• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 24 Hours Of Le Mans |OT| Includes a support race in Baku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batteries are the LiOn kind. If you overcook them, they explod. They probably need sometime to make sure that all the cells are in the operarional temperature.

DD

I think (of course I don't) that the problem with Audi is that they're making ugly cars since last year. They need to go back making beautiful cars like the old R18s were to be competitive again. =B

I think (of course I don't) that the problem with Audi is that they're making ugly cars since last year. They need to go back making beautiful cars like the old R18s were to be competitive again. =B

The R18s until 2013 are the most beautiful race cars ever IMO.

LoveCake

Big problems with #1 Porsche! very slow on the Mulsanne.

Running on electric only from what EuroSport are saying.

LoveCake

How far can the 919 go on electric only? I didn't know it could run on electric only!

#47 Nissan out also now and driver has run off!

2014's version was kind of cool too, but that generation between 2011 and 2013 were indeed absolutely gorgeous.

The combination of the ultra-wide front tires and fastback roofline made it a thing of beauty. Thing looks like a rocketship compared to the ungainly designs we have today, although the TS050 doesn't look half bad.

McNum

That doesn't sound good for the #1 Porsche. Lucky that it could get the main engine running. Hopefully it will make it back to the pit.

The combination of the ultra-wide front tires and fastback roofline made it a thing of beauty. Thing looks like a rocketship compared to the ungainly designs we have today, although the TS050 doesn't look half bad.

Plus the regulations allowed the LMP1s to be wider and lower than they are now.

That Porsche being flashed by passing cars remembered me this awesome, and utterly unsafe, video:

https://youtu.be/gsFvx5F5bEE

cilonen

I agree, but the cars are too reliable now, that is not a criticism it is just now much more luck, I still believe in "to finish first, first you have to finish" but you need everything to go perfectly to win now, it is still the best motor-sport race imo.

I know this is controversial but I would like to see the first chicane on the Mulsanne Straight taken out, the track has been levelled of some years back and with the way the aero on the cars now they would be ok at very high speed, I have heard many drivers being interviewed over the years and them saying that the long straight gave them a rest.

Slightly off topic, but I am wondering what are people fave cars from Le Mans (you can only pick one), Mine has to be the Mazda 787B they just went for it on the day, they just drove the car as fast as it could go and never gave up, it also looked fantastic and sounded fantastic as well.

My model of the car.

L0SyLVA.jpg

Things I miss are the JLOC (Japanese Lamborghini Owners Club) who used to take part in the race, also the Henri Pescarolo team, I also wish the DeltaWing could have made it :(

Car #84 Frédéric Sausset is still driving and now up to 38th place and 20 laps behind.

Awesome models. The 787B is one of my favourites, my absolute #1 is the Rothmans Porsche 956 from '82 and '83 though.

I love the '88 Jag and both the early 90's Peugeot ('93 or '94?) and also the most recent Peugot they ran in that gorgeous chrome and blue too.

DD

Nah, I really like the 919 and the TS050. It's just the Audi that got uglier. =/

I want Ford to win so badly. Normally I don't have a rooting interest, but I'm tired of the same 2-3 manufacturers winning every year. Plus that GT is straight sex on wheels. I also hope Toyota wins even though I'm a Honda guy.

So the #2 is getting the #6 at a alarming rate and Dumbreck says "yeah, we weren't paying attention".

Sigh.

You would think that the biggest motor race in the world would be more careful with the people in charge of presenting it to the world.

dubc35

Why are the Corvette's so bad this year? Currently P5 & P9 in class.

I guess two GT's in class ahead make the difference.

edit, the time for the race sucks so much in PT (6am-6am). ET 9am finish would be amazing, heck even 7 would be better.

DD

FFS, six brazilians in six different cars, and none with a chance of victory. I'm starting to believe that we'll never have a win at Le Mans. :c

FFS, six brazilians in six different cars, and none with a chance of victory. I'm starting to believe that we'll never have a win at Le Mans. :c

Tomas Erdos and Jaime Melo Jr got wins at LMP2 and GTE. But overall? Yeah, seems impossible.

DD

Tomas Erdos and Jaime Melo Jr got wins at LMP2 and GTE. But overall? Yeah, seems impossible.

Oh, I thought that we never had any kind of win there. Thanks for the info, I didn't knew about that! So we're missing an overall win, then. Well, won't be this year either. :c

Porsche #2 has made up a lot of time during the night. From hanging on for life to back in control of the race. Will be interesting to see what happens when the lights come back on.

Can't believe how close it is after 15 hours. I really hope it stays this close to the end.

And those are some bright ass rear lights on that Toyota lol

oipic

Ugly and probably unnecessarily increased level of damage for the Corvette there. Poor tire barrier design.

Very unusual place (and circumstance in which) to lose the car, but yep, the tyre barrier couldn't have been placed in a worse position for #64 as it turned out.

Gutted for Olly Gavin, he's a great racer and gentleman of a bloke, such a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom