• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TECMO: New Title Announcement March 24

weren't metreon stores being closed down?

i think it's that psp game or quantum theory. i doubt tecmo is gonna annunce a brand new ip (or game) in a shopping mall.

EDIT: actually, tecmo could be that dumb...

Zophar

NG2 Sigma makes the most sense. It's been about a year since the original came out, any kind of exclusivity period is probably expired.

It'd take a lot of bells and whistles and improvements to the coding to make the game actually good, though.

Jim

Neo-Sheperd said:
With this being a press invite and all, will the events that occur there be embargoed or you guys will be
allowed to go live with it as it happens ?

Embargo is up only an hour after the event, so you won't have to wait long.

Elios83

The official PS blog is linking to this story, which pretty much confirms that the announcement is at least related to PS platforms.

Zophar said:
NG2 Sigma makes the most sense. It's been about a year since the original came out, any kind of exclusivity period is probably expired.

It'd take a lot of bells and whistles and improvements to the coding to make the game actually good, though.
The thing is, I can't really see how it would make any kind of financial sense for Tecmo to make it PlayStation 3 exclusive.

And plus, NG2 was fantastic. I don't want to rely on a weak 'anyone who doesn't enjoy it doesn't get it' excuse so instead I'll say that anyone who doesn't enjoy it is just straight-up dumb.

Vinci

Danish
KevinCow said:
STOP FUCKING ANNOUNCING GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS. JUST ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING GAME.

Seriously, there is no good that comes from announcing game announcements. All it does is get people overly hyped up for something that will, nine times out of ten, not live up to that hype.

Whereas having an interesting looking game just kinda come out of fucking nowhere? THAT gets people excited about your game.

This x10,000.

Zophar

proposition said:
The thing is, I can't really see how it would make any kind of financial sense for Tecmo to make it PlayStation 3 exclusive.
You can just as well say the same thing for making it a 360 exclusive, which it already is.

And plus, NG2 was fantastic. I don't want to rely on a weak 'anyone who doesn't enjoy it doesn't get it' excuse so instead I'll say that anyone who doesn't enjoy it is just straight-up dumb.

Barebones, linear, repetitive, and buggy as hell. It pales in comparison to the sublime original.

ultim8p00

Banned
Does anyone remember Project Progressive? It's supposed to be Itagaki's response to Bayonetta, kind of, because it's supposed to redefine the action adventure genre or something. Apparently it was one of the 360 exclusives Itagaki was making along with Code Chronos and Ninja Gaiden 2, but I'm not sure what that means now. Supposedly, it has been in development for over three years, and it was roughly 80% complete before Itagaki quit, so there's some chance it could be Tecmo's project. It hasn't been announced yet, though it was leaked so it qualifies.

Here's some concept art from the game from IGN:

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

pp3.jpg

pp4.jpg

Dever

Banned
ultim8p00 said:
Does anyone remember Project Progressive? It's supposed to be Itagaki's response to Bayonetta, kind of, because it's supposed to redefine the action adventure genre or something. Apparently it was one of the 360 exclusives Itagaki was making along with Code Chronos and Ninja Gaiden 2, but I'm not sure what that means now. Supposedly, it has been in development for over three years, and it was roughly 80% complete before Itagaki quit, so there's some chance it could be Tecmo's project. It hasn't been announced yet, though it was leaked so it qualifies.

Here's some concept art from the game from IGN:

That.. looks pretty awesome. Now I'm going to be disappointed when the announcement isn't this.

Top Bottom