• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser for Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin (new Valkyrie Profile?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

depward

Will hold off on passing any type of judgment until I can see something.

I think screen taps actually would work OK here?

But again, no one really knows.

Optimistic but hey who knows anymore.

kromeo

I hope it has gameplay beyond just building a team with some kind of slot machine/daily roll mechanic and fighting them
it won't :(

rocK`

Banned
So wait, does it say mobile or are we just assuming? With a close release, it won't be not mobile, but it could always be a cross platform game.

Well, seeing as the 10 posters above you also comment that it's on mobile (for better or worse), I'd say we aren't assuming.

kiryogi

Banned
Poor Yumi Toma, first getting replaced as Ivy, then as Ling Xiaoyu, now Lenneth. :'(

At least Sawashiro is good.
(She replaced her as Ivy too...)

Sawashiro is the new stoic.

Yumi Touma also pretty old at this point. She was born just a year before Touma debut. Time to pass it on to the next generation. Although I thought Sawashiro was older too.

duckroll

qtj579H.jpg

Main Visual.

Rymuth

The revealed cast is as follows:

• Lenneth Valkyrie (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro) – The protagonist Valkyrie.
  • Odin (voiced by Koichi Yamadera) – Lord of the Aesir.
  • Norn (voiced by Ai Kakuma) – A goddess of fate who can foresee the future.
  • Sena (voiced by Ayane Sakura) – An earnest, brave, and naturally gifted swordswoman.
  • Darine (voiced by Hitomi Nabatame) – A woman so beautiful she can’t be human.

- Gematsu

Really curious what the tone of the story will be like.

Lime

The voice actor behind Darine is the same one who did Ailyth in Covenant of the Plume

latest

The description of her in the above
sounds very similar

rubius01

Inwards bent knees and neck-grasping maybe.

No, its the look on her face, her feathers are all messed up and her exposed thigh? Maybe? It just smacks of moeification of Lenneth Valkyrie. Like she is vulnerable/in distress and only the player can save her.

No, its the look on her face, her feathers are all messed up and her exposed thigh? Maybe? It just smacks of moeification of Lenneth Valkyrie. Like she is vulnerable/in distress and only the player can save her.

That just seems like you're reading too much into the art. I mean, doesn't this look vulnerable because it's the art from the original VP

1160564633lfsv9.jpg

And as far as her exposed thigh goes, here she is in VP2

lennethuhsnn.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Lenneth always struck me as somber, and pensive. In a strong way. The released art does have more of a distressed look. I do like the art though.

Dem hips tho

Lime

Goddess above. I love that design.

I pray they have some official art book release for whatever it is.

Depends on how much art SE are commissioning. We still don't know how small or big scale this is (beyond a powerpoint teaser and now a main visual art), so I think chances are unlikely.

Shouta

It looks like her armor is damaged from a fight or so which hasn't been something we've seen in a VP game yet. I wonder if the story is supposed to be more of a general struggle for her.

Lime

It looks like her armor is damaged from a fight or so which hasn't been something we've seen in a VP game yet. I wonder if the story is supposed to be more of a general struggle for her.

Probably a coming of age theme they are going for. Character art also only has one shoulder pad. Maybe by the end she'll have two (acquire early for extra $$$)

Beth Cyra

Depends on how much art SE are commissioning. We still don't know how small or big scale this is (beyond a powerpoint teaser and now a main visual art), so I think chances are unlikely.
Possible.

Still very excited and hopefully it turns out well.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Lol, same old garbage from the same old losers.

"NOOOO MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!"

"FUUUUCK!!!"

notlikethis.gif

<insert meme here>

Might as well just stop playing Japanese games if you're allergic to the present and future of gaming in the Far East. :p

I think duckroll's point is that screaming about something in every thread for five years doesn't actually accomplish anything.

We can look at some similar examples pretty easily. Every major retail game has a season pass, yet people comes in to type in all caps about how it's the end of the world and berate an OP if they express excitement. Does anyone feel that's helpful?

Handheld games also increasingly get dumped upon fur being on handhelds due to the dying nature of that market. Would you look forward to a future where you enter Ace Attorney threads and 90% of the posts are about how they could possibly release on a shit ass platform like 3DS?

No one is asking you to adopt anything. If you're not interested, you don't have to play it. Lots of other people are enjoying it and it makes tons of money, so it just makes the people who cry about it look foolish.

So, I am a huge fan of previous VP games, and I just learned about this game, and it seems like I am now being characterized as a "loser" if I express disappointment about it being moved towards mobile?

It's not fair to say "if you are not interested", it's a continuation of one of my most beloved JRPG series, of course I am interested to know that it now has a new game, just like I am interested to know once that Breath of Fire has a new game. But somehow I am now being characterized as "loser" and "foolish" for not jumping in joy about a new game in a series that I love move towards a platform that not only I have no interest in playing, but also known as a field where games like gacha or uses various f2p exploitation scheme flourish?

It's disappointing to know that if I express disappointment about this, I am immediately characterized as loser and foolish. Well, I can't help to feel unfortunate that yet another one of my favorite JRPG franchises move towards a direction that I abhor--if that makes me a loser and foolish, then so be it.

People who are just opposed to mobile as a platform in general are pretty much worth ignoring. That said, I still feel perfectly fine bitching about the gatcha approach.

Pls stop.

Dame

The hilarious monkey's paw of waiting years for another Valkyrie profile to have it possibly be on a mobile phone. Handheld? Enh, ok. Was hoping for console.

Tears. Sad sad tears of sadness.

duckroll

I'm actually okay with a gacha system if every pull comes with not just an Einharjar character, but a full mini scenario with their background story like VP1. That's "DLC" worth paying for. But if it's like VP2's worthless troop system, fuuuuck that.

I mean, I have like four or five gatcha games on my phone right now. So I wouldn't say they can't be done properly. I just always feel like I have to set my hope to "low" if I discover something to be gatcha.

Hopefully this works out.

duckroll

You know what's worse than gacha? Weapon/item gacha that comes with inventory limits which counts dupes. The WORST, because then they build in systems where you can pay to reduce UI hassle which then gives them an incentive to make the UI bad. Awful!

Datschge

So, I am a huge fan of previous VP games, and I just learned about this game, and it seems like I am now being characterized as a "loser" if I express disappointment about it being moved towards mobile?

It's not fair to say "if you are not interested", it's a continuation of one of my most beloved JRPG series, of course I am interested to know that it now has a new game, just like I am interested to know once that Breath of Fire has a new game.
The big difference is this is not even called VP to begin with.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You know what's worse than gacha? Weapon/item gacha that comes with inventory limits which counts dupes. The WORST, because then they build in systems where you can pay to reduce UI hassle which then gives them an incentive to make the UI bad. Awful!

hate games that make equipment part of the gacha on top of the gacha for characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom