• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrible micro hickups in Battlefield 5. Any solution?

Gamezone

Gold Member
After some searching on Google I found out that this is pretty common. Have anyone found a solution? It also happens in single player. Like when a bomb explodes right next to me.

I'm running the game on a RTX 2070 and I7 7700k. Is my CPU with "only" 8 threads really bootle necking this game?

I've tried experimenting with different settings without any luck.

Last edited:

welshrat

Yes its the number of cores, My sons 2500k and my old 4790k had the same issues. No issues whatsoever on Ryzen 2600 or my new 3700X

welshrat

So the 7700k is lagging behind in cores/threads?

Yes Pretty much, 4 cores 8 threads Just doesnt run well with BF5 or BF1, most games are still ok but I fear that the writing is on the wall with the advent of the new consoles based on Zen with 8 cores

Gamezone

Gold Member
Yes Pretty much, 4 cores 8 threads Just doesnt run well with BF5 or BF1, most games are still ok but I fear that the writing is on the wall with the advent of the new consoles based on Zen with 8 cores

Yeah, my 7700k is also at 100% when moving around in AC Oddesey as well, unless I cap my FPS on lower details.

welshrat

If you have the resources I would suggest selling the 7700k whilst its still worth money and buying one of the latest Ryzen's, I am not a fanboy by any stretch and own all consoles and PC and Mac gear (Mobile Dev), however the Ryzens have given me the smoothest PC systems I have built in years.

Settings? Are you overclocked at all? Issues in other games?

If you have a 60 Hz monitor capping fps to 60 should prevent your pc from being maxed out.

Overclocked(even stock) your CPU is fine for 60 fps gaming.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Settings? Are you overclocked at all? Issues in other games?

If you have a 60 Hz monitor capping fps to 60 should prevent your pc from being maxed out.

Overclocked(even stock) your CPU is fine for 60 fps gaming.

165Hz monitor.

If I lock the framerate to 60 FPS the CPU will run at only 60%, but the game will spike to 100% for a split second every now and then, causing stutter.

165Hz monitor.

If I lock the framerate to 60 FPS the CPU will run at only 60%, but the game will spike to 100% for a split second every now and then, causing stutter.
Yeah you need a much better CPU. For 165Hz I would recommend Intel over AMD though. Which monitor do you have?

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Yeah you need a much better CPU. For 165Hz I would recommend Intel over AMD though. Which monitor do you have?

I'm not asking for 165Hz in any game. The FPS on High is usually around 80-90 FPS. The problem is the damn micro stuttering. It's there even if I lock it to 60 FPS

Top Bottom