• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

Crossing my fingers for a crate 40. Haven't had any good drops in a while, so I'll let the delusion that I'm due for one give me optimism.

Yeef

Game has been running like absolute crap over the past few days for me. Hopefully this gets fixed with an update.
Hah. They still haven't even fixed the cozy camper and that is, more than likely, just a typo. What makes you think they'll actually do anything about performance issues.

The proper answer if you get ahead in a duel is to go cloak and dagger spy off in the middle of nowhere for the rest of the match, naturally.

Haven't had this happen to me yet, but I will keep it in mind the next time I'm ever challenged. The only challenge i got was someone hiding behind an Engi nest.

leroidys

Hah. They still haven't even fixed the cozy camper and that is, more than likely, just a typo. What makes you think they'll actually do anything about performance issues.

Yeah, what is the deal with that? It is borderline unusable now for rifles.

You're probably right. We should buy a bunch of cupcakes and send them to Valve to show our contempt.

sixghost

I think I'm starting to enjoy the support classes like engy or homewrecker pyro. I sort of realized that I was probably the worst team player in the server when it came to actually helping my team win.

Acerac

Banned
If the first salvaged crate is any indication, prices will only go up. Especially when we hit 50 and 40 stops dropping.

I'm sure we'll get a price spike in time. Give it a month or so and we'll see a dip. Just gotta move before 50 hits is all.

E50806D3E3A4CFD3932F5F26A5620CA5C208B02A

Red cart is glitched. Better jump on it and start taunting.

sixghost

Also unseen from the way people assume you can handle things completely by yourself.

I definitely try to help out my engys more often having played the class for about a week now. I used to see an engineer with dispenseer and level 3 and think he's practically invincible. Now I see that same thing and think, fuck I better stick around for a bit in case a lone demoman strolls by and destroys 2-3 minutes worth of building in 5 seconds.

Sajjaja

I definitely try to help out my engys more often having played the class for about a week now. I used to see an engineer with dispenseer and level 3 and think he's practically invincible. Now I see that same thing and think, fuck I better stick around for a bit in case a lone demoman strolls by and destroys 2-3 minutes worth of building in 5 seconds.
Those were the days =\

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'll swap to engie at startup or change classes at spawn to whack teleport sappers.
3 seconds.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Aha! So you're the part of not help engie-gaf! >:[

I'll swap to engie at startup or change classes at spawn to whack teleport sappers.

I do this too. I sometimes fear, though, that if there is 1 engy, then I swap to engy to help him upgrade, people see "oh we already have 2 engies" and then switch to another class. Then 10 seconds before the round starts I switch back to my other class and we're down to 1 engy. Just an interesting thing I've noticed from time-to-time.

I do this too. I sometimes fear, though, that if there is 1 engy, then I swap to engy to help him upgrade, people see "oh we already have 2 engies" and then switch to another class. Then 10 seconds before the round starts I switch back to my other class and we're down to 1 engy. Just an interesting thing I've noticed from time-to-time.

Maybe this is overkill, but I always figured that just about everybody (except medics, and maybe demomen laying sticky traps) should switch to engineers during setup. I don't understand why everybody insists on just spamming taunts during setup instead of doing something useful.

Also unseen from the way people assume you can handle things completely by yourself.

The absolute worst thing ever is when engineers on the same fucking team don't even help eachother.

We had some engineer on the server yesterday who completely ignored a dying Level 3 placed by Cloudius.

There is a thing called communication.

Maybe this is overkill, but I always figured that just about everybody (except medics, and maybe demomen laying sticky traps) should switch to engineers during setup. I don't understand why everybody insists on just spamming taunts during setup instead of doing something useful.

I've said this before. Generally the answer I get is that people need some time to get to the point earlier, and position themselves.

Though a level 3 teleporter or two would more than make up for the 10 seconds you waste switching to engineer and pressing M1 a couple times.

My setup is usually used to browse Reddit. I sorry.

Oh I was at my brother's house last night and had to play CoD3 for a few hours with them..... I missed TF2 GAF, and felt bad for these guys. They play CoD3 every night on XBL. They don't know what they're missing.

thefro

Lots of issues that keep that from happening unless your team is really coordinated
- Lack of available metal on the front lines until the dispensers go up and get upgraded to level 3. This varies on the map but you'll be waiting for metal to redrop pretty quickly and it gets worse with more engineers trying to build/upgrade stuff.
- Respawn time if you switch classes outside the base, plus having to hike all the way back to the front line (20 sec usually if you're not a scout or good at rocket jumping, more for a heavy)
- Extra engineers can only upgrade existing buildings (any they build blow up when they switch to normal classes)
- Lots of people join late, or later in the round due to connection issues, downloading map/sounds, etc.

You're still not going to be able to get a level 3 sentry and level 3 dispenser up, switch classes, and be ready at the front line when setup is done, even with 2-3 extra engineers per "real" engineer.

Now, sticking behind and upgrading the teleporter entrances that get dropped to level 3, switching classes in the base and then using the teleporters to teleport to the front lines would probably be ideal.

Now, sticking behind and upgrading the teleporter entrances that get dropped to level 3, switching classes in the base and then using the teleporters to teleport to the front lines would probably be ideal.

You can probably get up to 2 buildings prebuilt.

1. Engineer places dispenser + teleporter entrance. Dispenser + Teleporter built to level 3.
2. Engineer lugs dispenser to point B. Places teleporter exit.
3. Engineer builds sentry.

There is a thing called communication.

True.

I've said this before. Generally the answer I get is that people need some time to get to the point earlier, and position themselves.

Though a level 3 teleporter or two would more than make up for the 10 seconds you waste switching to engineer and pressing M1 a couple times.

I agree. Seems silly not to help upgrade things from the get-go.

Top Bottom