• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyin' Ted Cruz: 'Democrats are the party of the Ku Klux Klan'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Can someone explain how it's still legal to be allowed to be part of the KKK and so open about it? How can organization still exist

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Never forget

MeRtGIh.png

Dudes straight up spinless. Trump attacked his father, his wife. Wish this would be tweeted to him till the end of time.

Jedi2016

I was going to say that he's certifiable, but he's not the only one... this whole country is being run by certifiable lunatics.

They've been playing the "but the KKK were dems and we were invented by Lincoln!" card for ages and it's just going to be played even more going forwards. It doesn't matter that in reality what happened decades or even more than a century ago is completely irrelevant, and that the modern KKK exclusively supports the GOP, and that all of the "southern pride!" Confederate flag wavers are all Republicans, all that matters is that they can shout out those two useless facts followed by "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU" and feel good about themselves.

Slayven

You would think if they didn't want to be labeled racist, they would stop being racist and doing racist shit. But it is easier to project

Can someone explain how it's still legal to be allowed to be part of the KKK and so open about it? How can organization still exist

The USA doesn't have the kind of restrictions on free speech that would outlaw it in some other countries, like mine. I think there is even an American nazi party?

They've been playing the "but the KKK were dems and we were invented by Lincoln!" card for ages and it's just going to be played even more going forwards. It doesn't matter that in reality what happened decades or even more than a century ago is completely irrelevant, and that the modern KKK exclusively supports the GOP, and that all of the "southern pride!" Confederate flag wavers are all Republicans, all that matters is that they can shout out those two useless facts followed by "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU" and feel good about themselves.
If you listen to right wing radio, they inundate their audience with this crap. Constantly.

ICO_SotC

According to Republicans:

Every racial minority are truly the racist ones
LBGT people are truly the intolerant ones
Women are truly the sexist ones

The fact that this still passes for legitimate political thought kind of says it all.

Saganator

I hate how Republicans so blatantly get away with ignoring Republican and Democrats basically changed sides w/ the southern strategy decades ago.

I hate how Republicans so blatantly get away with ignoring Republican and Democrats basically changed sides w/ the southern strategy decades ago.
The only history that counts is the one that benefits them. Just like the only climate science that counts is the stuff that confirms their position

Dudes straight up spinless. Trump attacked his father, his wife. Wish this would be tweeted to him till the end of time.

The things that musta been said between him and his people and the prez and his people...

I mean, I can understand admitting defeat and saying a few endorsements at crucial times, but this dude is WHIPPED like no other rival from the primaries are, and he was the second strongest showing!

Lmao this is the argument brain dead dumbass shit posters on Reddit and Facebook make. The former GOP chairman literally apologized and acknowledged the Southern Strategy, and yet here Ted is, refusing to acknowledge history. Though as has been mentioned already, this isn't intended for us. This is red meat for the aforementioned shit posters.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The things that musta been said between him and his people and the prez and his people...

I mean, I can understand admitting defeat and saying a few endorsements at crucial times, but this dude is WHIPPED like no other rival from the primaries are, and he was the second strongest showing!

Just conjecture, but I recall reading that Cruz's father is a particularly crazy evangelical who thought that Cruz was literally some kind of chosen one. Going to make America a proper theocracy.

I kind of wonder if Cruz bought into it, and when a gross, craven, godless gold lover like Trump beat him, it legitimately broke him. And now he's desperate to hold on to whatever political future he can, to help him imagine he'll still find a way to play a crucial role one day.

Maybe Trump did threaten him with political destruction.

Kyzer

Banned
Nope. Democrats used to be the racist party. Then the southern strategy happened, GOP appealed to racists to gain their vote, and jfk reached out to caretta scott king when mlk jr was in jail , mlk saying the black community would hold the democratic party accountable for their promises and the rest is history. Literally a black man led the democratic party and became president recently? Pretty sure

D i Z

Ted absolutely loves this shit. He lives to be complete ass-slime.

Everyone should get used to the population regressing in values and shrinking from the ownership of these ugly prejudices and the lies that keep them safe. It's not going to get better with these people. They are looking for absolution from it all, not to embrace it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What is it with these people with projection?

They constantly project their worst traits onto others.

They're insecure bullies. They know they're lying and screwing people over to get ahead and they're afraid of being called out on it. A reason why they clutch their pearls and get the vapors when somebody actually calls one of them a racist.

So they point their fingers at everybody else and accuse those persons of being everything they are, hoping it stops onlookers from examining them too closely.

Aurongel

An odd statement considering that David Duke certainly wasn't the most ardent Hillary supporter and I don't think his ideals differ much from the typical southern white man from a century ago.

This is just food for his base, nothing more.

caliph95

Honestly ignoring the fact the Republicans then while wouldn't be as progressive as modern times would be the equivalent of Democrats at least on the political spectrum, correct if i'm wrong.

Does any minority or liberals buy this bullshit because even people who are ignorant with history wouldn't give a shit and only look at how the democrats represents their current beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom