• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That one Unlikely HD Remaster you want

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
An SMT collection in HD. Or just Nocturne if I have to choose a single game

Anteater

god hand, really don't feel like keeping my ps3 hooked up and for some reason it felt weird when running on emulator (seems to have massive input lag)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
KotOR

For the love of Jesus/Allah/Buddha/ make it happen

Zaku

Kya: Dark Lineage.

Great platformer with some beat 'em up elements and some good character design. A gem for the PS2 which was very sadly overlooked, I'm afraid.

Grandia Trilogy.

Final Fantasy VII

DJIzana

I would love to see a PSO remaster as well for the Wii U or PS4.

Next up would probably be an Earthbound remaster or Chrono Cross remaster.

zruben

Banned
Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Xenoblade Chronicles

Unlikely because all of those were just one gen ago...
and because Nintendo apparently hates my money.

Fhtagn

images

If I was a billionaire I'd fund this so fast.

If we stick to the first post's guidelines and do no graphical overhaul other than making it render at 1080p, then it looks just fine being played on a PS3 from the original disc, right now. (I did so early this year. Great game.)

That said, I would be pretty happy if someone took the environmental assets from Dark Souls 2 and re-textured King's Field with them, and took the controls and added a modern dual stick option.

Socom 2. The most fun I've ever had online on a console. But it's clear after confrontation and socom 4 that Socom is dead and gone.

Fhtagn

Dark souls 1 and 2 for current gen consoles since I have a shit PC. Oh and majora's mask for 3ds or new 3ds.

I feel like a Dark Souls 1 & 2 for current gen consoles running at 1080p/60fps is a no brainer release from From Software at some point between Bloodbourne and before the inevitable Dark Souls 3. Hope I'm right.

Elder Scrolls 1 and 2. I've tried playing them, but my god, it's just painful to look at and I can't figure out WHAT I'm looking at.

Remakes I would buy in a Flash:

Mario Maker for Wii U remake:

Include a full editable version of Super Mario Bros. (NES). Editable DLC versions of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. Hell, while we are at it editable versions of Zelda: ALTTP and Super Metroid.

Modern creation modes as DLC for Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Zelda Wii U, whatever Metroid Wii U game comes out, ETC. Have all these shareable over the web or its a fail in excecution.

Nintendo hardware remake:

Portable SNES with all Nintendo released games preloaded, with options to buy 3rd party games as well. Remake the 3DS to be glass multitouch screens as a bonus.

N64 remakes for 3DS:

Super Mario 64
Wave Race 64

GC remakes for Wii U:

Pikmin 1-2
Eternal Darkness
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
View. Joe 1-2
SSX3

Wii-makes for Wii U:

Super Mario Galaxy 1-2
Zelda Twilight Princess