• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Cruz : "I dont know if sand can glow in the dark but we're going to find out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
How is this guy in this position of power? How is the republican party not kicking him the fuck out or denouncing his comments? Has everyone in that party conpletely lost their humanity? Hoe does no-one speak out about this fucking ridiculous emotion-fueled murderlust?

Feels like your entire country is going completely insane. I want Mitt Romney back.

FStubbs

I find it remarkable that Republicans have gotten so bad as to make me nostalgic for George W. Bush.

They've been this way for awhile now. The end game of the Southern Strategy. If anything George W. Bush deserves credit for holding them back.

gabbo

They've been this way for awhile now. The end game of the Southern Strategy. If anything George W. Bush deserves credit for holding them back.

He did play to them when it came to "Either you're with us or you're with the terrorists" matters. He made it pretty clear early on that was the case.

How is this guy in this position of power? How is the republican party not kicking him the fuck out or denouncing his comments? Has everyone in that party conpletely lost their humanity? Hoe does no-one speak out about this fucking ridiculous emotion-fueled murderlust?

Feels like your entire country is going completely insane. I want Mitt Romney back.

80% of Republican senators hate him more than they have ever hated any other senator, left or right or center.

But the right-wing media worships the ground on which this guy walks.

The establishment actually dislikes him. GW Bush told a private fundraiser crowd he can't stand the guy but no one can speak out because they need the base votes right now.

I honestly think Jeb Bush would have supported allowing refugees to come here. He even said something like that before, but he can't afford to sound weak so he backtracked and said Christian only as a compromise. But even that is considered too weak.

Has he been reading GAF? His strategy is seems to be somewhat similar to that 'possible nuke area' post. Yikes, this election cycle sure is something. You got Trump speaking about bombing family members and now this.
I wouldn't nuke them, too much political fallout but bombing all petroleum facilities and key infrastructure would be a good first step.

UberTag

I would really like the GOP to stop making ISIS recruitment videos.
The thing is... the Republicans NEED dictators and terrorist groups in order to keep Americans dumb and stupid enough to elect them. Cruz would carpet bomb them and then arm the remnants so they can terrorize some more when the next election cycle comes around.

dabig2

The thing is... the Republicans NEED dictators and terrorist groups in order to keep Americans dumb and stupid enough to elect them. Cruz would carpet bomb them and then arm the remnants so they can terrorize some more when the next election cycle comes around.

Military industrial complex needs an enemy for us to hate so it can make as much money as possible while rolling along. Such a brutal cycle.

I wouldn't nuke them, too much political fallout but bombing all petroleum facilities and key infrastructure would be a good first step.

That's pretty much what's being done now by Russia and the US coalition. What Cruz is talking about indiscriminate carpet bombing which doesn't make a lot of sense. Not to mention ISIL has prisoners in a lot of their locations.

Nutter

Was talking to my stepfather this very day about what happened and his response: "We should just nuke them all. The whole region. Every single one of them. It's the only way".

We gave that guy a hard time which he deserved sure, but his thinking is not unique, it's shared by, I would argue, a decent amount of people.

Because life, as long as its not your own countrymen is essentially worthless in this world. What people do not realize is that is essentially what feeds the fuckers into gaining more followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom