• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Nameless

I have a list.

EDIT: Also, obligatory:

eJsNz9n.gif

QT2pELG.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I hope this season will be more good. By more good I mean not having arbitrary character motivation changes, not being a show about people walking back and forth, not having the identity of the villain change every week, more Imagine Dragons songs, etc.

Ushay

The real MVP of 100. She's gone through one of the biggest changes of any of the cast and grown so much in comparison to virtually everyone.

Who didn't think she would just be the standard cute chick who was at the centre of some crappy love triangle? So glad they moved on from that and actually developed her character.

Indeed, she went from annoying teen to total mature badass in no time. This series is vastly underrated.

I fear for the safety for all those with no name. Seems like a lot of people they can still kill. On the other hand, they need survivors to populate the planet.
I'm curious if the writers ever wonder about just grabbing an unnamed extra and turning them into a prominent character like having a background character picking up a bigger role with the group in the time between season 2 and 3. I mean, there's potential with all of them when you think about it.

Joni

I'm curious if the writers ever wonder about just grabbing an unnamed extra and turning them into a prominent character like having a background character picking up a bigger role with the group in the time between season 2 and 3. I mean, there's potential with all of them when you think about it.
Of course. If they need someone new, they can pull them out of that group. Outside of that we still have named 100s that might be alive.

Joni

They still got some adults. Or poupulate with the grounders
That is true, but they are getting old. The adults come mostly in parents for The 100. There seem to be a couple of generations missing: young kids, people the age of Raven and a bit older, old people.

LakeEarth

That is true, but they are getting old. The adults come mostly in parents for The 100. There seem to be a couple of generations missing: young kids, people the age of Raven and a bit older, old people.
There also seems to be a lack of characters in the 100's age group who weren't the 100. Not that it's a big deal, it's just show logistics.

BSherrod

I'm really excited for this to come back and I think that having a tight, smaller run of episodes will work in the show's favor in the long run. I probably don't want to know what season 7 of this show would've looked like.

Joni

There also seems to be a lack of characters in the 100's age group who weren't the 100. Not that it's a big deal, it's just show logistics.
True, it seems kinda lopsided on all levels. There are 100 kids in jail, while there are only 2658 people total on board. At least they can pull of the 'new characters suddenly appearing' trope much more plausible than Lost.

Apoc29

Let's just assume all the kids died when the Ark crashed. It's cool 'cause none of the main characters are related to them.

Joni

Let's just assume all the kids died when the Ark crashed. It's cool 'cause none of the main characters are related to them.

The brilliance of the one kid system. It is impossible to have your sibling die. Katniss Everdeen would have been a lot safer in a world like that.

Halfway through the first season and its incredibly hard to keep watching.

The story and premise are great, but the acting is so bad and everything just feels super cheap and budgety like it's on syfy. Also lots of tropes and mega unrealistic scenarios.

Does it get better S2 and on?

LakeEarth

Halfway through the first season and its incredibly hard to keep watching.

The story and premise are great, but the acting is so bad and everything just feels super cheap and budgety like it's on syfy. Also lots of tropes and mega unrealistic scenarios.

Does it get better S2 and on?

Holy hell yes. Just make it to the end of season 1 (which is pretty good), then decide again. Season 2 is even better, but if you don't like it by the end of season 1 I don't see you changing your mind.

Season 2

Dead Prince 188
Cornballer 123
anaron 77
strafer 70
Frog-fu 70

We didn't really have a S1 thread but there was a thread.

WhereAreMahDragonz 123
anaron 121
Funky Papa 67
Rafa=FedKilla 65
Malvingt2 60

Holy hell yes. Just make it to the end of season 1 (which is pretty good), then decide again. Season 2 is even better, but if you don't like it by the end of season 1 I don't see you changing your mind.

Okay thanks. I've always wanted a 'repopulate earth!' type sci-fi show or movie that takes a different approach and this seemed to fit the bill.

I also acknowledge that sometimes these 'bad' actors just need a season to warm up and establish the characters, so I'll keep an open mind through the remainder of the season.

Top Bottom