• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 24 Hours Of Le Mans |OT| Includes a support race in Baku

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Guys at Toyota are probably already praying to all possible gods that tech gremlins left their garage unmolested :)

RSP

Sunday.
Had my breakfast.
Kids are playing.
Coffee.
Le Mans.
F1 this afternoon.
BBQ this evening.

Yup, I'm liking this!

cilonen

This one was a looker also:

PLM_2011_7_Peugeot_1.jpg

Yep, that's a beauty.

Toyota still appear to be leading, nice?

Slightly weird. Because the #6 has fallen off a bit, but the #5 has shot up into the lead.

Might have something to do with the contact Kobayashi had with a GTE AM in the night. Damage was slight, but it required an extended stop to fix and the car hasn't quite been the same since.

cilonen

Porsche #2 caught up during the night, sun rose and Toyota regained control.

Slightly weird. Because the #6 has fallen off a bit, but the #5 has shot up into the lead.

Yep I noticed the switch, Ant Davidson's car has flipped the situation from when I fell asleep.

I hope they can hold it together.

The radio LeMans people have had an interesting discussion about battery complication on all the hybrid cars being a reason why times haven't dropped at all since sunset. Ironically, caused by the cars creating too goddamn much power normally and needing to be limited here.

NHale

Incredible how close it is after 19 hours...

Toyota's have the advantage of having a extra lap every stint so Porsche will need stop one more time than the Toyota's until the end

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Balls, new nose for 6.
Probably cleaning out the gravel too

Straight shoot-out for the win now.

Damn, did Davidson blow through a slow zone? Dude sounded pissed that he didn't get a heads up from the team. With the #6 in the garage, Toyota can't throw this away potentially with such a careless penalty.

Edit: Never mind, sounds like he was upset he wasn't told when the slow zone ended and lost a bit of time being on the speed limiter too long.

Bustanen

They are in a decline since 2014. Lots of reliability problems for three years now (not to mention strategic errors and lacklustre development - but I blame the diesel for the last one).
Yeah it's time to ditch the diesel, it's not just good enough anymore.

LoveCake

It is close in all LMP1, LMP2, GT Pro and GT Am, only one lap at the most between them all, with 1 1/2hrs to go!

The Morgan LMP2 - NISSAN #84 with Frédéric Sausset (disabled driver) is still running and doing well in 39th place 66laps behind, and doing good lap-times and is also in front of a few new LMP2 cars by a couple of laps (I know #84 is a older spec car) I hope that Frédéric is in the car for the final stint to take the checkered flag.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
It is close in all LMP1, LMP2, GT Pro and GT Am, only one lap at the most between them all, with 1 1/2hrs to go!

The Morgan LMP2 - NISSAN #84 with Frédéric Sausset (disabled driver) is still running and doing well in 39th place 66laps behind, and doing good lap-times and is also in front of a few new LMP2 cars by a couple of laps (I know #84 is a older spec car) I hope that Frédéric is in the car for the final stint to take the checkered flag.

Yeah hearing about his story was amazing. That would be awesome if he was able to cross the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom