• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That scene in Doctor Sleep...

pramod

Banned
I think you know which one. I had to stop watching the movie midway since it shook me up so much. Kinda like the lake murder scene in Zodiac it kinda sticks with you. I think its mostly the great acting by the kid that sells it.

Anyone know of other really disturbing movie scenea? I mean ones that dont rely on gross out gore but just great acting to freak you out.

Really intense scene, shook me when I watched it in the theater. Really loved the movie though, having such a disturbing scene that felt real like that really made the whole movie feel more consequential.

Also, I remember seeing IT in theaters and when Georgie got his arm ripped off, my friend turned to me and whispered "are they allowed to do that?" Seeing kids get hurt on screen is a lot rarer and a really unpleasant experience, but when done right it can really add to the horror.

Nymphae

Banned
What is with this board and all the "most disturbing" stuff lately? Never see "most heartwarming" etc. GAAAAY, let's talk about rape scenes

Fbh

To be honest I thought the movie lacked a few more scenes like that.

Wasn't creepy/fucked up enough.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Rape scene in Irreversible.

This scene left permanent scars. The movie as a whole haunted me for years. :messenger_pensive:

(After watching it normally, my second viewing was with each scene in chronological order. The new realization that the boyfriend killed the wrong person in revenge while the actual rapist slipped away without any repercussions made my initial revulsion even worse.)

Last edited:

Ionian

This scene left permanent scars. The movie as a whole haunted me for years. :messenger_pensive:

(After watching it normally, my second viewing was with each scene in chronological order. The new realization that the boyfriend killed the wrong person in revenge while the actual rapist slipped away without any repercussions made my initial revulsion even worse.)

Wow, I never noticed that. Wasn't a film I wanted to watch again.

nkarafo

Rape scene in Irreversible.
Dunno, that wasn't too shocking for me. Maybe because i was expecting it to be shocking and cruel after all the talk and hype surrounding it.

The fire extinguisher scene though... I wasn't expecting that. It came out of nowhere. And the visual effects might be the most convincing i have seen of that type.

Birdo

Banned
I'm not saying this to sound like a badass, but I wish film scenes would freak me out :messenger_pensive:

Thanks to the internet, I'm numb to everything and I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
You all are making me want to rewatch this because I feel like I saw a different movie. I don't remember any kind of rape scene.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I think you know which one. I had to stop watching the movie midway since it shook me up so much. Kinda like the lake murder scene in Zodiac it kinda sticks with you. I think its mostly the great acting by the kid that sells it.

Anyone know of other really disturbing movie scenea? I mean ones that dont rely on gross out gore but just great acting to freak you out.
Rape scenes in some movies just killed any sense of ever going back to certain movies for me. The ones I felt to extreme were: Last House on the Left (the original), I spit on your Grave (original), the messed up 4th-wall ending of Snuff. There was also a weird one that wasn't as explicit called "the Clown Murders." It was a low-budget Canadian thriller with John Candy ( prior to him being famous. Something like 4 or 5 guys who are obsessed with this one girl at a party. They dress up as clowns and three of them assault the woman in an old farmhouse. I think someone starts killing them off with homemade murder traps and kills the woman, too. Kinda glad John Candy left movies like that.

Yes. I saw The Nightingale last night. It's an absolutely incredible movie but holy fuck if one certain scene didn't shock and disturb me. I felt sick.

Incredible movie though and I seriously recommend it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Not a movie scene but absolutely Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy is difficult to watch I want GAF to see that saga

Tesseract

Banned
Everyone's in a bad mood.
fug dat

e70df98df0e684b1ad0b721d7227ddd3.gif

betlbum2

Some scenes in Pink Flamingos. The one that I have to fast forward past is the dude messing with the chicken, ending up killing it.

Top Bottom