• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
haunts said:
Fuck the Wii, seriously. I mean Ill buy this game but who wants to play fighting games on the Wii? After paying so much for sticks and mods I just want a 360 copy.

Fuck Smash Brothers too..

The irony of this is hilarious.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Hiltz said:
I don't think this has been posted yet.

According to the upcoming issue of Nintendo Power Magazine, the name of the game is changed to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. Other changes include a slightly different HUD, new features (no details mentioned), possibly online play and new characters. The game is going to be released this Winter.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=16352

Online play would be nice. There's really no reason it shouldn't have been there in the first place (cue people blaming Nintendo for Capcom's decision).

TreIII said:
Maybe so, but some times, that's just the way things be.

I mean, Wii-only owners have to own up to the fact that they'll NEVER get the likes of BlazBlue and KOFXII in their lives, just like it seems that Wii/PS3 owners will likely never get VOOT (XBLA), while meanwhile NO console beyond PS2 will get Melty Blood: Actress Again. And even there, you gotta import the JP version coming out later this year.

So, like it or lump it, the FG fan who wants as many options as possible, still has to be able to do what's necessary to play the games they may want to play. Such is life.

*hugs his modded PS2, Homebrew'd Wii and PS3* :D

Then buy a 360/PS3, problem solved.

It really bothers me how some of you gamers act like you dont have a choice.

MisterHero

CAPCOM REDEEMED

PantherLotus.gif
PantherLotus.gif
PantherLotus.gif

PantherLotus.gif
PantherLotus.gif
PantherLotus.gif

Ysiadmihi said:
Online play would be nice. There's really no reason it shouldn't have been there in the first place (cue people blaming Nintendo for Capcom's decision).

After experiencing Brawl's atrocious online system, it's hard for me to get excited with any kind of online implimentation of a fighting game on wii.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Hey I just want to see this game do well so hopefully we will see more fighters/sequels. If its just on the Wii and not the other systems that just another barrier of entry for a lot of people who would have otherwise gotten into it.

Saying it was just for the Wii and cant be ported to 360/PS3 is stupid too.

haunts said:
Fuck the Wii, seriously. I mean Ill buy this game but who wants to play fighting games on the Wii? After paying so much for sticks and mods I just want a 360 copy.

Dude, a PSX to GC converter isn't exactly going to break the bank. I use a HRAP2 SA, easy pleasy.

It's on bitches. I'm going to school all of you with Ken- spamming his unbeatable flaming dragon punch. Wait, he is in this right?

Sadist

haunts said:

*Raises hand, holding this*

classic-controller.jpg

TreIII

Projectjustice said:

You don't need to be telling ME that, bruh. Preach that kind of priniciple to some of the other bamas, here and far, who act like they some how CAN'T buy a Wii, if they want to play this game so damn bad. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
A Twisty Fluken said:
Dude, a PSX to GC converter isn't exactly going to break the bank. I use a HRAP2 SA, easy pleasy.

Yeah thats true, Ill end up doing that.. I have a Wii but its in the other room.

SO IM LAZY who cares? :lol

MotherFan

Projectjustice said:

So would this be the same response (insert wii for 360/ps3) for people complaining about this being on wii only? Prolly not since you say it needs a port. Why port this and not the 360/ps3 fighting games? Why not have those games developed so they can be on all systems?

justchris

Holy shit! That's awesome. I was considering modding my Wii to play import games just for this game. Now I don't have to bother. Score another one for laziness!

TreIII said:
You don't need to be telling ME that, bruh. Preach that kind of priniciple to some of the other bamas, here and far, who act like they some how CAN'T buy a Wii, if they want to play this game so damn bad. :lol

Im buying a Wii just for this game. I went to the mall today and got myself a Hori Arcade stick for Wii and I dont even own the console yet. Im preaching it to everyone that pussy's bleed everytime someone wants exclusive games to come out on another consoles.

MotherFan said:
So would this be the same response (insert wii for 360/ps3) for people complaining about this being on wii only? Prolly not since you say it needs a port. Why port this and not the 360/ps3 fighting games? Why not have those games developed so they can be on all systems?

Because on Wii they will have bad sales.

haunts said:

I can't wait for even more fighting games to come out on the Wii.

Jazzem

Hiltz said:
I don't think this has been posted yet.

According to the upcoming issue of Nintendo Power Magazine, the name of the game is changed to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. Other changes include a slightly different HUD, new features (no details mentioned), possibly online play and new characters. The game is going to be released this Winter.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=16352

Yes please! :D

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Projectjustice said:
Im buying a Wii just for this game. I went today to the mall and got myself a Hori Arcade stick for Wii and I dont even own the console yet. Im preaching it to everyone that pussy's bleed everytime someone wants exclusive games to come out on another consoles.

I'll never understand people who act like buying a console for one game is a great solution. It's especially strange that with all of the stuff out on Wii none of it must have interested you if it took TvC to convince you to buy one, which makes it even more of a mindboggling thing to do.

Ysiadmihi said:
I'll never understand people who act like buying a console for one game is a great solution. It's especially strange that with all of the stuff out on Wii none of it must have interested you if it took TvC to convince you to buy one, which makes it even more of a mindboggling thing to do.

No, there are other games that interest me. The thing is my brother owns a Wii. So when I wanted to play it I would just go to his house. This game sets the purchase for myself.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
PataHikari said:
I can't wait for even more fighting games to come out on the Wii.

As long as they come out on other systems too then its all good. It just seems like all these dope games bomb real hard on the Wii so why not release it on all platforms!? A port cant be that hard.

haunts said:
As long as they come out on other systems too then its all good. It just seems like all these dope games bomb real hard on the Wii so why not release it on all platforms!? A port cant be that hard.
You are an idiot.

I hope they make more fighting games exclusive to the Wii. Because the Wii has the best controller for fighting games anyways.

MisterHero

haunts said:
Yeah just like when Street Fighter Anniversary, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, SNKvsCapcom/CapcomvsSNK sold 0 copies on Gamecube

Projectjustice said:
I hope you are kidding.:lol

Why would I be.

It's a fact.

Classic Controller > PS3 controller > Xbox360 controller

When it comes to fighting games.

shagg_187 said:
PSN/XBLA DOWNLOAD PLEASE! I'll pay anything and everything for decent online/offline 2D Fighter!
No.

It's not going to happen.

It's for Wii. It's not going to be on any other console. If you refuse to accept this just quit gaming.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I think they should change the name to like Anime vs Capcom or something and it will do a lot better.

MisterHero said:
Yeah just like when Street Fighter Anniversary, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, SNKvsCapcom/CapcomvsSNK sold 0 copies on Gamecube

Is that sarcasm? I cant tell.

rainking187 said:
He's not really wrong though. What was the last third party game that got huge sales on the Wii?

I haven't been keeping up with sales lately but last I checked Boom Blox sold over a million.

Oh yeah you're an idiot too.

MisterHero

haunts said:
I'm pointing out, how can you know how well it'll perform? There is a chance that it might be a niche title because of the properties involved, it might be a big success if Capcom pushes it enough to their SF/Wii-owning fans. Capcom hasn't done enough with fighters on GC/N64 to reference how well a fighter on a Nintendo platform will do. Also, their highest-selling version of SFII was on a Nintendo platform (SNES).

It all depends on Capcom now on how well they want it to do. A lot of import fans might not buy it a second time. Maybe the new features/characters will help that situation.

haunts said:
And how well did SFIII sell on all the systems it was ported to last gen? SFIV has been the only real HD fighting success story so far this gen (although SSFTHD did well enough to get MvC2 ported) so I think it's premature to declare that porting TvC will help it significantly.

Threi

notag
noooo not another TvC thread ruined you fucking idiots

fuck all of you.

*facepalm*

haunts said:
Hey I just want to see this game do well so hopefully we will see more fighters/sequels. If its just on the Wii and not the other systems that just another barrier of entry for a lot of people who would have otherwise gotten into it.
Actually if SFIV had come out on all 3 platforms I would have gotten it for Wii instead of 360.

sprocket

Banned
-PXG- said:
Wii haters need to get the fuck out. For real.

True .. A great game is a great game on any platform.

We cant help that the Wii gets what is practically Marvel VS Capcom 3 .
Her eis hoping for online play added!!

RyuKanSan

WOOOOOOT!!! I modded my Wii for this so it'll be awesome that I can buy it. Hopefully we'll see it at E3 or something.

And lmao you guys will not turn this into a what 3rd party has bombed on the Wii. If Wii got a major IP like SFIV and it bombed, THEN we could say things that like.

AniHawk

haunts said:

Most of those games never came out on the GC. I'm pretty sure SNK vs. Capcom 2 did, though. I think it was called SvC2 EO or something.

Or maybe it was CvS2 EO.

Bluth54

PataHikari said:
I haven't been keeping up with sales lately but last I checked Boom Blox sold over a million.

Also de Blob sold over 700,000 copies as of February.

I have to agree with the idiot part too.

AniHawk

PataHikari said:

A year-old game probably isn't the best example. Call of Duty 5 is the usual fallback for sales-related third-party arguments, these days, isn't it?

PSGames

Saint Gregory said:
And how well did SFIII sell on all the systems it was ported to last gen? SFIV has been the only real HD fighting success story so far this gen (although SSFTHD did well enough to get MvC2 ported) so I think it's premature to declare that porting TvC will help it significantly.

Uhh Soul Calibur IV and Dead or Alive 4 both sold extremely well and with Tekken 6 on the way that trend is set to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom