• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Can someone incredibly wealthy host a superpowerful no lag server?

Anyone here enter the lottery potluck in offtopic? If you win will you do that?

I think Yeef tried to do this before. Didn't work out too well.

It worked wonderfully, except for the vocal minority who wouldn't stop bitching because wah wah wahhhh they had to play something other than badwater wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and then Yeef gave in like the BITCH HE IS because they knew it was just a test run and if they kept bitching and protesting and quote-unquote boycotting, Yeef would assume the "test" had failed

fucking brilliant strategy, you wankers

We have tried that on every single GAF server (reminder, we're on #4), and it never works out.

Except it always does work. See above.

Although, admittedly, part of the problem is shitty maps like Badwater being in the rotation in the first place.

Yeef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfMNyEBwT4#t=1m55s

Science is great!

Also, I kind of wish more people used the amputator taunt. Apparently the Third Degree hits everyone being healed by it, so with a lucky crit you could kill an entire team. That would be grand. [/nonsequitur]

Yeef: I barely use syringe gun. I do use my saw, but that is because using the ubersaw to defend myself is actually pretty damn beneficial for the team. 25% uber a hit = much faster uber.
Wasn't talking specifically about you, just in general. A lot of people that play medic seem to not realize that he's not really designed for combat. On engage as a means of escape of if you know for certain you can win. Unlike other players dying, having a medic die is a huge setback for the team. Especially on Attack/Defend type maps.

It worked wonderfully, except for the vocal minority who wouldn't stop bitching because wah wah wahhhh they had to play something other than badwater wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and then Yeef gave in like the BITCH HE IS because they knew it was just a test run and if they kept bitching and protesting and quote-unquote boycotting, Yeef would assume the "test" had failed

fucking brilliant strategy, you wankers

Except it always does work. See above.

Although, admittedly, part of the problem is shitty maps like Badwater being in the rotation in the first place.

I've said it before (in the thread, even!), and I'll say it again: Democracy just doesn't work.

I only play medic on maps I don't like, or am a little bored of a lot of times but I haven't found it that boring. But whenever I play it my team wins. :|

I feel really bad when a medic healing me dies, but I'm never the first guy to go down when I'm healing someone else. Am I really that bad at protecting my medic or is he taking all the damage that I am for some reason.

Wasn't talking specifically about you, just in general. A lot of people that play medic seem to not realize that he's not really designed for combat. On engage as a means of escape of if you know for certain you can win. Unlike other players dying, having a medic die is a huge setback for the team. Especially on Attack/Defend type maps.

I blame Java. He actually pulls off battlemedic quite well when the situation calls for it. He is ace with the Blutsauger.

And then people try to emulate him. I know I tried at first. But then I went with the overdose.

BY2K

Membero Americo
If every one were to be happy about the map choice on the GAF server, there would be no map to play.

Me? I don't give a damn. I just want to play, damn it!

Watching demos is a good thing to do as well. I'll try and mention if I have games as medic worth watching. It doesn't show you the health of the guy you're healing though.

For tonight, I only played medic on Hoodoo. Easy map to survive on (giant hallway), but I only died twice and it was to a random crit and a kritz'd heavy (but I was in danger a couple of times and survived) Even got a crossbow kill on a pyro chasing me. Disregard me not building uber at the start of the game and trying to hit people with crossbow shots. :p

I would play medic more but I never know when its time to uber. This is further evidenced by the fact that medics love to yell at me for charging into battle too early

I only bitch when it's hightower or gorge. So like most of the time.

Gorge is a good map though. I never tire of it.

If every one were to be happy about the map choice on the GAF server, there would be no map to play.

Me? I don't give a damn. I just want to play, damn it!

You only say this because you play Sniper. You only ever stand in one spot. :(

I would play medic more but I never know when its time to uber. This is further evidenced by the fact that medics love to yell at me for charging into battle too early

Yeah I suck with popping uber, but I am getting better I think.

Sometimes I just let my heal target tell me when to pop it (if they have a mic) so then they can prepare all their ammo and stuff. Sometimes I pop it to save a Heavy at 12hp or something. It isn't a critical moment, but it does help with defense so sometimes I feel it is worth it. I'll sometimes juggle it to a few critical HP people to save them, and it has worked in the past.

Though sometimes I pop it too early out of fear, like if an enemy scout gets close and bodyshots me.

To redeem myself for throwing Mini sentries all over the place last week (I think it was Thursday night?) I'm going to play a lot of medic tonight.

And not the trashy battle medic variety.

Also, I seem to have great ping on the jank. I'm usually in the 30's and even last night I don't recall having any issues with lag. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Playing Medic is never boring. It's either infuriating because your team is terrible, or great because you have a well crafted team and pocket who listens.

Alienups

Just had to switch to medic again because my team didn't have any and we were getting raped. Held out comfortably after i switched.

Does anyone else not like pocketing heavies ? I always pocket demomen, way more fun, especially with the kritzkrieg.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just had to switch to medic again because my team didn't have any and we were getting raped. Held out comfortably after i switched.

Does anyone else not like pocketing heavies ? I always pocket demomen, way more fun, especially with the kritzkrieg.

Depends on the map, depends on the person. Defending a Payload map, Kritz Demo can wreck a lot of havoc, but something like Highlander Granary, you're probably going to want to pocket the Heavy with Uber.

Yeef

There have been randoms playing on the server at odd hours. Like right now and all last night after everyone left. It's strange, because I don't have quickplay enabled.

sixghost

Yeef, I think you've mentioned trying this before, but is there any way the voting could be fixed so that it only happens during setup, after a round ends, or when we're dead?

I don't even realize most of the time when I randomly vote for a map because it popped up while I was alive and fighting.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef, I think you've mentioned trying this before, but is there any way the voting could be fixed so that it only happens during setup, after a round ends, or when we're dead?

I don't even realize most of the time when I randomly vote for a map because it popped up while I was alive and fighting.
Yeef will always claim that he fixed this problem, but he really keeps it popping up just so he can twirl his moustache and laugh when you vote for hydro instead of switching weapons and end up dead.

Played jankyard for the first time last night. I actually really liked it. People were complaining about me sniping with my Ambassador from the enemy rooftop. It was surprisingly effective.

No, it was an April Fools joke. Back for one night only.
One of the cruelest April Fools' Day jokes ever.

There have been randoms playing on the server at odd hours. Like right now and all last night after everyone left. It's strange, because I don't have quickplay enabled.
Yeah last night I logged back on at like 10:30, so it would have been 1:30am over there, and there were 3 randoms playing on the jank. Maybe they're junior members we aren't familiar with yet? Dunno.

he did play on GAF server around 10 days ago. He was still wrecking shit.
Was he that really good Demo? Goddamn, I remember him. Why did he stop playing?

Spy best class, always heal Big Booty Paul
FTFY

Yeef

There's no way to do asynchronous map voting.

The map vote only comes up during humiliation unless the round goes on for longer than 25 minutes. The exception being CTF and Payload Race maps. Since we only do 1 round, I have it set to initiate the vote 5 minutes into the game.

There is an option to make the announcer do a countdown when the vote is about to start, but I always thought that was annoying. If you all really wouldn't mind that, I can enable it. There's also the option to block off the first few slots so that they don't do anything, but the problem with that is that if even two people nominate maps it'll have multiple pages and multiple pages are awful.

Also, remember you can also type "!revote" in chat to revote.

i wish we could do "only new maps this week" stuff again

i'm already getting tired of nucleus, harvest, badwater, hightower, harvest, coldfront, harvest, badlands, and event harvest again and again every night

Blizzard

Banned

i'm already getting tired of nucleus, harvest, badwater, hightower, harvest, coldfront, harvest, badlands, and event harvest again and again every night
It's crazy that we have so many maps! That much choice is bound to get boring. I recommend something new and exciting like 24/7 dustfort for a week, for variety et cetera.

My pocket order:

1. Fallengorn
2. Kuro/Artistdude/Borgnine/Borsalino/Carter
3. Good Heavys
4. Decent soldiers/demomen
5. Good scouts.

Though I do try to heal everyone who needs it. Though they have to come to me if I decide to latch on to someone who can actually protect me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My pocket order:

1. Fallengorn
3. Good Heavys
4. Decent soldiers/demomen
5. Good scouts.

Though I do try to heal everyone who needs it. Though they have to come to me if I decide to latch on to someone who can actually protect me.
:'[

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management

LIES. No one pockets me because I get them killed. That's what they get for not pocketing me more though. Only one who does is Pangloss and that's just because he's bored and wants me to whip people.

Also I end up voting for map 5 a lot because that's my battle cry voice command hotkey that I hit every five seconds. Out of habit I hit 5 in a lot of other games too and weird stuff happens.

LIES. No one pockets me because I get them killed. That's what they get for not pocketing me more though. Only one who does is Pangloss and that's just because he's bored and wants me to whip people.

Also I end up voting for map 5 a lot because that's my battle cry voice command hotkey that I hit every five seconds. Out of habit I hit 5 in a lot of other games too and weird stuff happens.

I pocket you all the time when I actually play. Which, last time I played and you were there at the same time was like I dunno seven years ago, though, so, I dunno, I dunno.

I could have sworn I've pocketed you before. Maybe I am confusing you with Borsalino. He keeps me safe.

I pocketed you last week in a Payload Race map. Then I accused you of playing TF2 just to spank people.

Fucking this. Voting is shit, because we always end up playing fucking Gorge/Hightower then server dies. I need a populated server that plays only custom maps.

Top Bottom