• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 - Lucky Chloe revealed

Chindogg

Welp I'm entertained.

A game with multiple robots, playboys, military types, demons, angels, schoolgirls, farting bears, boxing kangaroos, dinosaurs, and a block of wood is going too far when they add an idol to the roster.

This is truly the best day.

PS: her moveset looks obnoxious as hell. A certified asshole character. I'll probably main her just to make other people mad.

Totally agree. Tekken has always been over-the-top in both characters and plot, but I always felt it had international appeal. The characters represented a fairly wide range of cultures and countries. Anna and Nina were sexy vamps, but not in an anime way. But characters like Chloe, Alisa, and Lars show that the Tekken team are becoming more focused on their Japanese audience (and the team's own cultural interests), at the expense of Tekken's aesthetic.
Those heavily cultured characters are still being made. Katarina is like the 6th hispanic/latino character in this series. That arab character that was shown in concept art is still up in the air. I have a feeling we will still get a diverse roster like past games.

ShinMaruku

Welp I'm entertained.

A game with multiple robots, playboys, military types, demons, angels, schoolgirls, farting bears, boxing kangaroos, dinosaurs, and a block of wood is going too far when they add an idol to the roster.

PS: her moveset looks obnoxious as hell. A certified asshole character. I'll probably main her just to make other people mad.

That is what I was saying. I thought the Square trolling was master trolling but this is quite something else. XD

LowParry

What would you find more offensive? An Idol character or another animal character? I'm okay with the fighting bear or kangaroo. This new Idol character will just be another character to learn and use against those that refuse to play her. Stay free.

raven777

06_luckycloeimage04.jpg

Is this Yusuke Kozaki's art?

While I don't mind this character alI that much, I am a bit dissapointed that Namco brought Kozaki Yusuke on board to design this type of character. He's capable of creating someone so much more awesome and badass. Just a small sample of some of his awesome female designs from No More Heroes 1 and 2.

kJoiY79.jpg

Those heavily cultured characters are still being made. Katarina is like the 6th hispanic/latino character in this series. That arab character that was shown in concept art is still up in the air. I have a feeling we will still get a diverse roster like past games.

Oh sure, they're not going to slash all the old characters, and there's a couple new ones (though IMO sloppy designs). But there's a definite tonal shift going on since T6, and it clashes with the long-established Tekken aesthetic. It's not like I'm going to stop playing over this, but I'm disappointed in the direction this series is taking.

Can we please get a Wing Chun fighter or something at least.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
New waifu to add to the list

erawsd

Seems I'm through with Tekken for good. Vampires, Barby dolls? After Tekken 6 they have lost me and this doesn't want me to come back. Was a fun time, played since Tekken 1, but it's time to put it to rest. =/

I dont like the actual designs but I dont think the archetypes are far fetched for the series. Tekken's always had a strange and ecletic roster. Theres devils, angels, zombies, bears, terminatiors, kangeroos and a log of wood.

Athena predates KOF by some time though. And how she looks now is tame to her first incarnation.

Goddess Athena ≠ Athena Asamiya. They're not the same character.

I still cry at night from what they did to her. ;_;

What exactly did they do again other than reference her Psycho Soldier look? Athena looks fine, hell better in fact! On top of that they did the same to Kensou too. Terry also went back to pre-Garou outfit and Ralf & Clark went back to their Ikari Warriors look.

Don't cry though, I embrace those thighs with all my heart!

BossRush

This is really just a case of different tastes for different cultures. Japan loves that idol shit, so it makes sense.

GorillaJu

I have no problem with characters being cute or whatever, Xiaoyu for example is a 'kawaii' type character, but everything down to the name with this character is infuriatingly 'Un-Tekken.' It's total brand name dilution.

This is really just a case of different tastes for different cultures. Japan loves that idol shit, so it makes sense.

Japan as a whole doesn't love this kind of thing. I think it's more that the group of people who love it are very willing to pay for it, and that's important for financial success.

jurgen

I haven't played this series since Tekken 5. Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here, but does anyone else feel like this new character looks like a palette swap for Christie Monteiro with some trolling anime poses thrown in?

This series has just gone bizarre since I left.

Ivan 3414

Welp I'm entertained.

There's nothing wrong with wacky or unrealistic characters, especially considering all these characters are all appropriately aggressive, and yes that includes Xiaoyu.

This idol character looks completely docile and adorable to a fault, and as a result looks ridiculous compared to the rest of the roster.

Kikujiro

Awful, her design is atrocious.

Xiaoyu and Athena (pre-KoFXIII) looks at least normal person wearing believable clothes.

Is she supposed to be some weeaboo type of character?

Fighting style looks a bit like Lili's. I assume they will become rivals or friends, or something to that degree.

IvorB

Just when I thought Tekken couldn't sink any lower in my estimation Namco manages to amaze me again. WTF????

Top Bottom