• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles new character design.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Black April O'Neil... wut?! Why?!

NahaNago

Covered in the article in the original post.
Yeah, they really need to promote that, since to most folks April O'Neil was always a redhead white lady. Otherwise just tons of controversy. I think there was even controversy over Megan Fox's non red hairedness. The turtle's look hideous as well but I guess they are going for a more family weapon friendly goofy looking bunch.

Yeah, they really need to promote that, since to most folks April O'Neil was always a redhead white lady. Otherwise just tons of controversy. I think there was even controversy over Megan Fox's non red hairedness. The turtle's look hideous as well but I guess they are going for a more family weapon friendly goofy looking bunch.

I mean, it's a detail that is in the personal life of the TMNT's creator's personal life. There's nothing controversial about it. If anything, there should have been a controversy concerning April being made more white so that she and the turtles would be more marketable, but who is ready to have that conversation?

pNFpGSF.jpg

No, he said: "It's NOT like it HAS been done before." They say variety is the spice of life. Maybe black April will be cool. It comes off as very "We're progressive too, honest!" though.
If someone is bothered just because they made April black, that's on them for being triggered since this is nothing new.

Jon Neu

Banned
The black chick is supposed to be April? And it's the only good looking one of them all.

Kill all this with fire.

jadedm17

I take back my hate for Bay's movie turtles : I still really really really hate them, but I didn't think we could get worse. These are definitely worse.

Im stunned tmnt is still a thing..

Better : TMNT is one of /THE/ things.

Walk around Target (or Walmart) and there's several main properties you can't escape : Star Wars, Disney Princess, Marvel and TMNT to name a few.

Of those properties you can buy everything you need from wallpaper, bath towels, toothbrushes, pillows, toys, art, rugs and more.

This cold world has made me jaded but I have to say it warms my heart that at almost 30 years of loving TMNT that the generations after me are enjoying it as much as I am.

Last edited:
They've had a black April before?
As stated in the article:
As those familiar with the original black and white Mirage comics by TMNT creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, the ethnicity in the comics was rather ambiguous but considering the character was based on Eastman’s African-American girlfriend at the time and the coloring in certain issues, it seems that April O’Neil was intended to be black.

Lokimaru

Looks like the same kind of shit that got us Wolverine and the X-men. Let's make the rebel guy the leader and the leader guy the rebel. Ugh. TMNTINO. This after Neterealm nailed the Turtles so well.

Top Bottom