• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrible video game songs

Psyfer

Probably the most interesting Zelda battle theme.... I'm hard-pressed to think of one I *actually* like though in general.

What?

The only one I would put beneath BotW is SS (all of it's variations) because it's the only one that is as boring to listen to. The music in BotW is forgettable outside of Hyrule Castle and
the Divine Beast battles (opening the dungeons and their respective Blight fights)

jmartoine

How the fuck did I miss this. 3000 hours in Destiny and this is the first I have seen this. 😂😂
So cheesy

The song plays over the end credits after the final "story" mission in the Black Garden.

I remember finishing that mission, then the credits roll and this song starts playing over them and I just thought, "that's it?"

You guys only have to suffer from listening to this song playing GTA, but I have to listen to this at every big Mexican party ever. I remember way back when I first heard it, I was like, wtf, he's playing the same fucking note. But damn everybody starts dancing non-stop to this!

I'm with you Croco. I've seen plenty honeys get up and dance to this song at Mexican parties.
That's why I think it's awesome.

eXistor

I hate all songs with lyrics in them generally speaking. Every damn Jrpg has to have one of those and they're almost always uniformly terrible. People go on about stuff like Eyes on Me in FFVIII and it's just garbage to my ears.

Shredderi

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance.
I love the game for what it is, it's actually pretty good but its soundtrack needs to be mentioned in this very thread.

Right on man. Finishing Harmony of Dissonance was the most hard for me because of the music. Usually Castlevania music gets me pumped but this soundtrack was wack. I don't care if they wanted to do a lot of dissonant sounding music because of the title, it sounded bad.

the music in tekken 7 makes me smh off. i will never understand how people can get into this shit, this just sounds like audio cancer. a lot of the tracks in this game make me laugh more than anything

And yeah this is horrible. Tekken music has gone progressively worse with each new iteration. It used to be so good. When they weren't doing rock they were doing ambient chillout etc. and it was really cool sounding. Now they mostly do these shitty EDM ones. The music is so bad in fact that it's the ONLY reason I'm not buying the game on PC before it gets that jukebox feature that is currently on PS4.

Ravelle

OH FUCK!!! I completely forgot about this.

The reason I never bought SF4 was because of this song. I downloaded the benchmark to test my PC. I heard this song. Completely turned me off to the game. I actually had excellent frame rate, too.

I think this fits under it's so bad it's good category.

PillarEN

I hate all songs with lyrics in them generally speaking. Every damn Jrpg has to have one of those and they're almost always uniformly terrible. People go on about stuff like Eyes on Me in FFVIII and it's just garbage to my ears.

Booooooo

A little Yoko Shimomura magic cures all

I think Kotaku said it best when reviewing Final Fantasy XIII-2;

This track is one of my favorites of last gen. Thus I'll allow the OST to exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOF4bfZoHOs

Paul McCartney - Hope For The Future

The video is fucking hilarious too. There are holograms of McCartney singing all over the Destiny locations. It's truly awful.
Absolutely awful, I thought it was a joke until I saw the video. Holy crap balls is that bad, the song and the video, just awful. It is quite emblematic of how serious Bungie took Destiny before the whole thing got a massive rewrite and edit. The changes were so that what was given to us didn't make sense and with nothing explained it was hard to take seriously.

Is this thread just about songs in games?

Because there have been some truly fucking awful songs about games. I mean, actual commercial record releases, not just internet enthusiasts.

Right Said Fred - actual British pop stars doing Sonic
http://youtu.be/YFX1r_aN6sM

Dr. Spin - Tetris
http://youtu.be/NJKsn_OkOQ0

There were equally awful Suoer Mario Land and Street Fighter 2 records as well. Will post if I can find them.

Top Bottom