• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura hints at Kingdom Hearts Announcement Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fake.

The stuff about Coded and 358/2 Days is in the Famitsu interview, but the stuff about a new announcement is nowhere to be found.

Spiegel

AndriaSang said:
I have Famitsu in front of me, and I don't see the line about a new Kingdom Hearts being announced next week anywhere in there.

Makes sense. How are they going to announce a new KH when there are two unreleased KH games and one of them doesn't even have a date.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A fansite that sources another fansite whose sources is a Japanese fansite whose source is a scanlation of Famitsu all which is translated by yet another fansite. Huh.

Robinspain said:
mmmmm

- Kingdome Hearts announcement next week
- OPM says Square-Enix is working on an unnanounced action game
- PSExtreme said few days ago that there's a big secret ps3 game (to be revelead in some weeks)
- Hobbyconsolas apris issue (on sale today): "next month one game of a big franchise will be revealed"

Oh Shii.....

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
AndriaSang said:
This is fake.

The stuff about Coded and 358/2 Days is in the Famitsu interview, but the stuff about a new announcement is nowhere to be found.
maybe this will help :p

APZonerunner said:
And with disney characters on the front it'd probably sell better than both on the Wii.

ding ding fucking ding. unless squeenix had the same mentality as other 3rd parties that the wii would be a massive failure, i really think it makes the most sense for kh3 to come out for the wii. i have all consoles, and im rooting for the wii version. i think using the wiimote would be more fun than hd personally.

bdizzle said:
ding ding fucking ding. unless squeenix had the same mentality as other 3rd parties that the wii would be a massive failure, i really think it makes the most sense for kh3 to come out for the wii. i have all consoles, and im rooting for the wii version. i think using the wiimote would be more fun than hd personally.

The thing is SE has to pitch this shit to Disney anyway. They have to say "This is what we want to do, this is what we want your precious characters to do and say etc" and disney has to give it the seal of approval. SE could easily say "So here's the design document. It's going to be PS360," and Disney may well turn around and say "Uhh.. no. If you want to continue this series, you'll follow our overall strategy and do it on Wii, the family friendly system for a family friendly company like Disney."

And Square Enix sure does like their cut of the KH money, so they will obey.

jeremy1456

Second said:
Because two console versions will probably sell better than one?

Why? Because the userbases combine? Wii's userbase is bigger than both PS3's and Xbox 360's in Japan combined!

Majmun

jeremy1456 said:
Why? Because the userbases combine? Wii's userbase is bigger than both PS3's and Xbox 360's in Japan combined!

Oops, I forgot.
KH is only popular in Japan.

rataven

I really want this announcement to be KH3, but I don't see how SE has time. Isn't the KH team (allegedly) working on Vs. XIII?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
As a KH fan it saddens me all the system wars bullshit that always goes on this gen regarding the series. Many clearly don't even care about the game itself (KH3) as much as they care about their system of choice getting another "important" exclusive and/or "the lulz that will ensue".

Narcosis

Fuu said:
As a KH fan it saddens me all the system wars bullshit that always goes on this gen regarding the series. Many clearly don't even care about the game itself (KH3) as much as they care about their system of choice getting another "important" exclusive and/or "the lulz that will ensue".

I think the sad thing is S-E's dev cycles are so damn slow that we'll be lucky if we get KH3 this gen on any of the 3 consoles before the next generational shift occurs, message board reactions be damned.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Spiegel said:
Makes sense. How are they going to announce a new KH when there are two unreleased KH games and one of them doesn't even have a date.

They announced KH2 and CoM the same day and they were a while apart from each other in terms of release.

Link

The Autumn Wind
A few months ago I would have said KH3 on the Wii is a complete no-brainer. Now? Not a chance in hell that's happening.

Quote me on this.

EDIT -
CurseoftheGods said:
Kingdom Hearts III for PS360. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep port for Wii.
Yes, this is more likely.

grandjedi6 said:
Because people don't read the threads they post in
Needs to be quoted again it seems!

AndriaSang said:
This is fake.

AndriaSang said:
This is fake.

AndriaSang said:
This is fake.

AndriaSang said:
This is fake.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
grandjedi6 said:
Because people don't read the threads they post in
And even those who do have their little agendas to push, can't miss any chances.

MoogPaul

Don't expect SE to put too much effort into the HD consoles considering the companies recent outings, unless it's been in development for quite some time. Hell, I wouldn't been surprised if it's a DS or PSP mainline Kingdom Hearts.

Redd

Fuu said:

I find it funny because I'll play it regardless of where or when it's released. It's hilarious to me why so many take it seriously.

Narcosis

You know, even if this wasn't fake, I'm pretty sure the "big announcement" would be that S-E had made a deal with a clothing manufacturer to create KH clothing, just like they have done with Versus XIII. Maybe we'd get a nice photoshop-worthy jpg of Nomura himself sporting giant shoes and a lock pendant

Die Squirrel Die said:
Isn't BBS pretty much already a mainline PSP game (KHZero/Alpha/Origins)? KH1 secret trailer -> KHII, KHII secret trailer -> KHBBS.
Yeah. I really don't think KH3 will be announced until we see some secret trailer at the end of BBS.

Majmun

Fuu said:
That's Birth by Sleep, the PSP game.

Ow, didn't knew that. Thanks.

I bet the game won't be as cool as the trailer. Just like with KH's Deep Dive teaser. KH2 never achieved that dark style. :(

Second said:

I bet the game won't be as cool as the trailer. Just like with KH's Deep Dive teaser. KH2 never achieved that dark style. :(
People need to forget about KH going really dark. As long as it has Disney in it, KH wont be the dark kind of game people are hoping for (and honestly I don't know why people want KH to be dark.) If you want a dark KH style game, just wait for Versus XIII.

CHRP718

Banned
Second said:

Nomura is doing that with Final Fantasy Versus XIII :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom