• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell me of a classic Holiday Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching The Muppet Christmas Carol starring Michael Caine and Kermit the Frog!

Muppet_christmas_carol.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Muppet_Christmas_Carol

What is your classic movie during the Holiday season?

rtcn63

Family_man_movie.jpg

Cage, Leoni, Cheadle as the er... fantastical person of color who goes It's a Wonderful Life on Cage. Never realized that until recently, haven't watched it in a few years.

There are so many, but I'll give you one that's hardly ever on peoples Christmas movie lists even though it should be.

Trading-Places-Cover.jpg

Edit: To the people below me who posted the same, fuck yeah. Really, whenever I google Christmas movies and/or look at lists, this almost never gets a mention. OP, you know what to do.

Betty

Banned
raymond-briggs-father-christmas.jpg

Raymond Brigg's Father Christmas, showing you how Santa spends the rest of his year while dealing with the realities of being Mr Clause.

And you can't go wrong with It's A Wonderful Life.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Being Swedish, this:

sunes-jul-julkalenderdkuk7.jpg

Not a movie, but the Christmas calendar/show from 1991. Available for free on SVT's (Swedish Television) Open Archive: http://www.oppetarkiv.se/etikett/titel/Sunes_jul/

Not sure if it's available only to people in Sweden, but it's there if you wanna check it out. Otherwise I usually watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Blues1990

Trading Places & Arthur Christmas. These two are my favourite moves that I love watching during the holiday season. One is a film about a pair of multi-millionare tycoons that place a bet to see if they could ruin a man's life & turn a homeless bum into an overnight success, while Arthur Christmas is a film about Santa's clumsy son that goes on a mission to deliver a present Old St. Nick had misplaced to a young girl.

trading-places-movie-poster-1983-1020193663.jpg

arthur_christmas.jpg

• Bad Santa
  • A Christmas Story
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Gremlins
  • Eyes Wide Shut
  • Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  • Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
  • Trading Places
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas

Movies I have to watch every year:

Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (MST3K)
A Christmas Carol (1984, George C. Scott)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Home Alone
The Santa Clause

• Bad Santa
  • A Christmas Story
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Gremlins
  • Eyes Wide Shut
  • Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  • Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
  • Trading Places
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas

All of these + Die Hard. Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas doesn't get enough love either, it's great despite how it got toned down in later releases. (For some odd reason)

I love Bad Santa.
It may just outclass Christmas Vacation for me.

onesheet.jpg

Has everything you need: smoking hot women (Sharon Leal & Jessica Stroup), Christmas cheer, Stringer Bell, family drama, Chris Brown being portrayed as an innocent kid. What more could you ask for?

Jarrod38

Family_man_movie.jpg

Cage, Leoni, Cheadle as the er... fantastical person of color who goes It's a Wonderful Life on Cage. Never realized that until recently, haven't watched it in a few years.

A really good movie.

Christmas_With_the_Kranks_poster.JPG

Don't care what people say but I enjoy this movie. Not the greatest Christmas movie out there but at the same time I like Tim Allen stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom