• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

smr00

Banned
Completed season 1 on 360 and PS3 and no longer have either.

Any way of importing a save? Really don't want to have to replay the entire first season for the third time.

dreamfall

So totally excited!~

For those that ordered off TellTale's site, any word on how we get our keys?

Wait a second- if we ordered it on their site, do they not give us Steam keys?!

fantomena

How do I import my save file to season 2? Have both seasons on Steam.

Problem solved. It imported my save from season 1 automatically. :)

FluxWaveZ

Display style: Standard or Minimal? Will minimal disable the "so and so will remember this" prompts or have they removed the option to disable that like in The Wolf Among Us?

Played season 1 on 360 but don't have it. Anyone know how significant transferring a save is? Does it change things that significantly?

Will I lose much when not using savegames of earlier games? Like I stated earlier, I have played the EU version of season 1 and the US version of 400 days.

I couldn't find anything on the internet other then that savedata of season 1 is carried over in 400 days and that the savedata of 400 days is carried over in season 2.

Ellite25

I would love to play this game, but I lost my PC save multiple times and ended up having to play the last episode without any of my choices. I loved the game before that. Definitely one of the most disappointing things I've experienced in gaming. I just don't know if I want to chance it again and hope the save bugs don't occur again. Considering they never fixed it in season one I wouldn't be surprised in the least if if happens again.

Simzyy

So I'll be notified when it gets my Season 1/400 Days data?

Should be. I'm not sure what triggered it.

I clicked start new game and was on the screen where you can launch the episode but pressed back and suddenly a notification poped up saying you can import your season one data. So it searched and found it.

I have season one installed (Steam) and haven't uninstalled it since finishing 400 days. I'm not sure if the save file is on my PC or if it is a cloud save.

Lucifon

How can you tell that it has imported your saves? I saw some postcards and a loading symbol for about a second, then it's on the start chapter screen. When I click to view save files they're all showing as empty though. No prompts about not being able to load them, no prompts about it asking to load them though.

Edit - you have to hit start on Chapter 1 for it to bring up the import prompt. They could have made that clearer! Right, let's do this :D

mintyice

Is there a save generator for the first season of this? I played it on 360 originally but want to play S2 on PC. If there isn't can someone just upload their save for me?

Jake

Display style: Standard or Minimal? Will minimal disable the "so and so will remember this" prompts or have they removed the option to disable that like in The Wolf Among Us?

If it's anything like Season One you can go into the gameplay settings to see which aspects of this (including choice notifications) you can tweak.

FluxWaveZ

Considering all the save issues they've had, this is not surprising in the least.

Yeah, guess it was a matter of time until I hit an issue myself. Not cool to fuck up one of the presumably most important things going into Season 2 from Season 1. I'll be extremely frustrated if I can't import my save.

If it's anything like Season One you can go into the gameplay settings to see which aspects of this (including choice notifications) you can tweak.

That's what I would have thought, but unless the options change when the game actually starts as oppose to the main menu, the only things there are the two display styles and an option to invert the Y-axis.

I'm kind of staggered by Telltale's inability to keep track of the one thing that is essential to how these games play. Individual save data.

Okay maybe I have to buy the EU version because I have a Season 1 EU save. Will I lose much in season 2 gameplay if I don't have a 400 days save?

FluxWaveZ

"Unable to find a save file from Season 1"
TELLTALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrI3wy_TGk

If you haven't gotten it to work yet, do you know if you had played Season 1 in compatibility mode for Windows?

For me, running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP is what I had to do to get it to work initially when it was all broken, so I continued playing it in that mode. Now it seems as though the saves are stuck with that compatibility mode and that's probably why Season 2 is unable to detect them, even if I try starting it in that mode. Now I'll either have to find a way to transfer those saves over or play through the whole thing again.

Instead of random generated Season 1 game, they should have a pre-launch app that you can select all the decisions you want and customize it that way (in case you lost your savegame or want to try something else). I don't think that's hard to do. Regarding those decisions for Season 2 Episode 1:
It doesn't really matter, cause there's no one from season 1 who remembers you other than Christa and Omid
. Also all the actions and decisions were made by Lee, so I don't know if they are truly important here.

gabbre

I did it!
jbbfK5hSWxccPf.jpg
I put my backup savefiles in Documents, it works

Cudder

I killed the dog because I could not just let the dog suffer from the sticks. Letting the dog be would be torture.

Highlighted this, haven't played the first episode yet. Some context as to what your spoilers are would be great, thanks.

Roto13

Highlighted this, haven't played the first episode yet. Some context as to what your spoilers are would be great, thanks.

You will quickly learn to not click spoiler bars in Walking Dead threads when there are episodes out you haven't played. :p Or just avoid the thread entirely. It's like looking both ways before crossing the street at a crosswalk. Drivers are supposed to stop, but they doesn't mean they definitely will.

Jordan

I knew it was expected, but I've owned the game for two hours now and still not even got past the fucking intro screen. Serves me right for going directly through Telltale as opposed to Steam, but this is just terrible.

Their twitter feed is just them retweeting all the impeccable reviews they're getting, not the shit where nobody who bought it directly from them can play the game.

Top Bottom