• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja: We went "hands-on" to get breast physics right in DOA5

Xav

What?

You posted a bunch of promo pictures used in gaming publications and provided by Namco Bandai. Those are bullshots too.

Do bullshots normally leave in the aliasing? Look close and you'll find them. To be honest the Namco "bullshots" look worse than the direct captures from Lens of Truth anyway.

sIsu0.jpg

gsMMe.jpg

Obviously the full detail cant be seen because of youtube but you can tell.

You're telling me in a single sentence that you can and can't see the detail, I'm confused. Dude don't worry about it, we're getting too off topic here. Dead or Alive 5 looks great.
So Team Ninja went "hands-on" to get the breast physics right? Itagaki was doing that since 2003, oh Hayashi you really are Itagaki's sub-ordinate.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do bullshots normally leave in the aliasing? Look close and you'll find them. To be honest the Namco "bullshots" look worse than the direct captures from Lens of Truth anyway.

Yes, I recognized the one Lens of Truth screenshot. You've got some promo shots in there too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You're telling me in a single sentence that you can and can't see the detail, I'm confused. Dude don't worry about it, we're getting too off topic here. Dead or Alive 5 looks great.
So Team Ninja went "hands-on" to get the breast physics right? Itagaki was doing that since 2003, oh Hayashi you really are Itagaki's sub-ordinate.

I'm saying that even with the image being the best quality for the detail you can still see the difference.

Ivy BTW looks plastic and Cartoony in that shot.

DOA has always been the cleanest looking fighter around

Whether or not someone would find it agreeable is entirely down to a matter of taste

I personally find the artistic design somewhat bland compared to Soul Calibur for example, but technically speaking DOA is always a step ahead in actual stuff on screen

5) Didn't post bullshots unlike you.

Well aren't you a quippy commenter. Those are not Bull shots. The DOA5 Demo that came with NG3 honestly even looks better than SCV anyway. While SCV looks fantastic still, they have this weird Glass or Ceramic look to them which Ironically DOA5 got rid of compared to their other entries. That ceramic like look does not clash with SC fantasy world so it works I guess, but it's not in the same league as DOA5 which has a completely different art direction meant to go for realistic and highly detailed character models. Just because their skin looks untouched with few battle marks does not and should not make them look below a game like SCV

Ninjimbo

No other game punishes the attacker for making the right choice in punishing the opponents mistake. In DOA4 you can hit them if they did something unsafe, go into the 2nd or 3rd hit and do like 10% by then, but if they hold your 3rd hit you lose like 30% hp.

So basically on hit, the person is guessing a 33%(high/mid/low) chance to counter for more dmg after making the mistake. The attack is guessing to avoid that 33% chance counter with more guessing of high/mid/low. In DOA4 the defender was almost always in advantage after making a mistake compared to the attacker. Now add that most strings were unsafe on block and the only thing you could do was delay your string to further guessing.

also the low hold ducks high attacks. So in reality it was closer to 50/50.

Every other competitve fighter doesn't do this. If the opponent makes a mistake, and you punish, you are always in advantage because they are taking the dmg no matter what (except combo breaker but then they are using up a resource for making that mistake).

I follow enough on DOA5 to know that what hampered the whole series from being a good competitive game are still presented in the game (though its been alleviated to an extent).
By 'hold' you mean reversals right? I thought you were referring to Tekken, but now I see that you were talking about DOA's system. I know exactly what you're talking about then and I agree. DOA has a weird system, but I do find the game fun to play.

It does things visually that I like. It also does levels in the most interesting way since they're tiered. You can be fighting on top of a cathedral, knock someone down and then find yourself fighting in a garden where a hotdog cart can be a hazard. It's goofy fun for me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Whether or not someone would find it agreeable is entirely down to a matter of taste

I personally find the artistic design somewhat bland compared to Soul Calibur for example, but technically speaking DOA is always a step ahead in actual stuff on screen

Also this. DOA is technically better which is my point. What the other poster might want to talk about is art direction maybe.

EDIT: Hayabusa has veins on the demo. Jann Lee has them too, Bayman has a scar on his face. Check Hayabusa Scarf for details.

BadAss2961

Plus the multi-tiered stages have always been fluid and fun.

sleepykyo

At the expense of dropping the IQ. Even more with 4 characters on screen at once.

Did they up the image quality for retail DOA5? I was under the impression that the DOA5 demo was subHD as well.
Clothing on the DOA cast (especially Bayman) look terrible.

Dariso

Neo Member
So the breast physics depend on what they wear?

That's genius. Just like real life.

itstanyasongquitaskindnuzx.gif

Those are real BTW.

Wow, speechless here...
They could get a lot of data from this girl i guess lol. Wonder how they choose who would do the hands on, probably all the male population on team ninja would be incredibly interested doing that kind of research.

P90

This has been one of the breast threads we have had here for a while. Nothin' wrong with jiggle physics. Besides DOA is quite a decent fighting game.

Dantis

Also this. DOA is technically better which is my point. What the other poster might want to talk about is art direction maybe.

EDIT: Hayabusa has veins on the demo. Jann Lee has them too, Bayman has a scar on his face. Check Hayabusa Scarf for details.

Veins and scars are nothing, it's just small things you add on ZBrush. There's no point in arguing about graphics with that guy, because the art is subjective and he doesn't know a thing about the technical aspects.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yep. The parts which seemed distinctly Team Ninja, such as the art and combat, were really good.

Why do people hate Other M if the art and combat are good? Story or something?

Also, I heard that "Other M" was supposed to be clever or something. What does Other M mean?

Sorry for the questions, I haven't actually played video games in several years.

Top Bottom