• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Press Conference And Stage Show Schedule [Localized Time Zones]

ShadiWulf

pretty much got the SEGA thread made, excited. lol

would September 14th be a good day to put up the SEGA thread? The Stage show starts on the evening of the 14th in US time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, just aim for an hour or two before it starts.

If you have to put it up earlier, that's fine, just make sure to PM me a link so I can bump it when it starts.

thechemist

If anyones got a bit of time could someone do a timetable like the one below for the main conferences, would be really helpful, thanks.

E3times.png

Much Appreciated!

thechemist said:
If anyones got a bit of time could someone do a timetable like the one below for the main conferences, would be really helpful, thanks.

Much Appreciated!
I tried one:

RRkGx.png

Based on the times in the OP. I hope it's good. And of course, thanks to Clipper for the idea, and Nirolak for the OP.

Edit:
Google Docs version, for in case you can't read something:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar4Eg3e_1GIrdGtUUm0tLWZ1MDRkdl9xZ0RkZ0FabkE&hl=en_US

You can also use it as a template for any future events/etc.

Edit2: I am a goof. I didn't notice a couple Australian CST times disappeared because I resized the cells. They're supposed to be 11:00 and 12:45 respectively. Sorry. If you're truly confused, that's what the Google Docs link is for.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why would you do that? said:
I tried one:

RRkGx.png

Based on the times in the OP. I hope it's good. And of course, thanks to Clipper for the idea, and Nirolak for the OP.

Edit:
Google Docs version, for in case you can't read something:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar4Eg3e_1GIrdGtUUm0tLWZ1MDRkdl9xZ0RkZ0FabkE&hl=en_US

You can also use it as a template for any future events/etc.

Edit2: I am a goof. I didn't notice a couple Australian CST times disappeared because I resized the cells. They're supposed to be 11:00 and 12:45 respectively. Sorry. If you're truly confused, that's what the Google Docs link is for.
Thanks a ton!

FTH said:
Where can we find the livestreams yet?
I'll try and add all the links in a couple of hours.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As per the other 3DS thread, if you want to know what time the Nintendo event starts for your time zone, click here and find your city on the list.

Thanks for adding it to the OP.

Unfortunately, I just realized I made a couple mistakes (such as not including all of the stage show times) so I quickly fixed those mistakes, while making it more readable:

I0UZF.png

I hope it doesn't look over-complicated, but I hope it's more useful and readable now. Google Docs link is the same.

Those times aren't right. I'm at +1 and Tokyo is 7 hours in front - meaning the Nintendo conference starts at 5AM here, 4AM GMT

These tables are almost always wrong here :\

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I didn't know Nintendo conference was part of TGS. Guess it's still a 3DS only conference huh? Need more Wii U infos. :(

FoxHimself said:
Those times aren't right. I'm at +1 and Tokyo is 7 hours in front - meaning the Nintendo conference starts at 5AM here, 4AM GMT

These tables are almost always wrong here :\
Really...? I don't understand. In fact, the PDT times on the table match those on the IGN chart in the OP, so I don't think it's a problem with the times.

Do you have Daylight Savings Time right now? That could be why. Similar to how US PST is normally -8 but because of dst, it's one hour ahead, aka -7 (and called PDT instead of PST).

Bisnic said:
I didn't know Nintendo conference was part of TGS. Guess it's still a 3DS only conference huh? Need more Wii U infos. :(
Technically, Nintendo's not at TGS. Doesn't stop them from having a conveniently placed press conference, though.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, are the times listed right or wrong? According to this thread Nintendo's conference will start at 5am my time, while according to the Nintendo 3DS Conference thread's countdown it will start at 6am. I'm setting my alarm now, I don't wanna get it wrong and wake up earlier for nothing or end up missing it...

Alextended said:
So, are the times listed right or wrong? According to this thread Nintendo's conference will start at 5am my time, while according to the Nintendo 3DS Conference thread's countdown it will start at 6am. I'm setting my alarm now, I don't wanna get it wrong and wake up earlier for nothing or end up missing it...
it's right because of DST. i think we just need an actual countdown for each conference for those that don't want to figure it out.

Alextended said:

If you are in the UK, it starts at 4AM.
Norway, like I'm in - 5AM.

The table is wrong.

Okay, the chart I made is right. I know why FoxHimself is confused.
FoxHimself said:
If you are in the UK, it starts at 4AM.
Norway, like I'm in - 5AM.

The table is wrong.
You worried me for a moment, but I just did a ton of research, and I now know why you are confused.

Normally, you're at GMT+1 (CET), but because of Daylight Savings, or "Summer Time," you're currently observing GMT+2 (CEST).

Don't worry, it's a common mistake. It's like how some people in America get confused, because Eastern Standard Time (EST) is generally GMT -5, but during Daylight Savings, we observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), which is GMT -4.

Tokyo is normally 8 hours ahead of you, but Japan doesn't observe Daylight Savings, so now they're only 7.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'll open the Nintendo Conference OT 20 minutes before it starts so people can post images to show others images of how ready their bodies are.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Brazil is online, so I assume the OP is just taking him a little bit to make.

Sometimes threads take longer to make than you expect before starting them.

Mrbob

What the UStream link to the conference? It isn't in the OP of this thread. I thought I saw it in a thread and I can't find it now.

Edit: Thank you!

Okay, that should give me enough time to check out the conference and then make the OT for the Namco Bandai press conference

Probably create it 15mins before the start time

Trying real hard to find a stream link for the Namco Bandai conference that starts soon. Tried the link to BN's Japanese site, but no such luck yet. Maybe it will be available as the start time gets closer

Pooya

joystiq has some news up about Grasshopper panel. not much

Diabolical Pitch
dpitch914.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/14/grasshopper-manufactures-kinect-xbla-diabolical-pitch-revealed/

During a pre-TGS event, "video game band" Grasshopper Manufacture unveiled Diabolical Pitch, the Kinect title first announced last year as "Codename D." And it is absolutely a game about a baseball player pitching and batting balls at oncoming monsters.

Two players are shown at once lobbing baseballs, lifting one another up for health support, and even joining hands in a DBZ-like "fusion" pose for a special attack, against what looked like a vaguely disco-esque baseball field.

Frog Minutes to Mobage
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/14/grasshopper-manufacture-bringing-frog-minutes-two-more-to-mobag/

Top Bottom