! Need Bloodborne and Type-0!!

Too bad this wasn't at BB. You could probably stack it with GCU.

GCU usually doesn't stack from various anecdotes I've read. Never personally tried. BB also doesn't match "bundle" deals like BOGO, get a gift card, etc. Anything you get to work would be YMMV and a friendly manager.

Ape

Banned
Lol they will pay YOU to take tlou off their hands. That's going to hurt the resale value even more no doubt.

AwShucks

Yeah, I have (well my wife does) a Red Card so I could manage to save a few bucks if I went with Target. Something like $4 if I get Bloodborne and Alien Isolation.

But w/ GCU you get double points which on those two games is almost the equivalent of those $4 in savings.

Lol they will pay YOU to take tlou off their hands. That's going to hurt the resale value even more no doubt.

Huh? The digital download is bundled with every PS4 and they're giving a $50 gift card on a PS4 essentially, something they do with consoles all the time.

Sucks that Nintendo games are NOT included in this would have liked to get Code Name STEAM..want to get Borderlands Handsome Collection for the X1, already have Bloodborne coming, so there really isn't anything else I want right now

TomShoe

Banned
Interesting. Depends on what they have on sale, because this isn't much better than what I usually get with GCU. I'm getting more tempted to buy Unity when it hits $20 at BB next week.

GCU usually doesn't stack from various anecdotes I've read. Never personally tried. BB also doesn't match "bundle" deals like BOGO, get a gift card, etc. Anything you get to work would be YMMV and a friendly manager.

Price matches on deals from other stores don't stack with GCU. Any deal that BB offers in-house does, however.

So is Target the kind of store that will let you use the gift card retroactively on the ps4?

I've bought certain things at Target to get gift cards and I shop there frequently enough I've run into many of the same cashiers up front. One guy always takes off the GC (that I just received) value from whatever I'm buying at that moment. So, it's probably not forbidden or else the guy would be fired. All the other cashiers usually just give me the gift card. How they do gift cards in electronics...I dunno. Wouldn't hurt to ask before you purchase if that's a deal breaker.

Jamix012

GCU almost always stacks. It only happened once when I tried to apply a student-specific deal and it doesn't work with price matching either.

Hindl

Damn if only Nintendo products were involved, I'd get Bloodborne and Kirby Rainbow Curse. But guess I'll sit this one out

Toki767

It also might be worth pointing out that Target will usually price match cheaper games elsewhere on top of deals like this.

I feel like the universe is telling me to get a PS4. Bloodborne gets released and Gamestop is offering $175 for PS3s. I consider it and then start thinking I want to keep my PS3 and give it to my kids since I will be getting the free PS plus games anyway. Now I see this deal plus I'm coming into about $400 I wasn't really counting on.

Geneijin

It also might be worth pointing out that Target will usually price match cheaper games elsewhere on top of deals like this.
Always YMMV. It's not absolute. Their registers may still allow, but they're not suppose to allow double dipping.

I've bought certain things at Target to get gift cards and I shop there frequently enough I've run into many of the same cashiers up front. One guy always takes off the GC (that I just received) value from whatever I'm buying at that moment. So, it's probably not forbidden or else the guy would be fired. All the other cashiers usually just give me the gift card. How they do gift cards in electronics...I dunno. Wouldn't hurt to ask before you purchase if that's a deal breaker.

Is it a physical gift card or one of those goofy e-gift cards they do sometimes.

I know someone who wants to buy Bloodborne, and he'll buy the Arkham Knight statue edition ($100 normally) for $50 if I pay him $60, which I'm willing to do...

but it'd be a preorder and I don't even see any of the AK limited editions on Target's site. Anybody know if this counts towards preorders and/or if Target even does limited editions?

I feel like the universe is telling me to get a PS4. Bloodborne gets released and Gamestop is offering $175 for PS3s. I consider it and then start thinking I want to keep my PS3 and give it to my kids since I will be getting the free PS plus games anyway. Now I see this deal plus I'm coming into about $400 I wasn't really counting on.

You mean Sony's pushing retailers to push you to buy a PS4 to coincide with Bloodborne's release, right? ;)

Is it a physical gift card or one of those goofy e-gift cards they do sometimes.

Physical. I usually get one when I buy a certain amount of food or other items they have going with some promotion of something I usually buy. Buy 10 frozen meals get a $5 gift card. One guy at my Target always takes it off right then and there and doesn't even hand me the gift card. Others have given me the gift card that I use the next time I come. If you ask them to take if off then and there they might agree...worth a shot.

Dragun619

Yea, saw it on CAG a while back. Glad I took a quick look before I went out to go and grab both Borderlands: Handsome Collection & Bloodborne.

$90 for 2 new games is pretty good.

I posted this question on CAG but havent gotten a response yet so figured I would ask it here..

I want to purchase Borderlands The Handsome Collection for the XBOX ONE..Also at Best Buy on Sunday Battlefield Hardline will be 39.99..can I get Battlefield Hardline price matched at Target PLUS get the additional 50 percent off the game just wondering if that is possible

KevinG

I don't have too much interest in anything other than Bloodborne. Slight curiosity toward Borderlands, but not enough to justify a $90 week in gaming.

paskowitz

Will Walmart price match this? Also, what about buying (full price pre order) yet to be released titles? I want to get GTA V and TW3:WH on PC.

Top Bottom