• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

Teknoman

Seriously, take this, the music, and imagine it in 3d+HD with 4 player online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twpdf0HF3gI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXiQBAWeP2o&feature=related

turtles-iv-neon-nightridersjpg.png

Azure J

I just had an epiphany here guys.

Super Shredder theme remixed. Oh maaaaaaan, I think this is the news of the gen right here. Only thing topping this for me personally is a Jet Set Radio 3. Capwho? Bow down to Konami & Megaman bitch :lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I would have much preferred a 2D-remake but that's just personal preference.

This is seriously great news, though. I wish Konami would give us some infoz now that the news is out there.

GhaleonQ

Since it's incredibly likely that we're stuck with the arcade version, we should answer a question for which we have all of the information. Some people prefer the arcade version or Hyperstone Heist to the SNES one? I demand reasons! Something about Slash, 4 players, and some douche (sorry, Turtles gets me vitriolic) making assumptions about the throw system? I don't even know you anymore, NeoGAF.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
As long as it plays like the original then I am all for the new graphical style.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Barakov said:
Excellent. Weird that it's only XBLA right now. Nevermind, it's not that weird actually.
than why do the title say Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA / PSN / WiiWare?

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Windu said:
Read the OP again.
They say they mught be a wiiware but they don't talk about a PSN Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake coming. only XBLA. they need to take PSN out of the title .

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SuperEnemyCrab said:
The original NES game is....

...not the same game...and not as good...

Corran Horn said:
TURRRTLLEEESSSS. While they are at it. Remake TMNT2 arcade game!

There's already a port of TMNT2 on XBLA, and honestly, it's really not as good as Turtles in Time.

I'd rather they remake X-Men and Simpsons.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That's kinda cool, but I'd be completely thrilled just getting VC releases of TMNT II, III and Turtles in Time. That should be incredibly easy to do.

smik

WTF! AWESOME!

Came out of nowhere DAY 1 sale for me, something for me and my son to play im mega hyped :p

TreIII

This was nice to come home to, after a bad day at work! :D

Still, if they're going through this much trouble, I REALLY hope they add more to package deal. I mean, if it was just going to be the original arcade port (with changed music and natch), they could have just stuck with the 2D visuals that worked so well.

TheDayday

Neo Member
Yaaaaahhhhhoooooo!!!

Is there a release date??? This is effin' right up there with Streets of Rage IMHO when it comes to GOAT beat 'em ups. I can't even remember how many quarters this stole from me growing up.

I just hope they will also have the original 2D version available also for nostalgia's sake.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Guybrush Threepwood said:
Ugh, the graphics are terrible.

Could you imagine how great this game would look in HD 2D?

I don't know. I don't think there's a company out there that would ever put enough effort into an HD sprite remake of Turtles in Time that would satisfy me. Except Vanillaware.

And we all know they're not making this.

HorribleJames said:
so they took away the cool sprites and replaced them with shitty polygons? YAY!

I don't see how you can look at that photo and say the polygons look shitty.

thetrin said:
I don't know. I don't think there's a company out there that would ever put enough effort into an HD sprite remake of Turtles in Time that would satisfy me. Except Vanillaware.

And we all know they're not making this.

I don't see how you can look at that photo and say the polygons look shitty.

actually, yes. any decent hand drawn animation is always going to look better than half assed mediocre 3D. that's why sprite games on SNES hold up now and 3D games from previous gens do not.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
What if they added some graphics filters ala Capcom's PC release of SF4?

Maybe one called "Comic Book"..............???
Funny you should mention that because the SNES version has the option to choose between animation or comic (which is darker skin tone with completely white eyes).

Zeliard

HorribleJames said:
actually, yes. any decent hand drawn animation is always going to look better than half assed mediocre 3D. that's why sprite games on SNES hold up now and 3D games from previous gens do not.

And how well do those SNES games hold up on an HDTV?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Honestly, I think XBLA is going have to be counted as its own system soon. Just too much awesomeness

My response to my first ever SNES game getting redone for XBLA <3 <3 <3.
ngoaap.gif

Honestly if they can some how get Predator vs Alien, Simpsons, Die Hard Arcade, and Xmen to XBLA. I'll definitely say its the greatest system ever.

MobiusPigeon said:
SF4 did it fine and so will this. you and TakeOutBandit man. aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. so you'd rather have something like kofxii with crap animation? bo bo bo its hand drawn in HD! junk is what it is.

You really don't know much about modern 2D sprite design do you?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
2D graphics are awesome, and the best 2D animated stuff is truly timeless. But I really fail to see, considering the quality of the screens we've got so far, how these graphics can be described as ugly, half-arsed, mediocre, dull, drab, lifeless, terrible and all the other knee-jerk opinions levelled towards this - from what we have so far they look pretty good, and there are actual screenshots to be waiting for too. It's absolutely much more fun to look at than if they had based it on the newer Ninja Turtles look at least.

Honestly, I wish that 4-player Wii TMNT fighting game was in this style.

teiresias

Thank goodness Sony worked so hard to get the exclusive MvsC2 demo rather than this. It's obvious they know where their real priorities should be.

SovanJedi said:
2D graphics are awesome, and the best 2D animated stuff is truly timeless. But I really fail to see, considering the quality of the screens we've got so far, how these graphics can be described as ugly, half-arsed, mediocre, dull, drab, lifeless, terrible and all the other knee-jerk opinions levelled towards this - from what we have so far they look pretty good, and there are actual screenshots to be waiting for too. It's absolutely much more fun to look at than if they had based it on the newer Ninja Turtles look at least.

Honestly, I wish that 4-player Wii TMNT fighting game was in this style.

I don't think they look "bad" at all. They look kind of nice. But I just feel that if you're doing a beat-em-up especially one based off of a cartoon show 3D just doesn't mesh well, for me at least.

thetrin

HorribleJames said:

You do realize how expensive and time-consuming "decent" hand drawn animation is right?

Zeliard

Don't you guys want to wait until you see it in motion first?

These types of games don't have many options when it comes to porting them or remaking them for an HD console. Go "play" the MvC2 demo on an HDTV with no filters. It's hideous, but some also think the filters are shit, and others are disappointed it didn't get an HD Remix. With SSF2HDR, people complained about the new sprites. With SFIV and Turtles, it's complaints about 3D. Seems like a lose-lose situation.

nyprimus2

shintoki said:
Honestly, I think XBLA is going have to be counted as its own system soon. Just too much awesomeness

My response to my first ever SNES game getting redone for XBLA <3 <3 <3.
ngoaap.gif

Honestly if they can some how get Predator vs Alien, Simpsons, Die Hard Arcade, and Xmen to XBLA. I'll definitely say its the greatest system ever.
Give me The Simpons and X-Men arcade games with 4 player local and online co-op, that's all I need. (to go along with MvC2 and this)

TreIII

thetrin said:
You do realize how expensive and time-consuming "decent" hand drawn animation is right?

It's not so much that 2D is THAT much more in the way of being "expensive" or "time-consuming", so much that it IS a thing of just having the talent available. That is where the costs really come in.

There isn't exactly a plethora of 2D artists out there, because 3D art design dominates this industry, and the up and coming art talent has focused on meeting that industry's demands. This is why even the likes of D3 can snap up small-time 3D developers to make their Simple 2000 series; they're all over the place, and they're willing to work for peanuts, if that's the case. Meanwhile the likes of SNK, WayForward and ASW have to save up plenty of time and money, as well as find the right people, to get new 2D artists on board for their works.

If it weren't for the fact that 3D is the dominating force that it is, we probably would have more art talent to go around for both sides. But that's now how things are.

Top Bottom