• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TESIV: Oblivion - So you want to start using mods, eh?

Ledsen

Ettie said:
No! I was seeing the meshes only. I did the VERY same thing earlier with the Ren's hair mod.

I'm not a tldr'er or a non-thread reader, but this is very damning just the same :)

I think it comes from following instructions without a clear understanding of what I'm doing. I've got the mesh/texture purpose down now (since I've seen one without the other) so hopefully these minor issues are a thing of the past.

Well to be honest it's pretty stupid that they're in separate packs.

KuroNeeko

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I wasn't sure where to post this.

With Skyrim on the way, I'm looking at playing either Oblivion or Morrowind for maximum hype-age. Oblivion on the 360 was my first experience with Bethesda and their games, but the auto-leveling caused me to drop the game around level 13 or so. I really enjoyed it otherwise.

Now that I have a computer capable of running modded version of both games, I'd like to get into one of them but am not sure if I should go back and play from Morrowind or just head straight into Oblivion. I hear a lot of people go on about Morrowind's art direction and story, but the game is fairly outdated. Oblivion improved the visual aspect of the game but suffered from design decisions (that are fixable through mods.) So, not sure where to go from here.

Any opinions? I'm not a hardcore graphics whore, but I have a harder time going back to earlier games if they look "bad." I do love a good story though...

Ledsen

KuroNeeko said:
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I wasn't sure where to post this.

With Skyrim on the way, I'm looking at playing either Oblivion or Morrowind for maximum hype-age. Oblivion on the 360 was my first experience with Bethesda and their games, but the auto-leveling caused me to drop the game around level 13 or so. I really enjoyed it otherwise.

Now that I have a computer capable of running modded version of both games, I'd like to get into one of them but am not sure if I should go back and play from Morrowind or just head straight into Oblivion. I hear a lot of people go on about Morrowind's art direction and story, but the game is fairly outdated. Oblivion improved the visual aspect of the game but suffered from design decisions (that are fixable through mods.) So, not sure where to go from here.

Any opinions? I'm not a hardcore graphics whore, but I have a harder time going back to earlier games if they look "bad." I do love a good story though...

Modded Morrowind looks pretty awesome, so I don't think there'll be any problems there. Start with MW is my suggestion.

Dizzy-4U

Hey guys, I'm starting Oblivion this weekend (for the first time) so I started adding some mods and stuff to make the game more enjoyable.

My question is: Is there a mod that replace the walk/run animation of your character when you are in third person? I found a bunch of animation mods, but most of them were for NPCs (except one that made the character fight like Dante from DMC or some crap like that).

Basically, I'm looking for a more natural walk and run, nothing too fancy.

kodt

Banned
I tried to get FCOM to work, but ultimately I was unable b/c I could not get Wyre Bash to run on Windows 7 64bit.

Also I installed Oblivion to the Program Files directory which apparently causes issues on Win7/Vista. I ended up just using:

OOO
Natrual Environments/Weather
Quarls Texture Pack
Lootable Vendor chests
Dark UI

When I get bored I load up Hilarity and spawn some Ogres or cause a riot.

Oblivion Mod Manager and BOSS work nicely on Win7 64bit, just make sure you always run them as Administrator.

Ledsen

kodt said:
I tried to get FCOM to work, but ultimately I was unable b/c I could not get Wyre Bash to run on Windows 7 64bit.

Also I installed Oblivion to the Program Files directory which apparently causes issues on Win7/Vista. I ended up just using:

OOO
Natrual Environments/Weather
Quarls Texture Pack
Lootable Vendor chests
Dark UI

When I get bored I load up Hilarity and spawn some Ogres or cause a riot.

Oblivion Mod Manager and BOSS work nicely on Win7 64bit, just make sure you always run them as Administrator.

I run Wrye Bash on W7 64-bit without any problems. Did you install the Wrye Python package?

Dizzy-4U said:
Hey guys, I'm starting Oblivion this weekend (for the first time) so I started adding some mods and stuff to make the game more enjoyable.

My question is: Is there a mod that replace the walk/run animation of your character when you are in third person? I found a bunch of animation mods, but most of them were for NPCs (except one that made the character fight like Dante from DMC or some crap like that).

Basically, I'm looking for a more natural walk and run, nothing too fancy.

The only ones I know of are "sexy walk" type mods for female characters.

Darkman M

Had to reinstall windows and lost everything so I had to reinstall oblivion ands wyre bash won't run some reason for me. I run windows 7 64bit and wrye bash worked before on it so I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.

Dizzy-4U

Ledsen said:
The only ones I know of are "sexy walk" type mods for female characters.
Yeah, I saw some videos but they were too much for my taste. Though, I found a ranger specific mod that looked pretty nice.

the recent Skyrim trailer hyped me up for some open world rpg so I install my vanilla Oblivion again (no shivering isles), I never finished it last time, and as soon as I start the game, I remember why, the face is so damn ugly it really turn me off from playing it. even more know then when Oblivion first came out.

so these mods can fix that right? not just for your character (which you almost never see really), but to all npc and cutscenes too?

and how important is shivering isles? I really don't want to buy an expansion to a game I might never finish anyway.

KuroNeeko

Hey all,

Just finished modding Morrowind. I found it strangely relaxing so I moved on to Oblivion. Seems Oblivion is a lot easier to mod for but am hitting a few snags. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it!

1) I'd like to run the All Natural compilation but the readme says I'll need Wrye Bash. I tried giving it a quick download but the install.exe said I needed another four programs just to run WB. Is there a way to just go through the OBMM or do you really need Bash? Is it worth the effort? Does the mod require a lot performance wise? To be honest, I'm trying to avoid super, heavy mods (I'm skipping the Graphic Extender) so this may get the cut. Still, I've heard so many good things about it...

2) Anyone get MMM working with OOO? How is it? I think the creature variety of MMM sounds fun, but I don't know, seems like OOO is a tightly run ship - flirting with MMM is just asking for disaster. If it adds a lot to the game though...

3) Sexy Walk. I've got it installed but my character is doing the walk. :( Something against walking sexily in a prison cell or something?

4) I downloaded a few of the extra races out there but am still looking for some good mods of Khajit, Wood Elves, and Dunmer. I wasn't really that impressed with Dunmer but I'm guessing that the pics on the first page are of a Dark Elf and man, they just look really good. Actually having a hard time finding characters that look that good...Am using HGEC bodies, Ren's Beauty Packs, and Abriel's Races Revisted but if any of you know where I can find the above mod I'd be interested in knowing. (edit:looks like it might be Elves of Lineage II?)

5) Anyone know how the extra content areas work with relations to OOO? Looking at some of the extra quests like Hoarfrost Castle I was wondering if something like that would make OOO implode or mess up the balance that it was striving for. One of the reasons I'm apprehensive about using MMM with OOO.

6) Anyone try Midas Magic for OOO? Looks good and I was hoping to go with a spellcaster this time around. Thoughts?

Anything you can add is appreciated! With all these mods out for Oblivion it kind of makes me glad that I waited so long to get it on the PC. Not sure what I'll do when Skyrim comes out. @.@;

Callibretto said:
so these mods can fix that right? not just for your character (which you almost never see really), but to all npc and cutscenes too?

and how important is shivering isles? I really don't want to buy an expansion to a game I might never finish anyway.

I'm still looking for a good NPC mod myself, but yes, there are mods like the Beautiful Women Mod out there that can give them better faces.

I'm not sure how important Shivering Isles is as I haven't made it that far but there are two ways you can go about it...

If you're looking to play a heavily-modded Oblivion then you may not miss it. There'll be so much free stuff for you to do that one extra DLC package probably won't mean that much. As EvilLore pointed out earlier, modded Oblivion offers near unlimited replayability.

On the other hand, I've heard pretty good things about the expansion. You'll just have to ask yourself if you'll make it that far. Chances are that if you're really going to get into the game, then you probably wouldn't regret getting it. Have you thought about getting the GOTY package? Steam throws it up on sale a few times a year if you can wait for it.

kodt

Banned
Ledsen said:
I run Wrye Bash on W7 64-bit without any problems. Did you install the Wrye Python package?

