• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas teachers give ‘most likely to become a terrorist’ award to 13-year-old

How drunk were the teachers when they came up with this idea?

olHZo5Y.jpg

What a shocker that this happened in Texas. I would hope that there is something done about this but knowing the culture there she'll probably get a raise and a promotion. Pretty sad people can defend this with a straight face saying it was a joke.

Not sure what she looks like, but if shes on the tan side, then to most people you're brown. If you're brown you're as bad as the rest.

Yep, I get that a lot on Facebook. I'm a Californian bad hombre who needs to get deported despite telling people I was born and raised in California.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Jesus, the other awards are bad but can you imagine a teacher giving you “most likely to become homeless”?

Probably because of "Villan"

But...kind of reminds me of that Chapo Trap House podcast on why conservatives aren't funny. That's pretty fucked up.

What the hell? I mean, I remember getting these joke rewards before, but all I got was "most likely to be a card shark."

Really f'd up to do that

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Once DeVos gets her way she'll be able to earn the "Most likely to be a bad Hombre" award she deserves.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Someone needs to hand them a an award that reads "Most likely to be fired"

Fucking wankers. It's not funny and those kids could be getting bullied about this shit for years. Fire the bastards and ruin their names so they can never get a job in teaching again, because they're clearly not fit for it.

Aselith

“poor attempt to poke fun”

I would actually like to hear them explain what they were poking fun at. What about this child made you think she was most likely to be a terrorist?

Let's get them on a camera so they can explain that one.

Hale-XF11

Reminds me of when I was a kid and one of my asshole teachers gave us "gifts" at the end of the year. He gave me a pin that read "Don't be so humble, you're not that great." Cool, thanks teach.

DrArchon

You gotta be a really special kind of stupid to come up with an idea solely based around insulting little kids. Like, they're fucking kids, you morons.

How drunk were the teachers when they came up with this idea?

olHZo5Y.jpg

to be completely fair, if the answer isn't "flask" then i dont know what the fuck the answer is

the question itself is so off-throwing that i legitimately can't think of a non-possibly-offensive answer

Yeah, I have no idea either.

EDIT:

Okay, I thought it might be a cultural difference. You don't get stuff like that in classrooms here in the UK.

This is hilarious if only because it's completely fucking absurd

How can this happen in this day and age? How can they think this is acceptable? Even if you take out the terrorist award, the rest are fucking abysmal as well.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
to be completely fair, if the answer isn't "flask" then i dont know what the fuck the answer is

the question itself is so off-throwing that i legitimately can't think of a non-possibly-offensive answer

Flag?

Answer is realistically flask.

Johndoey

Banned
Come on now. Even if your dumbass thinks this shit is funny at some point you'd have to realize all the ways it would backfire.

Did they hand out "Most likely to be a rapist" and "...pedophile"? Would seem about in line with their lack of taste in "jokes".

Texas always in competition with Florida for dumbness. I don't think G/A/F is enough.

Obscura

I remember these joke awards from when I was a kid. We had stuff like "most likely to become a rock star", not this heartless shit.

Teacher needs to be fired and if any other employees knew about it, them too.

caliph95

Come on now. Even if your dumbass thinks this shit is funny at some point you'd have to realise all the ways it would backfire.
This is the kinda shit you gossip in the teachers lounge because how frustrating students can be not give awards and such

Niks

Oh yes, the old "it was supposed to be joke" situation rears its head again.

Common sense is truly dead.

megalowho

As a teacher, I can confirm that other teachers say this kind of shit (less so the terrorist thing and more the other two awards mentioned in the article, but still) about their students behind their backs all the time. Student gossip is like the #1 subject of conversation. I always found it extremely serpentine and unprofessional. This is crossing too many lines.
Yeah, my first thought was this sounds like teacher's lounge shit talking that someone had the great idea to turn into a "funny" award ceremony for their students.

Top Bottom