• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Sp00ky's Stream Gear Seized by the Department of Homeland Security

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sp00ky's stream gear were jacked by the Dept. of Homeland Security on his way back from Toronto Game Championship 12.
Spooky is one of the most beloved and respected member of the Fighting Game Community.

Source: iPlaywinner

Team Sp00ky twitter: @teamspooky (Show the man some love)

Arturo Sabin Sanchez said:
The fucked up part is, after jacking @teamspooky stream gear DHS made him pay for his ticket to get back to NY.

#freesp00ky

What the hell, im traveling to the US in December with a laptop and DSLR and a bunch of lenses to shoot a wedding, is it possible that i will get my stuff seized, this is terrible. :(

[Nintex]

zephervack said:
What the hell, im traveling to the US in December with a laptop and DSLR and a bunch of lenses to shoot a wedding, is it possible that i will get my stuff seized, this is terrible. :(
Your shit will be seized and you'll end up in Guantanamo.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
walking fiend said:
who are they?
Oh yeah i totally forgot to put that in the OP V__V
Is a very well known streamer of Fighting Games.

Fersis

Arturo Sabin Sanchez said:
The fucked up part is, after jacking @teamspooky stream gear DHS made him pay for his ticket to get back to NY.

Thats awful. Damn =/

zephervack said:
What if you mail it instead?

Venfayth

Sucks for spooky and fighting game streaming in general. On an unrelated note, I hate most of the casters on spooky, so annoying to listen to 50% of the time, very insightful and informative the other 50% of the time.

People are saying there is a low chance of getting his stuff back?

What does HLS do with stuff they take? Don't they just look at the HD, and see there is no terrorist shit on it and give it back?

It will just sit in a warehouse somewhere?

This all seems fucked up, that they can take your stuff like that. With no real reason?

Buzzati

Banned
I've heard horror stories of DHS not giving people their equipment back. Hopefully they're just the vocal minority. What a bunch of nonsense.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
As I said in the other thread, I had an uncle who used to do these seizures for a living, and from what he told me there is a very low chance of ever getting your stuff back.

#FreeSp00ky

hmm so in reading more, it seems that if DHS thinks that you are violating copyright in any way, they will seize your stuff to check, and checking can take from 1 year to forever. This guy might never get his stuff back. Broken system.

Xater

I don't even get how this is possible. For shit like this shouldn't there be at least reasonable suspicion or something? This just looks like they acted randomly and/or out on whim. Poor guy. I am feeling for Sp00ky, dude does great work for the fighting game community.

Top Bottom