• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale does episodic right

beat

Found on EvilAvatar, which is a fourth-hand report (via Slashdot, Joystiq, and Telltale's own blog )

Without further ado, here is the pricing for Sam & Max: Season 1:

Individual episodes: $8.95
The entire season: $34.95

Buying the entire season gets you access to each episode as soon as it comes out on Telltale's site (we'll send you an email to let you know it's available), and next spring you can get a CD version of Season 1 for the price of shipping. Remember, there will be six episodes in Season 1, which means buying the whole season up front will save you almost $20. We'll start taking preorders for Season 1 in a couple of weeks.

Of course, there's a third option – get the episodes as part of a $9.95/month GameTap subscription (if you're in the US).

As Joystiq sez: "That's all the benefits of episodic distribution, with none of the non-physical hangups our retail-addicted brains insist are so important." I was only lukewarm on the idea of paying for Sam & Max till now, cause I feared it'd cost more than a regular game after all the episodes were done. But a big discount for upfront buy + a CD version at the end == sweet.

Grayman

Wow, that will make me reconsider not being interested at all!

Each episode is only 30-60 minutes of gameplay right?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Grayman said:
Wow, that will make me reconsider not being interested at all!

Each episode is only 30-60 minutes of gameplay right?

I thought it was at least a few hours per episode.

Top Bottom