• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
thetrin said:
Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_4_Turtles_in_Time_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Hyperstone Heist copies stages from Turtles in Time and adds a couple of its own.

no, i don't mean it was called JUST "turtles in time" (though it certainly read that way; fuuuuck), just that your post seemed to imply that it was JUST called "TURTLES IV," which was wrong. but here i am clearly the fool, srry srry srry about that mang

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
beelzebozo said:
no, i don't mean it was called JUST "turtles in time" (though it certainly read that way; fuuuuck), just that your post seemed to imply that it was JUST called "TURTLES IV," which was wrong. but here i am clearly the fool, srry srry srry about that mang

:lol

I wasn't implying that. I just meant the numbers were only in the console ports.

So yeah. Shredder POV :(

Struct09

GQman2121 said:
So are you saying that you don't believe the rumor that I'm attempting to start right now, that Casey Jones and Splinter are playable exclusive characters in the PSN version?

What?!? I thought Sony wasn't in the business of moneyhatting. Someone start a thread.

ZeoVGM

Banned
If they REALLY love us, they would make this a 3D remake that mixes all the sages from TiT Arcade, TiT SNES, and Hyperstone Heist. :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
omg rite said:
If they REALLY love us, they would make this a 3D remake that mixes all the sages from TiT Arcade, TiT SNES, and Hyperstone Heist. :D

Indeed.

The extra stages from Hyperstone, the animation and Prehistoric Turtlesaurus boss of the arcade, and all the awesome changes from the SNES version...in one delicious turtle soup.

Foil

That looks great. I'm loving XBLA lately. This plus Perfect Dark XBLA being leaked is just awesome. I put so many hours into this game on the SNES.

If you guys want the original look they'll likely put that on the VC, so relax.

Bozon-IGN said:
Next up, Simpsons Arcade and X-men Arcade? If only...

It's odd that XBLA hasn't got X-Men or The Simpsons yet. TMNT did really well.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Zeliard said:
2ijtan9.jpg

Some people don't like the look of this? :(

Being a purist is cool and all, but 2D -> 3D isn't always bad.
Eh, it's a cartoon based game and this has the generic "next gen" remove all color from color filter over it.

Hell, I'm surprised the foot soldiers aren't just brown and gray.

RavenFox

Banned
MobiusPigeon said:
wow psn/ps3 owners must be feeling like
590112221_l.jpg
:lol
Brother you nailed it. WTFFF KONAMIIII ARRRRRRRGH. Also make sure the original is in there when it finally hits PSN[I pray] dont like this poly remake to much. Hope its just as nimble as the original.

Struct09

omg rite said:

I wouldn't be able to handle the awesomeness

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
SWEET JESUS YES.

My most-played and favorite SNES game / arcade beat 'em up ever, hell, even more than Super Metroid.

I can't recall how bad I wanted them to put this on XBLA after they put the first one up on there - and it's actually happening - even though it's in 3D! :D

Now THIS is news to come back home to after a nice, hot & sunny day in the city!

And with the same music too no less - even as a kid I'd just go to the sound test and listen to the music without actually playing the game...

I hope the SNES version is unlockable in its 2D glory - damn I love XBLA! :D

Princess Skittles said:
Eh, it's a cartoon based game and this has the generic "next gen" remove all color from color filter over it.

So the bright orange, purple and blues aren't colours?

Blizzard

Banned
Princess Skittles said:

You say that about a picture with a purple ninja, an orange and green turtle, and vibrantly colored graffiti. =P

kurahadol

Blizzard said:
If you're suggesting this girl is NOT attractive and you are straight, then I suggest you report for reprogramming. If you're making fun of people who don't find Jessica Simpson attractive, then eh, I hardly even know who Jessica Simpson is. =P
No, I'm suggesting that only someone on gaf (sup sharp knees) would claim that Jessica Simpson is not attractive. Even if you don't know who she is, a quick google image search will fix that right up.

LCfiner

Princess Skittles said:

... it looks like a shitty cell phone pic off a screen. making a judgment on color saturation is premature.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The graphics look great. I'm questioning if the 2D "switch in-game" option will be available like I originally thought. Those are pretty good 3D graphics.

plz be a mix mash of all the stages.

thetrin

Zeliard said:
2ijtan9.jpg

My only problem is the GUI. I'm not a fan of what they're doing with that health bar.

GQman2121

Banned
Zeliard said:
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2ijtan9.jpg

What would really blow everyone away, would be if Mike cut a right and walked up that ally! Then we would really have something to bitch about........

Princess Skittles said:

blind man confirmed. WTF.

Eww, I'm not a fan of the art style of the 3D remake. If they're not adding anything new aside from a visual makeover, I'd rather have it on Virtual Console (SNES and the arcade version please :D)

Zeliard said:
2ijtan9.jpg

When you're translating something 2D to 3D, it usually is. For something to look "right" in 3D, there's a lot of rules that have to be followed in terms of lighting, animation, how an object is portrayed in 3D space...

These rules don't have to apply to 2D.

It's not so much as being a purist and wanting to see the game in its original format, its a matter of...

