• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

What server will the NeoGAF guild be in at OBT? We keep that one for launch right? Also, even though it will be made of NeoGAF members, will it be called NeoGAF? Should we like, uh, vote on a name or something? First time doing this by the way, I'm pretty excited to tank for you guys.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What server will the NeoGAF guild be in at OBT? We keep that one for launch right? Also, even though it will be made of NeoGAF members, will it be called NeoGAF? Should we like, uh, vote on a name or something? First time doing this by the way, I'm pretty excited to tank for you guys.

No clue I'm going to be on jagged coast pvp

I'd prefer a PvE server, but this is always the decisive part of MMOs and GAF.

I will be remaining on Valley of Titans, where the GAF guild began.

Are you staying with World Boss, RKZ? If so, I'll be honored to be your PvE grindan buddy and PvP foe. :3

No clue I'm going to be on jagged coast pvp

Big mistake. VoT always consistently had 2x the population of JC during the CBTs. Most of the large guilds will be remaining on VoT, including NFA/TFT, Something Terable (Goons), Aphotic, World Boss, Benny Lava, Sunless, and so on and so forth. The Reddit pussies are running for Jagged Coast with their tails between their legs. JC will be dead and merged with Basilisk Crag (the 3rd PvP server nobody wanted) in a matter of months.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Big mistake. VoT always consistently had 2x the population of JC during the CBTs. Most of the large guilds will be remaining on VoT, including NFA/TFT, Something Terable (Goons), Aphotic, World Boss, Benny Lava, Sunless, and so on and so forth. The Reddit pussies are running for Jagged Coast with their tails between their legs. JC will be dead and merged with Basilisk Crag (the 3rd PvP server nobody wanted) in a matter of months.

Let me try to find my giving a fuck. Nope can't find it. What the fuck is reddit anyways? I see it mentioned all the time.

Visceir

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
highelf_m_l21.jpg

highelf_f_l21.jpg
I gotta say I think this is my current favorite armor set in the game though.

Visceir

I'm still unsure what race to pick for my slayer character :l

Edit: I never bothered to check, how difficult/easy/possible is it to change your glyphs in this game?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL at the elins.

Cool story friend.

Too long didn't listen.

LOL some of these elin voices are fucking literally talking seductively and that old lady one is so damn dorky LOL

Edit: I never bothered to check, how difficult/easy/possible is it to change your glyphs in this game?

To change your glyphs you go to your glyph vendor and just chose to respec your points for a cheap price. You still keep the ones you learned you just gotta redump your points

Visceir

if you want the one with the most range on normals pick castanic male. Otherwise it doesn't really matter go for what you think looks cool/hot/cute

Yea, that's what I got from the video guide but then I saw this comment: "I did the same thing with Slayers using their Knockdown Strike. In Ktera the Popori and Amani females hit targets 10m away, where the male Castanic hit @ only 7m! The animations for KS are quite different with each race." - not sure how much truth there is to it.

Having long range on my skills would be more important than on regular attacks. Either way the choise for me comes down to castanic male or elf male. I played elf male slayer in beta and the racial ability to get full mp was quite nice, it's a shame it has a 2h cooldown.

I'm probably gonna go with castanic male.

If they are gonna come with better fur than that, they better update the models.Else the models would look pale in comparison, lol.
I'm honestly astound by the armor quality this game have, it's amazing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yea, that's what I got from the video guide but then I saw this comment: "I did the same thing with Slayers using their Knockdown Strike. In Ktera the Popori and Amani females hit targets 10m away, where the male Castanic hit @ only 7m! The animations for KS are quite different with each race." - not sure how much truth there is to it.

Having long range on my skills would be more important than on regular attacks. Either way the choise for me comes down to castanic male or elf male. I played elf male slayer in beta and the racial ability to get full mp was quite nice, it's a shame it has a 2h cooldown.

I'm probably gonna go with castanic male.

Well in the end it depends on what you want to look at as well. Or what animations you like the most. Little things like hitting one more meter is helpful but it wont make or break the game.

But it's not like the armor is bad on them, I'd say they look better til end game elf gear. The m elf gear up til end game looks realllllly stale x.x

Visceir

I kinda liked the idea of having a rather effeminate male elf character kicking ass in pvp, but I'm cool with castanics too.

And that fur armor looks good on pretty much any race/class. Let's hope no poporis were harmed during the making of those.

Bluehole is also doing a complete re-balance of PvP for Queen of Argon Part II, so I'm guessing issues with reach, hitboxes, position change from weapon swings, and animation speeds will be addressed then.

Since they are adding unlimited dodge to Warriors in QoA2 they had better do something about the many stuns Warriors have, in endgame PvP right now a Warrior can basically stunlock you until you're dead and giving them infinite dodges without addressing their stuns will only break them even more.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Bluehole is also doing a complete re-balance of PvP for Queen of Argon Part II, so I'm guessing issues with reach, hitboxes, position change from weapon swings, and animation speeds will be addressed then.

Since they are adding unlimited dodge to Warriors in QoA2 they had better do something about the many stuns Warriors have, in endgame PvP right now a Warrior can basically stunlock you until you're dead and giving them infinite dodges without addressing their stuns will only break them even more.

But warriors are sucky and ktera shuns them!
lol

Oh and winner of the most faces ever on a single piece of armor goes toooooooo

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Fun jTERA fact (not related to the western TERA versions). Seems like the game is having some serious problems here. Hangame (the Japanese publisher) announced a campaign during which you can get a special ticket just by logging in (you get one per day) and can then exchange those for prizes.

grate

I'm in and have a few other friends who would be interested in joining if there is another GAF PvE guild come OBT/Release.

Browsed past few pages and I don't see much confirmation on guild status. I played AOC and FF14 launches with GAF.

If nobody wants to organize something I don't mind spending sometime on it tonight after work. With naming reservations on Friday for pre orders we should probably get the ball rolling.

I plan on playing on a PVE server with a few friends and have already signed up for a three month sub.

I plan on playing this game actively EST evenings at release, OB, and pre-launch.

I had completely blocked this game out of my mind after playing through a couple betas to make the wait easier. I forget the specifics, but we get to keep one of our open beta characters right?

Ryuuga

Banned
Browsed past few pages and I don't see much confirmation on guild status. I played AOC and FF14 launches with GAF.

If nobody wants to organize something I don't mind spending sometime on it tonight after work. With naming reservations on Friday for pre orders we should probably get the ball rolling.

I plan on playing on a PVE server with a few friends and have already signed up for a three month sub.

I plan on playing this game actively EST evenings at release, OB, and pre-launch.

I'm in 100%. Just let me know what server you decide upon and I'll relay it to my friends. Also let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Wow this looks awesome. What is the intended subscription price if announced?

[f2p] would nice!

Pre-launch Inaugural Pricing before april 30th.

Monthly Subscription: $14.99
3-month Subscription: $35.85 ($11.95/month = 20% discount)
6-month Subscription: $59.70 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)
Yearly Subscription: $107.40 ($8.95/month = 40% discount)

Regular Pricing

Beginning May 1st at 12:00am PST the pricing will change to the normal rate.

Monthly Subscription: $14.99
3-month Subscription: $38.85 ($12.95/month = 14% discount)
6-month Subscription: $65.70 ($10.95/month = 27% discount)
Yearly Subscription: $119.40 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)

http://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/kw/price

Can't wait for the game to launch officially. Looking forward to playing with some GAFers, especially now that a friend who was getting it is cancelling their preorder.

For people new to the thread, the GAF Tera guild site is:
http://tera-gaf.enjin.com/

We don't know how many there will be for launch or who will be making the guild. However if you register on the site and fill in your info we can at least find and friend each other.

The GAF PvE server is Serpentis Isle.
The GAF PvP server is Valley of Titans.

Which is that?

Oh, sorry didn't specify. Was on Serpentis Isle, which is the second server off the PvE servers list. But considering to pick the first server on the list for release, just to get on board with the main crowd.

I'm definitely with the PvE, so if you guys are organizing something, let me know, thanks!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yup. No Fun Allowed and Touch Fluffy Tail are 4chan, Something Terable is Goons. Fortunately Reddit has left for Jagged Coast. We would be remiss if we weren't on the high population server with the other big website guilds.

The only thing good about goon squad is killing their shitty players as they try to swarm areas. I saw a fuck ton of touch fluffy tail and no fun allowed on jagged coast though

Top Bottom