• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser for Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin (new Valkyrie Profile?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime

Shackled by TRIGGER

That said, Hideo Minaba is a very talented artist Yoshinari or not.

Does Trigger not allow for contractual work for Yoh Yoshinari? I know he's busy with Witch Academia or whatever it was called, but that doesn't that still open up room for contractual work here and there?

And what is Kou busy with?

kiryogi

Banned
Does Trigger not allow for contractual work for Yoh Yoshinari? I know he's busy with Witch Academia or whatever it was called, but that doesn't that still open up room for contractual work here and there?

And what is Kou busy with?

Kou is jobber status (actually no idea, havent heard from him in forever)

While it's simply not realistic for Yoh at all, he's busy with training the new generation of animators @ Trigger, and he did yes, recently helm Little Witch Academia. Not to mention hes one of the main directors @ Trigger too

Lime

Kou is jobber status (actually no idea, havent heard from him in forever)

While it's simply not realistic for Yoh at all, he's busy with training the new generation of animators @ Trigger, and he did yes, recently helm Little Witch Academia. Not to mention hes one of the main directors @ Trigger too

Maybe You can use his students to do the contract work of VP3 and have him approve the best material :p

Apparently, Kou is working for "Silver" according to anime news network.

That just seems like you're reading too much into the art. I mean, doesn't this look vulnerable because it's the art from the original VP

1160564633lfsv9.jpg

And as far as her exposed thigh goes, here she is in VP2

lennethuhsnn.jpg

Her thigh is also exposed in the VP1 pic.

duckroll

Looks promising. The shot of all the Einhejer at the end though... not a huge fan of those designs...

I'm still lol'ing hard at the fact that the producer wanted to emphasize that the trailers are produced by Visualworks. Loooooooool.

duckroll

Nah, that's definitely new. Looks like they made a 3D version of VP1's battle system.

Hmmm... For some reason they used Lenneth's old VA, Yuki Touma, for the first part of the trailer.....why? Or are my ears deceiving me?

Maybe this being set before VP1 covers a prior incarnation of Lenneth before Platina.

kiryogi

Banned
Nah, that's definitely new. Looks like they made a 3D version of VP1's battle system.

Hmmm... For some reason they used Lenneth's old VA, Yumi Touma, for the first part of the trailer.....why? Or are my ears deceiving me?

Miyuki Sawashiro sounds pretty similar.

poncle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eceExWwnezE

trailer #2. you can see the glimpse of actual gameplay... or is that from VP2?

The enemy model is from VP2, but the characters seems new.
Hope the music from the trailer is a hint that the soundtrack will be more like VP1.

Now that we can see it's an action game, I'm joining the chorus of disappointment for the platform of choice being mobile. Hope it will have bluetooth controller support at least.

Lime

Looks like they are using the assets from VP2.
42551j0sr9.jpg

Also, I hope there are different weapon models, because Lenneth's sword looks atrocious:
131473s2u.png

duckroll

Waiting for a good soul to give us a translation,
fighting against mixed feelings in the meantime.

So far there isn't really much in terms of details. The new trailer is mostly front loaded with the general Norse mythology background of there being 9 realms, the war of the gods, chaos on earth, and a lone goddess becoming a source of hope for all warriors, etc.

Lime

I giphed the glimpse

giphy.gif

I also like that because it's an origin story, Lenneth only has one feather in her helmet - very deep character design :lol

RyoonZ

Banned
Looks great
Square knows to make mobile game and at least has more respect to their franchise unlike Capcom
Hope this game work out for them

poncle

So far there isn't really much in terms of details. The new trailer is mostly front loaded with the general Norse mythology background of there being 9 realms, the war of the gods, chaos on earth, and a lone goddess becoming a source of hope for all warriors, etc.

Thanks, guess we have to wait for the third vp for some real information.

the Battle music also got released

Not sure about the chosen sound so far :/

Well, it's different but still catchy, can definitely fight to that.

Lime

it's the battle theme from VP1

I know, it's the 'Unfinished Battle with God Syndrome', but with a different keyboard sound. It's a minor alteration, but that specific keyboard sound is something I associate with 90-year old birthday parties. :lol It doesn't really matter, though, it's just me being dumb and picky

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This actually looks way better than it sounded at first.

With what we've seen, I'm starting to wonder if this is going to end up being a remake/reboot of VP1 and not just a prequel of some sort.

I'm also not bothered too much by it being mobile since, as noted, Squeenix has been pretty decent on their mobile front so far.

Lime

Two more tweets:

今日から来週月曜まで、桜庭さんに作曲してもらったヴァルキリーアナトミアのBGMを毎日チラ出ししていきます。(※但し、準備がちゃんと出来ればですけどねw)

VPでレナスを演じて頂いた冬馬由美さんには、今回、物語の語り部・・・ナレーションをやって頂きました。心にしみる声で、今作の世界観を感じてください。

Google translate:

From today until next Monday, the BGM of Valkyrie Anatomia that I had composed in Sakuraba's will continue to put out fliers every day. (※ However, But I ready is if you can properly w)

To Touma Yumi capped plays is Lenneth in the VP, this time, I was doing a storyteller ... narration of the story. In voice to try to mind, please feel the world of work now.

duckroll

Do we know where the fliers will be put out? It's sad that they had to compose music for the game based on Sakuraba's will. I didn't know he passed away. :(

Not sure what the second sentence is trying to say, but I will try to mind in voice.

Lime

Do we know where the fliers will be put out? It's sad that they had to compose music for the game based on Sakuraba's will. I didn't know he passed away. :(

Not sure what the second sentence is trying to say, but I will try to mind in voice.

:lol you should've seen the bing translation, it was even worse

Ralemont

not me
The hilarious monkey's paw of waiting years for another Valkyrie profile to have it possibly be on a mobile phone. Handheld? Enh, ok. Was hoping for console.

Tears. Sad sad tears of sadness.

I'm perfectly ok with it, since if it's on mobile I know I'll be able to play it.

Also holding out hope they are using this to revive interest in VP for a proper Hrist game. Either way, that battle footage looks promising. VP's combat would actually translate really well to a touch screen since it's just timing based.

Using Behave Irrationally in the trailer is unfair. Just hearing the song paints vivid pictures of scenes from the game. Makes me want to play it.

Looking forward to BGM being posted every day.

LuuKyK

I dont even care that this is mobile at this point. Lately I have played some pretty good mobile games actually (like Granblue Fantasy, Dragon Blaze) and I expect this to be very similar to those two. Of course I would love a new console game, but if this is what we can get, then be it.

Nyoro SF

While it's not a surprise to see gacha stockholm syndrome in full swing, at least the IP is now back in the public forefront. Looks like they're serious about its visibility.

Shouta

I hope it plays well is all really. It'd be pretty cool if I could play this on Vita like Chain Chronicle because I like having buttons in a VP game but tap should work too, heh.

Lime

I'm perfectly ok with it, since if it's on mobile I know I'll be able to play it.

Also holding out hope they are using this to revive interest in VP for a proper Hrist game. Either way, that battle footage looks promising. VP's combat would actually translate really well to a touch screen since it's just timing based.

From yesterday:

Is that a hint of Valkyrie Profile 3 in the works?
[laughs] I really want to make Valkyrie Profile 3! If SO5 is successful, I'd love to work on Valkyrie Profile 3 as soon as possible. But it's a challenge, for sure. Frankly, Valkyrie Profile 1 was a masterpiece, with a lot of unique story and system elements. Valkyrie Profile 2, however, was more like a traditional RPG, and it wasn't as successful. If we do create a new VP, we really need to figure out what users want out of it. Even if we make a Valkyrie Profile 3, we won't be able to make a great game without doing the proper research on what the fans would like. I've been constantly thinking about it.

Let me ask you: If there's a Valkyrie Profile 3, what kind of game would you like it to be?

Me?! Uh, well… do you, uh, want a nice big list of everything I want in a VP3? [laughs] Seriously, though, I love the game's non-traditional structure. I think one of my favorite things about the original Valkyrie Profile was learning about the world and its sorry state through the tragic stories of the Einherjar who Lenneth recruits. The whole game had such a unique, somber tone to it. You didn't get quite the same sense of sorrow in the second game.

Oh, I completely understand what you mean by that! Did you see the very last ending of Valkyrie Profile? Lenneth ascends to godhood, but I don't know what we can do after that. How to expand the story from there is boggling.

You've still got Hrist.

Yes, we do! [laughs] Well, the probability of another VP sequel happening would definitely increase should SO5 become a success!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1206014

RyoonZ

Banned
I hope it plays well is all really. It'd be pretty cool if I could play this on Vita like Chain Chronicle because I like having buttons in a VP game but tap should work too, heh.

A port begging mod? :p

Mayne they'll do something like they did with Rise of Mana... and end the service soonafter lol

Shouta

A port begging mod? :p

Mayne they'll do something like they did with Rise of Mana... and end the service soonafter lol

RIP Rise of Mana. It wasn't too bad of a game but it chugged battery pretty bad for me and touchscreen made it hard to play. =(

Aru

A new Valkyrie Profile is always good news. I loved the 3 previous entries. The only thing I ask is gamepad/Android TV compatibility.

I read this and freaked out. Then I read the source.

Then I laughed a laugh of relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom