• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell GAF about your home town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
methane47 said:
St. Maarten/Saint Martin
The island I was born, raised and still live.
stmaarten.jpg

a small 37 miles^2 island with 37 beachs.. and is in the top 5 tourist destinations in the Caribbean.
st-maarten.jpg

Its the smallest land mass in the world to be separated by two Countries (Half French, Half Dutch) official population total of about 80k (without illegals and tourists)

It is also the home of the infamous Most dangerous Airport in the world (Princess Juliana Airport) where the runway is just feet away from the beach.
1252724.jpg

St-Maarten.jpg

night.jpg

Also home to (supposedly) the largest outdoor club in the Caribbean BLISS
n59053894738_2022961_3968.jpg

92707484.pOio5pWb.St_Maarten013.jpg
HOLY.FUCK. O_O

Harrisburg, PA. Uh, it's the capital. Not much else really. Crappy weather, stupid people, bad traffic. There is a lot of bars around here. People like to drink in the burg.

I live in the giant turd that is also known as Hackney, which is a borough in London. Unfortunately, London has many turd boroughs like Hackney, however tourists only tend to see the less smellier turds of London, so they go away not remembering the smell.

I still do not know, to this day, how London became Olympic hosts.

Hackney:
= absolutely poor public transport. No Underground stations, despite it being part of inner London.
= Some of the worst schools in the country
= High crime rate
= They say it's multicultural, but it's pretty much more like ethnic segregation.
= There is more rubbish on the streets than in the bins
= Housing is pretty much council flats.

It truly is a hole.

arena08

Dudley, England.

Dudley-Castle-cb03607.jpg

It has a decaying castle, surrounded by a decaying zoo, surrounded by a decaying town.

According to Wiki...
It is the 19th largest settlement in England, measured by Urban Sub-Area, the second largest town in the United Kingdom, behind Reading and the largest settlement in the UK without its own university.

The oldest condoms found (rather than just pictures or descriptions) were discovered in Dudley Castle and date from 1640.

The 2002 Dudley earthquake was an earthquake registering 4.7 on the Richter scale and lasted approximately 20 seconds. It was the largest earthquake to hit the UK for over 12 years since the 1990 Bishop's Castle earthquake.

Dudley Tunnel is a canal tunnel on the Dudley Canal Line No 1, England. At about 3,172 yards (2,900.5 m) long, it is now the second longest canal tunnel on the UK canal network today.

Notable people
Sam Allardyce (1954 - ) - footballer and football manager
Noddy Holder (1948 - ) - musician

and of course

Lenny_Henry_08.aspx

Edit: if you didn't get it... Dudley is rubbish.

God's Beard said:
I live in Pismo Beach right now and everybody hates the fucking Bakos. Sorry bro, somebody had to break in to you. We know it's you by the way you read the menus in the restaurant windows.

I'm from Bakersfield too. And I can vouch that the only reason people from Bakersfield visit is to feel better about being from Bako. Fuck Pismo. The only place worse than Pismo is Ventura.

I live in Santa Barbara now and it's on fire.

Fritz

Celle - the centerfold of medieval European cities

07-Haeuserfront-Celle.jpg

It's small, 90.000 citizens, but people are decent, lots of potential. Incredibly cultured for such a small town. Celle is also known to be the only German city without any kind of dialect. The last peasant speaks high German there. And the girls grow smokin hot as well.
Well, I used to spent my weekends in Hamburg or Berlin anyway, and moved to the latter as soon as possible. Always love to come back though.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Vox-Pop said:
The Valley (LA)--Yeah, I want to go somewhere else.

Hey, that's where I live right now!

Hometown -

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE BABY! Represent the southern white trash!

nashville.gif

nashville-skyline-11.jpg

Ahh, the downtown Nashville skyline. You see the tallest building on the left? That's the bellsouth tower, otherwise known as the Batman Building. That's right, a building devoted to Batman.

btbatmanam2.jpg

I mean, check out that mean ass looking building. Downtown Nashville has Batman!

GoddamnBatman.jpg

Other things worth noting . . .

The Parthenon
nashville.jpg

Union Station
UnionStation.jpg

Tennessee Titans
tennessee_titans.jpg

Country Music
johnny-cash-finger-2.jpg

And tools like these that like country music. The south will rise again!!
Stagecoach+California+Country+Music+Festival+VZJaRWmwkqwl.jpg

Okay, ya'll have a good one, ya hear??

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Paraparaumu New Zealand

A butthole town that is the fastest growing place in NZ (or was, whatever) it's close to wellington and is on the sea opposite the Kapati island. NZs largest animal reserve (pretty much birds only)

Airport_overhead.jpg

It's a shit hole but I learned to fly planes there before getting the FUCK OUT.

madara

Wisconsin Illinois border town. None of crap that big cities bring yet Milwaukee is 20 minutes and Chicago is hour away if needed. Growing up was awesome in this small village of 3200 at the time. You had alot woods and spooky land around a fairly original developing suburb at the time. It was not unusual to see 20 plus kids of all ages hanging out and playing hide and seek, building tree forts, Rockadoc, Round Robin, racing around the block and tons of other old school outdoor activities. Getting on the bike and crossing main street to buy 1 cent candy at Ben Franklin was the highlight of alot of summers as was surviving haunted dead ends and railroad tracks. Milkweed, foxes, frogs and snakes use to be all over back then as well as the girl or guy next door you had a crush on. Now its nearly all gone to cookie cutter development, alot of gas stations and strip malls, glad I lived when I did.

madara said:
Wisconsin Illinois border town. None of crap that big cities bring yet Milwaukee is 20 minutes and Chicago is hour away if needed. Growing up was awesome in this small village of 3200 at the time. You had alot woods and spooky land around a fairly original developing suburb at the time. It was not unusual to see 20 plus kids of all ages hanging out and playing hide and seek, building tree forts, Rockadoc, Round Robin, racing around the block and tons of other old school outdoor activities. Getting on the bike and crossing main street to buy 1 cent candy at Ben Franklin was the highlight of alot of summers as was surviving haunted dead ends and railroad tracks. Milkweed, foxes, frogs and snakes use to be all over back then as well as the girl or guy next door you had a crush on. Now its nearly all gone to cookie cutter development, alot of gas stations and strip malls, glad I lived when I did.

I guess.... Antioch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom