• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That feeling you get from NOT working.

The worst thing about not having a job is that you don't have any days off. The background hum of stress eats you up 7 days a week. At least when you're working you get 2 days off a week to not have to think about it. When you're unemployed, you're unemployed 7 days a week.

Fbh

Never had that until I opened my own business and started working independently.

Now it's like:
When Working or being productive: "I've been working a lot, I want some time off to just relax, do things I like and not worry about being productive"
When taking time off and just relaxing: "I feel like I wasted the day, I should have done something productive instead"

Last edited:

Zug

I love having nearly 10 weeks of vacation a year. Most of this time is spent doing nothing productive, and guilt is nowhere to be found.

The key I think is to be able to mentally isolate work from the rest. During the first decade of my work life I used to do what ever I could to stay reachable, have my pro email on my phone (worst thing to do) and answer emails à 10pm etc.
I wasted a considerable amount of personnal time, I don't think this has ever helped me in my professional career, worst, it probably tagged me as submissive at some point.

Top Bottom