Does this game really need to be in 3D? Is there any benefits to it being in 3D? Wasn't the original 2D game functional enough? Sure, it portrayed events in a psuedo-3D space, but it didn't need to be remade in 3D, did it? There was nothing wrong with it in its current format.

In bringing the game to 3D, you introduce a lot of potential problems, in terms of a different art style, how this effects gameplay, collision detection, etc.

I'd be more excited for "Turtles in Time HD Remix" than "Turtles in Time 3D Remix".

Zeliard

Sega1991 said:
When you're translating something 2D to 3D, it usually is. For something to look "right" in 3D, there's a lot of rules that have to be followed in terms of lighting, animation, how an object is portrayed in 3D space...

It's not so much as being a purist and wanting to see the game in its original format, its a matter of...

Does this game really need to be in 3D? Is there any benefits to it being in 3D? Wasn't the original 2D game functional enough? Sure, it portrayed events in a psuedo-3D space, but it didn't need to be remade in 3D, did it? There was nothing wrong with it in its current format.

In bringing the game to 3D, you introduce a lot of potential problems, in terms of a different art style, how this effects gameplay, collision detection, etc.

I'd be more excited for "Turtles in Time HD Remix" than "Turtles in Time 3D Remix".

Points taken.

Remains to be seen how it looks in motion, really. I can't imagine they'd make the switch to 3D without taking all of that into consideration.

The reason they changed it to 3D has to be pretty much solely for the visual impact, but I suppose the end result of that is all subjective. I liked what I saw from that one image, as the change is both modern and striking yet keeps a coherent look and still effectively appeals to nostalgia.

Sega1991 said:

SF4 did it fine and so will this. you and TakeOutBandit man. aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. so you'd rather have something like kofxii with crap animation? bo bo bo its hand drawn in HD! junk is what it is.

MobiusPigeon said:
SF4 did it fine and so will this. you and TakeOutBandit man. aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. so you'd rather have something like kofxii with crap animation? bo bo bo its hand drawn in HD! junk is what it is.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Pai Pai Master said:
So the bright orange, purple and blues aren't colours?
Bright? I see dull, washed out brown-orange, brown-purple and brown-blue.

As opposed to the beautiful, candy colored screenshot of the original game Sega1991 posted.

Mrbob

omg rite said:
Guys, this is most likely being done like many other arcade ports: with the option to go back and forth between 2D and 3D through the options screen on the title screen or on the fly in the pause screen.

Meaning I think it will be like most arcade ports in that you have the option to "skin" the game with the new 3D graphics.

And because of that, it will NOT include any of the SNES exclusive stages. Because otherwise, they would need to mix in those SNES stages with the arcade stage, both of which are different graphically (not enough, but they are from what I remember) and the sound qualtiy is different on both.

So I'm 95% positive it's a straight up port with the ability to skin the game in 3D (or rather skin it in 2D -- 3D will probably be the default).

I kind of hope I'm wrong that it's a full 3D remake mixing the two games (which would most liekly mean no 2D option, sadly).

Yeah I think you are right, which makes this version a bit disappointing for me.

I want the SNES version instead of the arcade version. I'll still pick it up at 800 points or less though.

Princess Skittles said:
Bright? I see dull, washed out brown-orange, brown-purple and brown-blue.

As opposed to the beautiful, candy colored screenshot of the original game Sega1991 posted.

The 3D version is also a photo taken off of a TV screen, which has a tendency to wash colors out.

thetrin

Little Green Yoda said:
Fucking amazing game. But I see no reason to buy this since my SNES copy works perfectly. :lol

The SNES version doesn't have 4 player.

For the 2d only crew, you can play that game right now. Hell, it might even be in the remake package. Who knows. An HD remake woud essentially be pointless. It was pretty high quality 2d back then, theres no justifying the cost or niche target of doing a 2d HD re-draw.

For the rest of us, the chance to see all these awesome retro Turtles characters from the 90's show in an awesome 3d brawler? Yes, sweet merciful yes. Characters like Baxter the fly, Krang and Leatherhead have been long since forgotten from modern day iterations and never seen in 3d. If this game does shit-tons awesome, maybe it will show the powers-that-be that this was the universe that most Turtles fans know, love and support.

Seeing the old cartoon's Shredder design right there on the menu, and the rainbow coloured robotic foot-soldiers is proof enough the game will retain most of it's awesome style.

thetrin

SecretBonusPoint said:
For the 2d only crew, you can play that game right now. Hell, it might even be in the remake package. Who knows. An HD remake woud essentially be pointless. It was pretty high quality 2d back then, theres no justifying the cost or niche target of doing a 2d HD re-draw.

For the rest of us, the chance to see all these awesome retro Turtles characters from the 90's show in an awesome 3d brawler? Yes, sweet merciful yes. Characters like Baxter the fly, Krang and Leatherhead have been long since forgotten from modern day iterations and never seen in 3d. If this game does shit-tons awesome, maybe it will show the powers-that-be that this was the universe that most Turtles fans know, love and support.

Seeing the old cartoon's Shredder design right there on the menu, and the rainbow coloured robotic foot-soldiers is proof enough the game will retain most of it's awesome style.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Top Bottom