Hmm I don't think I did. I think I just had Python and Wyre Bash installed, but not wxPython. Oh well I am a ways into my current game and I am enjoying it, so I will stick with this.

I added No Psychic guards and Thievery in the Imperial City to my active mods. It's cool to have a vendor who will buy stolen goods without joining the Thieves Guild. Morrowind had some vendors like this.

arotator

Neo Member
Question:

Was I supposed to extract Qarls Redemized to the Oblivion Data folder before making an OMOD? (This involved overwriting all the original game's textures with Qarls)

This site: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/How_to_create_an_OMOD, under "assumptions" made it sound like I had to, but now I fear I've made a mistake.

That guide later says to move the files from the data folder into the omod folder you're creating. Well, too late now! I just booted up Oblivion and it appears to be working fine. Frame rates dropped, as expected. I'll have to boot up fraps when I get home to see what kind of FPS I'm getting.

arotator

Neo Member
Well, making another OMOD I now know for sure I shouldn't have extracted Qarl's into the texture folder.

The good thing is right now I have all the mods I want installed and everything is working well.

Oblivion looks a lot better than it had previously and I am playing it for the first time through with all the DLC (second time through period) and on a much better computer.

Thanks for making this thread, this will definitely be a nice primer for Skyrim.

(And fuck Dragon Age, it can't hold a candle to this).

Orgun

Ah fuck this is annoying. I have followed the guide to. the. letter. and yet crash. crash. crash. crash. reinstalled and gone through the process 10 times. Fuck you Oblivion.

edit: Time for attempt NUMBER BLOODY ELEVEN!

Truant

This seems too complicated for me. Is there one .exe file I can download that just gives me all the level-scale mods, fancy graphics\textures, all the good stuff?

_Bro

Banned
So I got around to installing Nehrim a couple days ago.

It's amazing what a mod team can do. I don't think a game has ever been out done by a conversion mod before. Like, this isn't just "oo, i like this more" but just a better game all around.

The world, the characters, the writing, and just the quests. I haven't even gotten to the sanctum and they've pretty much outdone the best of Oblivion. The quality of this is amazing. Can't even imagine why people are bothering to mod Oblivion, nothing will compare to Nehrim.

NOTHING

Dave Inc. said:
I've tried to play with OOO before and I can't stand it, where Francesco's just makes the game better. OOO is just too un-scaled, it doesn't make sense for 95% of the game world to be off-limits to a lvl 1 character because it's filled with lvl 5+ mobs. It's no fun exploring the first level of a dungeon, realizing the second level is far too much for you and leaving.

Uhm yeah, actually that makes a lot of sense.

And with some strategy, you can try looting dungeons far above your character's skill level. It took me several hours of trying but I managed to get Umbra's sword out of that dungeon on the west side of the middle lake. I'd pick pocket, and haul ass, but her speed is insane. But I finally had the right technique to pull it off and get away with my life, using enough potions to run fast enough and then water walk before she could catch up with me. Tons of awesome moments like that. Or stealthily creeping through a dungeon full of spectral warriors, knowing if you're spotted you're dead meat, and on the bottom level, finding a powerful meteoric weapon is priceless. Or using careful deception to get the monsters to kill each other off, so you can clear out a certain dungeon in the south of the map full of Amazon warrior chicks. OOO takes Oblivion to a godly level of fun.

Orgun

Bah, I cant' get Oblivion XP to work. The game runs with everything up until that point, once I install Oblivion XP the game won't go past the middle ware intro screens.

edit: Well managed to get the game to run with Oblivion XP installed but it's not working properly :( I have the Oblivion XP interface but my skill ups are still vanilla style.

EA353D18D2AB587FA18A3EFBBB053160B5FDE648

3950D8B1F9C1A38C2E4829951081104DEA2E6093

Ledsen

KuroNeeko said:
Hey all,

Just finished modding Morrowind. I found it strangely relaxing so I moved on to Oblivion. Seems Oblivion is a lot easier to mod for but am hitting a few snags. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it!

1) I'd like to run the All Natural compilation but the readme says I'll need Wrye Bash. I tried giving it a quick download but the install.exe said I needed another four programs just to run WB. Is there a way to just go through the OBMM or do you really need Bash? Is it worth the effort? Does the mod require a lot performance wise? To be honest, I'm trying to avoid super, heavy mods (I'm skipping the Graphic Extender) so this may get the cut. Still, I've heard so many good things about it...

2) Anyone get MMM working with OOO? How is it? I think the creature variety of MMM sounds fun, but I don't know, seems like OOO is a tightly run ship - flirting with MMM is just asking for disaster. If it adds a lot to the game though...

3) Sexy Walk. I've got it installed but my character is doing the walk. :( Something against walking sexily in a prison cell or something?

4) I downloaded a few of the extra races out there but am still looking for some good mods of Khajit, Wood Elves, and Dunmer. I wasn't really that impressed with Dunmer but I'm guessing that the pics on the first page are of a Dark Elf and man, they just look really good. Actually having a hard time finding characters that look that good...Am using HGEC bodies, Ren's Beauty Packs, and Abriel's Races Revisted but if any of you know where I can find the above mod I'd be interested in knowing. (edit:looks like it might be Elves of Lineage II?)

5) Anyone know how the extra content areas work with relations to OOO? Looking at some of the extra quests like Hoarfrost Castle I was wondering if something like that would make OOO implode or mess up the balance that it was striving for. One of the reasons I'm apprehensive about using MMM with OOO.

6) Anyone try Midas Magic for OOO? Looks good and I was hoping to go with a spellcaster this time around. Thoughts?

Anything you can add is appreciated! With all these mods out for Oblivion it kind of makes me glad that I waited so long to get it on the PC. Not sure what I'll do when Skyrim comes out. @.@;

I'm still looking for a good NPC mod myself, but yes, there are mods like the Beautiful Women Mod out there that can give them better faces.

I'm not sure how important Shivering Isles is as I haven't made it that far but there are two ways you can go about it...

If you're looking to play a heavily-modded Oblivion then you may not miss it. There'll be so much free stuff for you to do that one extra DLC package probably won't mean that much. As EvilLore pointed out earlier, modded Oblivion offers near unlimited replayability.

On the other hand, I've heard pretty good things about the expansion. You'll just have to ask yourself if you'll make it that far. Chances are that if you're really going to get into the game, then you probably wouldn't regret getting it. Have you thought about getting the GOTY package? Steam throws it up on sale a few times a year if you can wait for it.

1. You don't need four other programs. Just download the "Wrye Python" from the same TESNexus page as Wrye Bash. And not, OBMM can't make a Bashed Patch.

2. It's very possible, and in fact I'm pretty sure MMM includes compatibility patches for OOO... I'm not sure if it's easy or hard since I haven't done it myself. Download MMM and read the readme very carefully if you want to do it.

3. That's weird. Try re-installing it in OBMM. Which options did you choose at install?

5. Which "extra content areas"? Are they from MMM? If so, see above.

Truant said:
This seems too complicated for me. Is there one .exe file I can download that just gives me all the level-scale mods, fancy graphics\textures, all the good stuff?

Nope. The Elder Scrolls mod community despises collections, because they don't want a few mods to become the "standard" to the exclusion of everything else that people have worked extremely hard on. The best you'll find are detailed guides.

arotator said:
Question:

Was I supposed to extract Qarls Redemized to the Oblivion Data folder before making an OMOD? (This involved overwriting all the original game's textures with Qarls)

This site: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/How_to_create_an_OMOD, under "assumptions" made it sound like I had to, but now I fear I've made a mistake.

That guide later says to move the files from the data folder into the omod folder you're creating. Well, too late now! I just booted up Oblivion and it appears to be working fine. Frame rates dropped, as expected. I'll have to boot up fraps when I get home to see what kind of FPS I'm getting.

You're not supposed to do that, no. In fact, that's exactly what the omod will do automatically for you. What you do is simple extract Qarls Redimized anywhere you want, then add that folder to an omod. When you've created the omod, you can delete the extracted folder since all the files are now stored in the omod.

fake edit: Seems like you figured it out yourself :) Happy modding!

Orgun said:
Ah fuck this is annoying. I have followed the guide to. the. letter. and yet crash. crash. crash. crash. reinstalled and gone through the process 10 times. Fuck you Oblivion.

edit: Time for attempt NUMBER BLOODY ELEVEN!

What's your mod list? You've likely made one simple mistake or something, probably not that hard to fix.

Orgun said:
Bah, I cant' get Oblivion XP to work. The game runs with everything up until that point, once I install Oblivion XP the game won't go past the middle ware intro screens.

edit: Well managed to get the game to run with Oblivion XP installed but it's not working properly :( I have the Oblivion XP interface but my skill ups are still vanilla style.

[mg]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559776341277353858/EA353D18D2AB587FA18A3EFBBB053160B5FDE648/[/img]

[im]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559776341277352617/3950D8B1F9C1A38C2E4829951081104DEA2E6093/[/img]

Did you install it via OBMM? What's the rest of your mod list?

Orgun

Ledsen said:
1. You don't need four other programs. Just download the "Wrye Python" from the same TESNexus page as Wrye Bash. And not, OBMM can't make a Bashed Patch.

2. It's very possible, and in fact I'm pretty sure MMM includes compatibility patches for OOO... I'm not sure if it's easy or hard since I haven't done it myself. Download MMM and read the readme very carefully if you want to do it.

3. That's weird. Try re-installing it in OBMM. Which options did you choose at install?

5. Which "extra content areas"? Are they from MMM? If so, see above.

Nope. The Elder Scrolls mod community despises collections, because they don't want a few mods to become the "standard" to the exclusion of everything else that people have worked extremely hard on. The best you'll find are detailed guides.

You're not supposed to do that, no. In fact, that's exactly what the omod will do automatically for you. What you do is simple extract Qarls Redimized anywhere you want, then add that folder to an omod. When you've created the omod, you can delete the extracted folder since all the files are now stored in the omod.

fake edit: Seems like you figured it out yourself :) Happy modding!

What's your mod list? You've likely made one simple mistake or something, probably not that hard to fix.

Did you install it via OBMM? What's the rest of your mod list?

Yup, everything installed through OBMM and made OMODs of everything when an OMOD was not available.

My current list, havent installed a few things this time around.

NewBitmapImage-3.png

Ledsen

Orgun said:
Yup, everything installed through OBMM and made OMODs of everything when an OMOD was not available.

My current list, havent installed a few things this time around.

[im]http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy93/OrgunUK/NewBitmapImage-3.png[/img]

Sorry I forgot about your post :) Anyway, looks like you're using an old version of OBXP. There's a newer one called "Oblivion XP Update" which is up to 4.1.9. Try that one.

Apath

I hate this thread. Every time it pops up it inspires me to boot up Oblivion and try to mod it, only to realize how much of a failure I am when it comes to getting this stuff to work ;_;

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Been having trouble, Downloaded a bunch of the mods. Beauty Pack, Deadly Reflex, Unofficial Patch, etc. Beeing using OMOB and have most of the script editing already in. Now it use to work, but right now... nothing is working at all. It's still the standard ugly game and it's upsetting. What have I done wrong?

yamo

I've just installed the following mods:

-HG EyeCandy Body (female body replacer)
-High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC (better textures for the above mod)

I have all the textures and stuff for the different races but I can't seem to chose the new races at character creation. Faces seem to be the old ugly ones aswell for all races :(

Anyone have idea what i'm doing wrong?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Odd question, after install the new OMOD. All my standard files that read .BSA are now considered OMOD(They have the Icon). Would this effect my game and why it doesn't load any mods?

Orgun said:

[im]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559776341277353858/EA353D18D2AB587FA18A3EFBBB053160B5FDE648/[/img]

[im]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559776341277352617/3950D8B1F9C1A38C2E4829951081104DEA2E6093/[/img]
Do you have the "Oblivion Script Extender"? Because you need that for Oblivion XP.

Bear

_Bro said:
So I got around to installing Nehrim a couple days ago.

It's amazing what a mod team can do. I don't think a game has ever been out done by a conversion mod before. Like, this isn't just "oo, i like this more" but just a better game all around.

The world, the characters, the writing, and just the quests. I haven't even gotten to the sanctum and they've pretty much outdone the best of Oblivion. The quality of this is amazing. Can't even imagine why people are bothering to mod Oblivion, nothing will compare to Nehrim.

NOTHING

Yeah, Nehrim is really amazing.

All the Skyrim hype got me tempted to replay Oblivion, but I ended up trying Nehrim instead. Don't regret it at all. I loved Oblivion, but Nehrim feels like it understood how to construct an interesting world to immerse you in. Land is very vertical, and with winding paths and cliffs it feels much larger yet takes so much less time to traverse between areas. Towns and cities were much more densely packed, and fast travel is out. Main quest is much better than Oblivion, as are most sidequests. There are no guild quests this time, and they were the best of Oblivion's quests, but the main and sidequests outclass the rest of the game.

This is an Assassin's Creed II level jump. Fixes the main problems of a flawed but interesting predecessor.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sorry for the 3rd question. I've been reading more FAQs and tinkering with it. I can manual install the mods fine, but using OMOD has proved unsuccessful. After going through the FAQ again. I notice the problem is that it is install the things to an App/Local/Temp location. Instead of the Mesh/Textures pack.

I keep looking for an option to change the file location path but I can't find it.

It's this step from the FAQ
"Check to make sure the data files were added with correct paths (switch to the Data Files view and make sure the file paths start with "Meshes\", "Textures\", etc. "

The file path isn't going to the Obvilion folder is all. I need to change it, but can't find an edit button to do so.

JoeBoy101

Bear said:
Yeah, Nehrim is really amazing.

All the Skyrim hype got me tempted to replay Oblivion, but I ended up trying Nehrim instead. Don't regret it at all. I loved Oblivion, but Nehrim feels like it understood how to construct an interesting world to immerse you in. Land is very vertical, and with winding paths and cliffs it feels much larger yet takes so much less time to traverse between areas. Towns and cities were much more densely packed, and fast travel is out. Main quest is much better than Oblivion, as are most sidequests. There are no guild quests this time, and they were the best of Oblivion's quests, but the main and sidequests outclass the rest of the game.

This is an Assassin's Creed II level jump. Fixes the main problems of a flawed but interesting predecessor.

Does Nehrim have player housing?

Anyone have any good voice acted mods?

I have most of the big ones, like the Lost Spires, Thievery in the Imperial City, Let the People Drink, Vilja Companion, that one Werewolf Quest, and a few minor ones (something about a thief's den and one about a stolen book, both took roughly 5 minutes to beat). Oh yea, and Castle Ravenpride.

I'm kind of picky in that I only download mods with voice acting. I don't know why, it's just something I have a personal rule about.

The one rouge character I have is already the head of the thieves guild, the head of the brotherhood and has beaten like 80% of the side quests. So I'm kind of running out of quests, and I really like this character :(

Ledsen

shintoki said:
Sorry for the 3rd question. I've been reading more FAQs and tinkering with it. I can manual install the mods fine, but using OMOD has proved unsuccessful. After going through the FAQ again. I notice the problem is that it is install the things to an App/Local/Temp location. Instead of the Mesh/Textures pack.

I keep looking for an option to change the file location path but I can't find it.

It's this step from the FAQ
"Check to make sure the data files were added with correct paths (switch to the Data Files view and make sure the file paths start with "Meshes\", "Textures\", etc. "

The file path isn't going to the Obvilion folder is all. I need to change it, but can't find an edit button to do so.

Are you talking about OBMM? Could you link to the FAQ?

_Bro

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
Anyone have any good voice acted mods?

I have most of the big ones, like the Lost Spires, Thievery in the Imperial City, Let the People Drink, Vilja Companion, that one Werewolf Quest, and a few minor ones (something about a thief's den and one about a stolen book, both took roughly 5 minutes to beat). Oh yea, and Castle Ravenpride.

I'm kind of picky in that I only download mods with voice acting. I don't know why, it's just something I have a personal rule about.

The one rouge character I have is already the head of the thieves guild, the head of the brotherhood and has beaten like 80% of the side quests. So I'm kind of running out of quests, and I really like this character :(
As already mentioned, Nehrim. It's in German but it's worth it.

Don't think, download.

_Bro said:
As already mentioned, Nehrim. It's in German but it's worth it.

Don't think, download.
Is it a mod, or an executable? If it's an in-game mod, that would be fine, since it's in a far away land, in my head they're speaking their native language :)

Also I first clicked on your avatar to quote your post. I don't think I am the first person to do that.

Bear

balladofwindfishes said:
Is it a mod, or an executable? If it's an in-game mod, that would be fine, since it's in a far away land, in my head they're speaking their native language :)

If you're fine with it being a foreign language, the voice acting is pretty good. It suits the atmosphere of the game well.

And yeah, it's a mod. You select it in Data Files and you're good to go.

Characters don't transfer though, that's something to keep in mind. It changes a lot of things in the game, such as plenty of added and removed spells and even skills.

coopolon

I'm really enjoying Nehrim, but holy crap this thing is demolishing my computer (e8400@3.6 and 5870). Everything maxed my fps is all over the place, from 60 to 15 and back again when outside. I've been looking around the internet and some people are recommending an oblivion stutter remover, I think I'll try that out tomorrow.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ledsen said:
Are you talking about OBMM? Could you link to the FAQ?
I read the one in the OP initially, and installed in that order.

This is the current one

It's step 5 in Creating OMOD files, and Unzipping files to Temp location I believe. My current problem is that it seems to be unzipping files into a completely different location when I start my OMOD. I got to create and the file location when I switch to data mode is showing something like apps/local/temp, instead of C/oblivion. And when I did manage to change it to C/oblivion/Data, it didn't seem to install correctly.

The 2nd problem I'm also having with manual install is that it seems to break the game. I always check to make sure they install with a new game, but the script is broken then, and can't leave the cell. This is just with using Ren's Beauty Pack and Body mod.

D3RANG3D

coopolon said:
I'm really enjoying Nehrim, but holy crap this thing is demolishing my computer (e8400@3.6 and 5870). Everything maxed my fps is all over the place, from 60 to 15 and back again when outside. I've been looking around the internet and some people are recommending an oblivion stutter remover, I think I'll try that out tomorrow.

Did you try optimizing it with the Nehrim launcher?

1z21z43.jpg

Manager

I see the Nehrim launcher above has dual CPU support, I take it there's no Oblivion optimization tool that adds that?

Btw, the map on the first page mentions "Natural beauty", what is that? Google leaves me empty handed. I've found Natural faces but it has gotten really low rates lately, apparently it mess up people's games.

Ledsen

shintoki said:
I read the one in the OP initially, and installed in that order.

This is the current one

It's step 5 in Creating OMOD files, and Unzipping files to Temp location I believe. My current problem is that it seems to be unzipping files into a completely different location when I start my OMOD. I got to create and the file location when I switch to data mode is showing something like apps/local/temp, instead of C/oblivion. And when I did manage to change it to C/oblivion/Data, it didn't seem to install correctly.

The 2nd problem I'm also having with manual install is that it seems to break the game. I always check to make sure they install with a new game, but the script is broken then, and can't leave the cell. This is just with using Ren's Beauty Pack and Body mod.

Sorry for not answering... hope you've solved your problem. If not, that sounds very strange. I believe OBMM should automatically find your Oblivion directory upon installation, and always unzip omod files in that directory. My only advice is that you try to re-install OBMM. Honestly with the other weird problems you seem to be having, re-installing Oblivion itself probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Murkas

I decided to mod Oblivion but am having 2 problems. Pics below:

b4URv.jpg

eGsWH.jpg

As you can see, There are no walls by the town gates so I can walk right through them and I'm also getting these "I'm a missing mesh" speech bubbles. Anyone know how I can solve this? The mods I have are below.

DAsVW.jpg

I tried disabling Better Cities - Open better cities.esp but that didn't solve the no walls by the gates problem. One mod you don't see on there is Qarl Texture pack, I didn't create a OMOD just put the meshes and texture folder in the game directory like it told me to. Was i not suppose to do that? Would be so happy If I can get these problems fixed.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Had everything I wanted downloaded and I manually installed one of the patches in the wrong folders... i'm uninstalling this shit i'll wait for Skyrim

Top Bottom