• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution spotted on Australia ratings website

Dereck

h73G6VU.png
lol

synce

Good point about there being an arcade version first, but the fact it's multiplatform practically rules out handhelds IMO. I can only assume it's a super/ultimate re-release of TTT2 that will come to arcades shortly before consoles or simultaneously.

I'm just thinking back to a tweet from Harada telling someone not to lose hope over a certain character appearing in a Tekken game

Sandfox

TTT2 sold decently in a crowded market. Tekken: Dark Resurrection was a huge hit on PSP. I think TTT2 would resonate well with the Vita crowd.

Most of the Tekken money comes from arcades(which from what I've heard hasn't been doing to well recently) and on the console front it might end up being one of if not the worst selling game in the series(though to be fair the console version sales seem to be in decline). Its selling worse than SFxT according to Bamco. I see Tekken 7 happening before a TTT2 port.

Harada did say that after making TTT2, he didn't see much of a point in continuing to make 2 different games, one with and one without tag teams. I could see them continuing the series with a new name and both tag team and one on one fighting. Or they could just call it Tekken 7.

Rlan

Harada seems to be saying that it's a new version of the card game:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/324093457993961473
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/324094444041273344

Which is weird because A) the card game just came out, and B) you don't have to rate phone games in Australia. Is Harada just saving face?

Maybe it's a Tekken Card Game for XBLA and PSN? I mean Magic: The Gathering has done extremely well on XBLA. Maybe the Tekken Card Game on iOS is coming to everything? Could be XBLA, PSN, Vita, 3DS...

Top Bottom