• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 19 Most Hated Companies in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeblue

Delta does not surprise me. They are probably the worst airline I've ever flown on.

Dish Network is also not surprising since, even though what I'm getting is exactly the same as what I've always been getting, my bill has climbed by about $10 in the last year.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Beam said:
After seeing all the bitching about cable companies, is there any cable company that has a good service?
I moved to this town 2 weeks ago. One of the first things I did was check out each of the two cable companies (such a rarity to have any kind of choice in the first place) to see which one I'd go with for internet service.

First company (Troy Cablevision) has slightly higher rates than the second, charges a $50 installation fee, and charges a ~$5/month service fee that you have to sign up for if you don't want additional charges for house visits when they have to fix technical issues. That's right; the customer has to pay extra when their equipment fails for reasons outside of your control.

Second company (Cobridge) had slightly lower rates for comparable speeds, no installation fee, and no service fee.

The next day, I went to Cobridge to sign up. They informed me that they had just been bought out by Troy within the past day or so and were no longer offering new installations.

This perfectly encapsulates the typical experience with the US cable industry, imo.

Sixfortyfive said:
I moved to this town 2 weeks ago. One of the first things I did was check out each of the two cable companies (such a rarity to have any kind of choice in the first place) to see which one I'd go with for internet service.

First company (Troy Cablevision) has slightly higher rates than the second, charges a $50 installation fee, and charges a ~$5/month service fee that you have to sign up for if you don't want additional charges for house visits when they have to fix technical issues. That's right; the customer has to pay extra when their equipment fails for reasons outside of your control.

Second company (Cobridge) had slightly lower rates for comparable speeds, no installation fee, and no service fee.

The next day, I went to Cobridge to sign up. They informed me that they had just been bought out by Troy within the past day or so and were no longer offering new installations.

This perfectly encapsulates the typical experience with the US cable industry, imo.
What a rip off. They have no shame.

Codeblue

Sixfortyfive said:

When I had my cable internet installed by the one company that could get any sort of high speed internet to my house, the lady put a hole in my ceiling while moving around through the attic and tried to argue that the board she stepped on was not secure and therefore it was my fault.

And my internet still sucks.

So yeah, the cable industry blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom