• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target - Buy 2 Get 1 free on all games (10/31-11/5) Uncharted 3, anyone?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Arkham City was my first Batman game and I loved the hell out of it. On my second playthrough now. Story doesn't really tie into the first game (except for one plot point which they explain to you anyway). Highly recommended.

ilnadmy said:
Arkham City was my first Batman game and I loved the hell out of it. On my second playthrough now. Story doesn't really tie into the first game (except for one plot point which they explain to you anyway). Highly recommended.

Alright dude. Think I may go with that then.

Checking out Target.com it says 2-4-1 on select games. B3 doesn't seems to be one of the "select" games. OP says "all" games. I take it the website is right and the OP is wrong?

hitmon

ErasureAcer said:
Checking out Target.com it says 2-4-1 on select games. B3 doesn't seems to be one of the "select" games. OP says "all" games. I take it the website is right and the OP is wrong?

In-store it was all games.

tigerin

ErasureAcer said:
Yeah...I'm looking at the ad itself on Target.com and it does seem to say over a 1,000 titles but I can't read the fine print nor will it enlarge.

it's all games. the lower price in the 3 will be free. and if i was you, i would get dark souls instead of batman, not saying batman is bad tho.

kevm3

Select games online and all games in store? Will they let me preorder... I want Lord of the Rings, Uncharted and Skyrim PC, but I dont' know if that's possible since Skyrim isn't due out until the 11th.

Futureman

I think I'm doing Dark Souls, Sims 3 Pets (for my GF), and not sure about the free game. Gonna run over after work.

Got a 360.

Synless said:
Me, they told me to fuck off basically.
Really that sucks. I don't see the problem of exchanging one game for another as long as it's not open. It's still a $60 purchase. I planned on doing that, hopefully they're not salty about it.

Qwell

picked up Gears of War 3, Forza 4, and Uncharted 3. Pays to wait a little bit before buying games :)

Shapingo

I just scored the last copies of Uncharted 3, Arkham City, BF3. I rushed out of work. My target is always understocked on PS3 games.

evilhomer

Picked up Uncharted 3, Batman AC, and FIFA 12

Had to get 360 version of Batman since it was sold out on PS3. Not a big deal just almost made me heartbroken when I couldnt find it there, wouldv'e broken the deal for me.

T Ghost

Buy 2 games get 1 game free offer is not worthy in my case. It's $20 discount per game. I get almost all of my games through the "keep it" option at gamefly for less than $40 already. Not enticing. If I didn't have gamefly and/or didn't know how to "ride" a gamefly account it would be different.

Call me again if someone runs a "BOGO" promotion on new games.

SpecX

Awesome deal, but timing is so bad. I can only imagine how pissed my wife will be if I buy this around her birthday.

I don't know why the title says all games, as this is definitely not true. It is select games only.

Also, yes multiples of the same copy are permitted (I did it myself). The only major titles eligible for this are UC3, Batman (PS3 only), Gears of War 3, Battlefield 3 (PS3 only), and FIFA 2k12.

Maybe it's different online / in-store, but this is my experience in-store. Everything else is (probably) games you would never play anyway.

Edit: Oh yea, Ocarina of Time 3DS and Starfox 3DS

So if I'm not mistaken, is this not really a B2G1 but actually any game for 1/3rd off?

If you buy three $60 games, on the receipt it says each game has a return value of $40. So in theory you buy the one game you want and return the two you don't and you get the sale price with only having to pay for one game.

senador

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
So if I'm not mistaken, is this not really a B2G1 but actually any game for 1/3rd off?

If you buy three $60 games, on the receipt it says each game has a return value of $40. So in theory you buy the one game you want and return the two you don't and you get the sale price with only having to pay for one game.

The receipt says something on it like "All items must be returned for refund", so you can't do that. All or nothing.

senador said:
The receipt says something on it like "All items must be returned for refund", so you can't do that. All or nothing.

It also says each thing has a refund value though. I'm not sure I understand why each game would have a refund value if they all had to be there for the return. People on CAG seem to say that you can just return and you'll get the refund value listed on the receipt.

not one single target out of the 3 in my area have the only game i really wanted to buy! on top of that, the game is store only and not available online.. FFS

Went in to buy Sonic Generations and Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Had a hard time finding a third game priced at $49.99.

Bought Disney Universe as my third title.

Jotted down some $30 & $20 games in case I decide to make a cheaper run before the sale's out.

FYI

Apparently WoW time cards are considered as a "game". They are ringing up as B2G1

s43FrQ

Boogdud

So has anyone successfully purchased multiple copies of the same game? I have some friends at work who have been stalling on GoW3. Was thinking of picking up Sonic and two copies of GoW3 and didn't know if they'd honor it. Seems like they're a bit twitchy.

Top Bottom