• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale Games Shutting Down

Laserschwert

Neo Member
Well, as it is with digital purchases though there wasn't an actual product that exchanged hands. So in theory the stores could step up and either offer refunds to the customers or channel their earnings back to Telltale. Of course that money would never reach the developers.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Super sad L
Surprised nobody opened up their wallet and bought them out. Some devs get gobbled up. Some die for good. I thought TT Games would be one with enough history to get acquired at the last minute.

Almost all their games were based off licenced IP's, and those licenses are almost ALWAYS written to not be transferable if a company is sold. So what would you be really buying? A dev staff? Not worth it.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I hope the genuine talent behind their classic adventure gaming offerings (by which I mean point & click, not their endless forgettable movie-like games) ends up united somewhere else. Their revival of Sam & Max was so good, particularly the third season.

Enjay

Banned
I would usually say if they were good workers they'd find work elsewhere but I don't think that would apply this time. Hoping good things for all ex developers from telltale in their new careers.

IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo Cool article, thanks for posting it.

I think almost every TTG fan would agree that they spun out in their later years. Still, I was always rooting for them to regain their footing and start producing quality work again. The real shame is they actually did with their last two games. Batman: The Enemy Within and Walking Dead: The Final Season were a massive step in the right direction. Sadly, it was too little to late.

PSlayer

Never liked their games simply because the only gameplay was about making choices that never matter to the plot. Still, huge amounts of people losing their jobs is never good.

Top Bottom